Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Who Has A Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch?? (12")

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the clutch and everything is ok normal driving cond, but shifting at high rpms, it does not want to shift. I am still trying to figure out what the problem is. I did the drill mod. Other than that so far so good.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I have the clutch and everything is ok normal driving cond, but shifting at high rpms, it does not want to shift. I am still trying to figure out what the problem is. I did the drill mod. Other than that so far so good.
Did you change out your pilot bearing? Stock flywheel? If it is was it resurfaced AND balanced? The first centerforce i put in had the same problem but it was due to me not replacing the pilot bearing and not getting the clutch/flywheel balanced.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
Did you change out your pilot bearing? Stock flywheel? If it is was it resurfaced AND balanced? The first centerforce i put in had the same problem but it was due to me not replacing the pilot bearing and not getting the clutch/flywheel balanced.
Flywheel was resurfaced, New slave, Master, I guess new pilot if everything else was changed. Normal Shifting good, but hard acceleration 5000-6000 rpms it does not want to shift HHHHelp.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Centerforce DF are good clutches, I've installed a couple of them with no complaints. As far as high rpm shifting, thats a known problem to all six speeds. Try an adjustable master cylinder, shim the clutch, and check to make sure when you did the drill mod the the hole was opened up completely. Sometimes the drill bit isn't long enough to clean it out good. If you do all of that and still have problems, you may have some issues with the tranny. I ended having mine rebuilt for high speed shifting.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperC1
Centerforce DF are good clutches, I've installed a couple of them with no complaints. As far as high rpm shifting, thats a known problem to all six speeds. Try an adjustable master cylinder, shim the clutch, and check to make sure when you did the drill mod the the hole was opened up completely. Sometimes the drill bit isn't long enough to clean it out good. If you do all of that and still have problems, you may have some issues with the tranny. I ended having mine rebuilt for high speed shifting.
Thanks, So the stock Master cylinder should hold up well with my set up then. Adj Masters are expensive, but I will check the drill mod again.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Thanks, So the stock Master cylinder should hold up well with my set up then. Adj Masters are expensive, but I will check the drill mod again.
Why dont you spend the $5 and do the custom adj master to your oem one now? I did mine and it took 30 mins to do but I have not put it in yet.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the DF also, no problems.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did like my centerforce...It chattered a bit but it was ok. Now its at 12k miles and slps in 6th gear. And now I have found that centerforce will not sell just the disc and I will have to buy a whole new setup. No way my car is making more than 320rwhp and that clutch is said to handle 500rwhp with SC/Turbo/NO2.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

I know its a old post but I thought I would update everyone, 11.5k miles and my weight system took a crap, see my eariler posts from jan 09 about me worrying about it and now it happened, I am calling centerforce to see if there is anything they can do for me, the clutch still has plenty off beef on it.

Quick Reply: Who Has A Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch?? (12")