Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

what is the lt4 pressure plate bolts torque spec??? pull type

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the lt4 pressure plate bolts torque spec??? pull type

i have searched everywhere and cant fine this. my manual says 22 ft lb for the lt1 but the pressure plate is about a 1/4" away from the flywheel at that ft lb!!! the pressure plate and flywheel is suppose to be hard together right?!?!!?!? this is a valeo clutch kit but i have substituted a mcleod 100 series disk in place of the valeo disk.

Last edited by taylorworld; 11-09-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorworld
i have searched everywhere and cant fine this. my manual says 22 ft lb for the lt1 but the pressure plate is about a 1/4" away from the flywheel at that ft lb!!! the pressure plate and flywheel is suppose to be hard together right?!?!!?!? this is a valeo clutch kit but i have substituted a mcleod 100 series disk in place of the valeo disk.
You must not have the disk centered up properly if you can torque to 22# and the pressure plate does not seat to the flywheel. There is clearly an obstruction of some kind.

Spec is x amount of torque then x degrees using a degree wrench. Most people including myself tighten to 23# and use blue lock-tite. I have done this many times and never have had an issue.

Quick Reply: what is the lt4 pressure plate bolts torque spec??? pull type