Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I bet no one can figure this out.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I bet no one can figure this out.

Search is not being nice to me todat But her is the deal my step brother 6 speed t/a this guy had his trans mission rebuilt twice first time he destroyed the gear cluster second time he bent a fork and busted his 4th gear Now it has been rebuilt again has been running fine for 9 months all of a sudden he has no third or fourth gear at all. We look at the fluid it had no metal flakes or debrie in it. With the car off it goes into gear just fine,But put it in 3-4 gear it wont move you can hear it go into gear but it wont move. Im thinking its the flywheel and clutch. One because the flywheel has been resurfaced more than 4 times by differnt people and to he has a centerforce twin disk I gave him brand new minus the slave pice. Now what could be the problem ??
Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like another internal transmission porblem. Bent 3-4 shift fork, trashed shaft, etc. Do you know if all of these rebuilds were on the same transmission case?? I had 4 tranny's rebuilt under warranty. Then I took it for another problem and they got me a whole new transmission, and driveshaft. Upon inspection it was found the case was just enough out of spec to cause continuous problems.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

busted 3/4 slider keys