Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

94 T56 hydraulic problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont think the master is overextended because the rod hooked onto the pedal assembly easily without force or anything. it clicked when i pushed the pedal foward when the master was disconnected from the pedal.

Originally Posted by License2Ill
Oh by the way I was thinking about the 3 clicks u said u heard when u pulled on the master.... u should go down there and inspect to see if the boot or cap on it is what u heard popping off, and what is happening is that its hanging by its last edge and your master is overextending and then overpressurizing the slave. But since u got the clip in the master isn't falling apart or spilling out the fluid. a longshot but possible in theory.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ok u wrote u pulled it out b4 I think, my brother had your problem, he ended up getting a matching and bled slave+cylinder to cure, But he was trying to bleed alone also like I am only I have opposite symptoms.

It has to be air, u got the right process, u just got air one of those times.
Post an update when u get r dun. Hopefully it wont cost u anything.

Last edited by License2Ill; 07-28-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Veteran

the pedal was clicking, not the master.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

ok i fixed it

i have very very nice firm pedal response and the gears go in smoth as butter.

heres what i did

External Clutch Slave Cylinders Without Bleeder Screws.

Push the pushrod in and disconnect both retaining bands, slide them out (already on when you buy the slave to compress the rod) and release the pushrod and allow it to fully extend. *do not cut or discard retaining band*. tip the slave to a 45* angle and pour cluth fluid inside the line port hole until all air has been expelled or when its full. with the slave cyl still tipped up, insert the clutch line with the rubber o-ring seal into the port you poured clutch fluid into. insert retaining pin and drive in with hammer or drift punch. with the master cyl cap removed, slowly push the push rod back in and connect retaining strap back onto the slave. install slave cylinder.

then i checked the fluid and went to press the clutch. press it little at a time and work your way to the floorboard. then cap the resivoir when full and enjoy.

Quick Reply: 94 T56 hydraulic problem