Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apple Mac sent you a pm.

Thank you
Old 04-13-2007, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AppleMac
^spammer (trust me you don't want to do business with this guy)
He will do or say anything to make a quick sale.

A crush washer will work fine. That is what all other companies who make a speed bleeder use.

Direct off L.A.P.D's site (one of the largest manufactures of remote bleeders in the after-market T-56 world)

link was removed(non-sponsor)
I just ordered this online. It says it's for a C5.

Will it still work for a F-body? It's about 24" long.

I wonder if you could put a speed bleeder on it?

Last edited by brad8266; 04-13-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dragula
I just ordered this online. It says it's for a C5.

Will it still work for a F-body? It's about 24" long.

I wonder if you could put a speed bleeder on it?
It will work and you can purchase a speed bleeder.

Not sure on the bleeder size but it is probably 3/8"-24
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM

NO, it WILL not work. Theres a reason its for a C5 and not F car but what do I know?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Country Boy
NO, it WILL not work. Theres a reason its for a C5 and not F car but what do I know?
Good point what do you know?

It will work... Not as optimal as a 180* bleeder, but it will work fine.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

AppleMac, Thanks for the input!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dragula
AppleMac, Thanks for the input!
No problem bud. Let us know how the install goes.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

There are people that do that. However a lot of people also do not recommend it.

Talk to Pete at Textralia and he will tell you to bleed it the traditional way.

I have a remote bleeder setup and it was almost too easy to use. The speed bleeder is what really makes it error proof.
Yup, vacuum bleeders are known to cause problems with our hydro systems. manual bleeding FTW!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:23 AM

Its funny, you know what works on an F body, but you dont even have one! Of coarse the 90* fitting will work on youre Vette as that what it requires since the slave bleeder is right at the opening. I HATE wrong information and thats why Im persistant.

Heres a pic of the Vette and F body slaves, tell em how the 90 will work on the F body without kinking the **** out of the line.

F body

Vette

Notice the placement of the slave in relation to the outside of the bellhousing. If someone wants to build their own for a F body, it needs to be straight.

Last edited by brad8266; 04-14-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed product info(non-sponsor)
Old 04-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Good point what do you know?
Tell me about it, Ive only built 3 motors, changed 5 clutches, been through 3 trannies, 2 rears, built a serious N2O, 4 big cam/ head N/A combos and a turbo setup, now I tune on the side since I tuned my 2 bar speed density turbo kit from scratch..... but I know nothing. Thats just all on my car
Old 04-14-2007, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

I snaked mine out the same hole as the slave hydraulic connection.
My slave quick disconnect looks a little different though.

Same trans here.

Changing 5 clutches does not make you an expert bud. That makes you a hobbyist.

Not quite sure how head/cam swaps have anything to do with this thread?
Looks like you are trying to prove that your ePenis is bigger...
Please just leave this thread with your dignity still intact Cow Boy.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 AM

I have no issues with diginity. I just want to see this setup on a F body with the 90* fitting. Its always funny that you resort to name calling. Boy, if you done represent that "typical Corvette attitude". No offence to other Vette owners, of coarse.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

FWIW the 90 degree fitting is not the way to go on the f-body, if you have to snake it through where the disconnect is then you are running a high risk of the braided line getting punctured since its a tight squeeze through that small opening and you will have a lot of metal to metal contact between the line and the opening hole.

Last edited by brad8266; 04-14-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

This thread is reopened at the request of the OP since he says there is a lot of interest in this. Any more linking of products that are being sold by non-sponsors will not be tolerated and the thread will be locked and deleted. If you guys have want to argue about the technical aspect of this part go right ahead. leave out the name calling, insults, and non-sponsor BS.

Last edited by brad8266; 04-15-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brad8266
This thread is reopened at the request of the OP since he says there is a lot of interest in this. Any more linking of products that are being sold by non-sponsors will not be tolerated and the thread will be locked and deleted. If you guys have want to argue about the technical aspect of this part go right ahead. leave out the name calling, insults, and non-sponsor BS.
Thanks Brad!

Last edited by brad8266; 04-15-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by brad8266
FWIW the 90 degree fitting is not the way to go on the f-body, if you have to snake it through where the disconnect is then you are running a high risk of the braided line getting punctured since its a tight squeeze through that small opening and you will have a lot of metal to metal contact between the line and the opening hole.

On a F body there is no room to snake out another line from the quick disconnect hole. That piece takes up the whole opening. That pic is a standard normal slave for a F body. I can post about 4 more if needed.

The Vette setup is different.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

On a F body there is no room to snake out another line from the quick disconnect hole. That piece takes up the whole opening. That pic is a standard normal slave for a F body. I can post about 4 more if needed.

I agree the 90* setup is not ideal for an f-bod. That is why I provided a parts list for a 180* setup.

Problem solved.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah i know that, but in the case that somehow someone can get it through it is a bad ideas. No additional pics needed, I have been in that area of my car a zillion times and I know its tight up there.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM

On the tech side of it, if you use a crush washer, make sure the surface is machined flat with NO irregularities. Cursh washers are made for flat surfaces. Any cast (like a stock slave surface) with irregularities and the crush washer will leak. We use a stock type gasket/ washer for ours so it will conform around any irregularities and its also made to.

Also, brake fluid will break down normal thread sealent, so find so thread sealent that can withstand brake fluid (that was a hard one to find).
Old 04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

On the tech side of it, if you use a crush washer, make sure the surface is machined flat with NO irregularities. Cursh washers are made for flat surfaces. Any cast (like a stock slave surface) with irregularities and the crush washer will leak. We use a stock type gasket/ washer for ours so it will conform around any irregularities and its also made to.

Also, brake fluid will break down normal thread sealent, so find so thread sealent that can withstand brake fluid (that was a hard one to find).

This was the reason I originally provided the L.A.P.D link was to show that they use crush washers and that they work fine. You are blowing this whole needing to be machined WAY out of proportion. We are not building a rocket ship here... Hundreds of members on the site are using crush washers with no problems. In fact you are the first person I have seen that uses a "special" washer. The crush washer will do just what its name is. It will crush and conform to the surface. The slave surface is far from as "bumpy" as you are making it out to be.

Here is an image of a remote bleeder connected to a slave. See the crush washer? Notice how the surface is rather smooth. (Note this picture was taken from L.A.P.D's site)

Normal thread sealant should be fine guys. That is what GM uses. If it is good enough for GM it is good enough for me. They use it on everything from transmissions to brake fittings. I have used it for years with out any problems.

Just did a simple google search and found that Permatex High temp thread sealer will work great. (You can get this at any local auto store.)

It specifically says: resists leakage, vibration loosening, moisture, hydraulic fluids and diesel fuels

I really do not appreciate you trying to discredit this thread as you have been proven wrong several times.

1st you said a crush washer wont work, and I gave you solid proof that it does work and major manufacturers use the crush washer on remote bleeders.

2nd you said you need special thread sealant "which is hard to find", I provided you with info that regular Permatex thread sealant is designed for this application.

Lets keep this on topic..

Ok guys now that, that was cleared up anyone have any questions? Lets get some pictures of your home-made bleeders posted up!

Last edited by brad8266; 04-15-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Remote Clutch Bleeder