Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

whats causing my slave cylinder to break hers a pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whats causing my slave cylinder to break hers a pic

i've broken my slave for the 3'rd time i need to know whats my problem plz any help!!!
Attached Thumbnails whats causing my slave cylinder to break hers a pic-slave2.jpg   whats causing my slave cylinder to break hers a pic-slave1.jpg  

Last edited by hnaskoct; 09-04-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

what clutch is in the car?
Old 09-04-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Billy177
what clutch is in the car?

i have a stock luke clutch
Old 09-04-2007, 04:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you install the tranny and tighten all the bellhousing bolts before connecting the slave line it can dead head the slave and cause it to crack, as that is the weakest part of the casting. With the slave dead headed the fluid has no where to go, was the clutch line very had to install?? I have seen this same thing happen quite often.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
If you install the tranny and tighten all the bellhousing bolts before connecting the slave line it can dead head the slave and cause it to crack, as that is the weakest part of the casting. With the slave dead headed the fluid has no where to go, was the clutch line very had to install?? I have seen this same thing happen quite often.

when i changed it everytime it was hard to plug in the line until i remembered to open the bleeder valve and then just click it in... but everytime it broke i when i was into it with nice speed and the first time the pedal went str8 to the floor when i shift to 2nd and the last time i broke 1 it broke when i shifted to 4 and the pedal just went to the floor and all my fluid leaked out.....and ive read a thread and someone mentioned something about alignment o bellhousing problems!!!! plz help
Old 09-05-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

bump ^^
Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

any help
Old 09-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

How long after you installed it did it fail ? Do you have a picture of the other part that broke . More specifically the inside of the tube ? Did you see any shiny marks on the input shaft from where the shaft looks like it rubbed on the tube ?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thesource
How long after you installed it did it fail ? Do you have a picture of the other part that broke . More specifically the inside of the tube ? Did you see any shiny marks on the input shaft from where the shaft looks like it rubbed on the tube ?

yeah the shaft is shiny but it could have start rubbing ringht after it broke could something out of alignment.. and i only break it when i get down on the car and stab the clutch pedal to shift to a gear.....
Old 09-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

If the input shaft is running out of alignment , it will rub the throw out bearing . How does the tip on the input shaft look ? Are you using a factory bellhousing ? Does it have dowel pins in the block to the bellhousing and dowel pins from the bellhousing to the trans ?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thesource
If the input shaft is running out of alignment , it will rub the throw out bearing . How does the tip on the input shaft look ? Are you using a factory bellhousing ? Does it have dowel pins in the block to the bellhousing and dowel pins from the bellhousing to the trans ?
its all stock thats what someone told me that my clutch could b out of alignment but everything lines up so i dont know!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Its really hard to say for sure without actually looking at the parts and the car itself . All the fingers on the pressure plate pull even when bolted down to the flywheel ?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that looks like something is out of whack. Either clutch alignment, or even the slave not mounting up properly to the trans. Maybe the casting on the trans is off enough to where the slave will not line up right. When you install the slave on the trans does it look centered with the input shaft? How is your pilot bearing/bushing on the engine? You are not over torquing the slave when bolting it to the trans, right?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is The Spacer Behine The Slave Cylinder????....mine Came With A Alignment Tool Of Corse.....but It Also Had A Spacer For The Slave Cylinder..shot In The Dark But That Could Be The Prob....
Old 09-26-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
Is The Spacer Behine The Slave Cylinder????....mine Came With A Alignment Tool Of Corse.....but It Also Had A Spacer For The Slave Cylinder..shot In The Dark But That Could Be The Prob....
no the s,lave didnt come with a spacer
Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

i guess i'll install a new one on my tranny when it comes back and ill just hope for the best

Quick Reply: whats causing my slave cylinder to break hers a pic