Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need a Quick T56 Removal Education

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, after pulling the torque arm up out of the bracket, the bolt was no longer an issue. After some shaking and pulling, the trans finally broke loose and I was able to lower and pull back a bit. Btw, the American forge and foundry trans jack is awesome - perfectly balances the trans. Anyway, I can see what has been said about the Y pipe creating issues with removing the slave. I pushed the trans back, but I still don't have enough clearance in the front of the trans to remove slave and completely lower. Is it just a matter of finding the right spot?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Make sure you have the trans mount removed. I also rotated the transmission itself (turning the shifter mount towards 9 or 3 o'clock from 12) to gain some additional rearward clearance. I wedged the trans against the exhaust/body some as well to finally get the slave off the shaft.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, my goal is to replace my bad slave and hook up the remote bleeder line, so I guess I really don't need to lower it all the way, but I'd like to in the future whenever I need a rebuild. I have a Borla that's been welded, so simply undoing the bolts and dropping could be a challenge. The installuniversity pics clearly have the exhaust intact, so I wonder if they had some particular trick.

Ok, 15 minutes and some liquid wrench and the Y-pipe slid off and tranny is out!

Last edited by MrEddie; 11-27-2006 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Need a Quick T56 Removal Education