Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

few clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default few clutch problems

i had a new clutch/pp from o reilleys in my car its a valeo unit? and stock resurfaced flywheel, it was great car only has bolt ons and it never slipped...i was racing one night missed 3rd and went into 1st and the clutch disk blew up...took it apart and looked it over got a new clutch put it back together and the line for my clutch(steel braided) somehow got a cut in it...i replaced it bled the clutch by pushing in the slave rod several times...and by using a vacume brake bleeding pump with a pointed nipple on it i stuck into the slave resvoir(all the way to the hose at the bottom) and getting a more bubbles out but they never stopped comming and the petal never changed...

ever since this time(about 5k ago) my petal is very easy to push down...and the clutch will disengauge about 35% of the way down of the clutch petals travel...its really annoying although it doesnt slip id just like my clutch to engauge at the bottom of the petals travel...and not be soo easy to push, i have no idea what to do????

also my clutch petal used to squeek loudly when depressing it...i got under there with some wd-40 and sprayed its quieted down a lot but still does it...

and ever since the new clutch the t/o bearing makes noise i think...i can hear a tapping noise and push the petal in and it will stop?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttttt