Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

BigBadBlackSS is wearing off on me... Clutch leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BigBadBlackSS is wearing off on me... Clutch leak

Entire new hydraulics replaced with "updated" OEM about 5,000 miles ago. Been having a problem getting into 1st and planned on flushing this weekend.

However, now realize I have a couple spots in the driveway with what appears to be fluid. So... being that the entire friggen thing is new... what do you think could be the source?

FWIW, I R&R'ed the trans for a rebuild about 500 miles ago and then the car sat for the winter.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

You need to check and see where the fluid is coming from. If it seems to coming from the bellhousing, my guess would be the slave. I did see a MC line come lose one time and the fluid leaked out near the slave. Pedal still moved and everything.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
You need to check and see where the fluid is coming from. If it seems to coming from the bellhousing, my guess would be the slave. I did see a MC line come lose one time and the fluid leaked out near the slave. Pedal still moved and everything.

Yeah.. know I need to get under there and look, but weather is not on my side the next day or so. Was just looking for ideas.... I am really hoping that somehow the line has come loose a bit and I just need to pop it back in.

FWIW though.. I pumped away on it in my driveway and it didn't leak a drip. So afraid it *might* be coming from the bellhouse (ie doesn't leak until it has been sitting for awhile).