Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

still a little confused...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still a little confused...

so im trying to decide on a new clutch but i still dont know which one.
My car is a daily driver and sees the track 3-4 times a month, but mostly on street tires. I want a clutch that will behave on the street but still hold the power im throwing at it and more. What clutch can be a good daily driver and hold up to 550rwhp?
i am spraying a 100 shot now, but may up it to 150 in the future.
I have been looking at the LS7 clutch but im not sure how much power it will hold.
The RAM HD clutch looks good but i hear its not good for daily driving.
I've heard good and bad things about the SPEC 3, but dont want to find out the hard way.

is there a specific one you would go with with my application?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

ttt....
Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Spec 3+ here and loving it! I would suggest this clutch, but if you have problems out of it then don't complain to me. I think the Spec clutches are a matter of opinion. I mean they have good pedal feel, grab hard, they can be slipped......but some people say they chatter and don't last long. All this is just a matter of opinion. It's hard to get the best of both worlds, unless you spend $1100 on a textralia.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeEnAgE pHeNoM
Spec 3+ here and loving it! I would suggest this clutch, but if you have problems out of it then don't complain to me. I think the Spec clutches are a matter of opinion. I mean they have good pedal feel, grab hard, they can be slipped......but some people say they chatter and don't last long. All this is just a matter of opinion. It's hard to get the best of both worlds, unless you spend $1100 on a textralia.
Ditto what he said. I'm running a Spec 3i and it's working fine. I'd look at the LS7 clutch too, but with your 550 rwhp level, it probably wouldn't survive at the track on sticky tires. That leaves you with much more expensive choices.