Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce Dual Friction Problem, HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008 | 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Default Centerforce Dual Friction Problem, HELP!!

Got my Centerforce Dual Friction (12") installed along with mew slave and master. Clutch drives fine untill you get on it and at 6k rpms the pedal goes soft just like my stock clutch, what the hell could it be. Clutch engages half way off the floor and I bleed the **** out of it a few times.
Old 01-30-2008 | 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

Did you replace the slave and master? How many miles on those if you didn't? Sounds like a hydraulic issue with the slave cylinder bleeding down.

Amber
Old 01-30-2008 | 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Did you replace the slave and master? How many miles on those if you didn't? Sounds like a hydraulic issue with the slave cylinder bleeding down.

Amber
As I wrote in my orig post the hydro's are new from GM
Old 01-30-2008 | 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry didn't see that part. Have you had the trans inspected? It could be a blocker ring issue all along. When the blocker rings wear it will do exactly what you are discribing. Going thru the hydraulics is first what most people do and since yours are new, unless you got a slave that has a defect the blocker rings would be the next thing I can think of.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 01-30-2008 | 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Sorry didn't see that part. Have you had the trans inspected? It could be a blocker ring issue all along. When the blocker rings wear it will do exactly what you are discribing. Going thru the hydraulics is first what most people do and since yours are new, unless you got a slave that has a defect the blocker rings would be the next thing I can think of.

Thanks,
Amber
Blocker rings can make a clutch pedal go soft at high rpm?!?!?
Old 01-30-2008 | 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

or you can do what everyone else does and go witha spec sorry amn i had the same problem with my pedal going soft and then going to the floor but if you just installed it it might need to be bleed i bleed mine then drove it around and the air bubbles just worked there way out but then i got tired of centerforce it had to many problems
Old 01-30-2008 | 07:01 PM
FormerVendor

Not make a pedal soft but make it hard to get in gear at high rpms. You said it is doing the same thing it was before and everything is new. Either you still have the same clutch problem you did or you have something going on elsewhere. Transmissions have nothing to do with soft pedals but will affect high rpm shifts. What I was getting at is that if it is only at the higher rpms, the clutch is fine and the hydraulics work and are new, take a peak at the trans. Unless you have a bad slave like a stated before something else it going on.

Amber
Old 01-30-2008 | 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Yea trans shifts fine but the pedal gets soft at high rpms and will ev. stick.
Old 01-30-2008 | 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Sticking or pedal soft if the trans shifts fine is a hydraulic issue for sure. Try rebleeding it again. It is like a broken record I know. That might help to figure out some of the issues.

Amber

Quick Reply: Centerforce Dual Friction Problem, HELP!!