Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod RST clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcleod RST clutch?

Well it is finally time to purchase a new clutch. I have done some searching and Mcleod's new RST clutch has caught my eye. I did a search in this section and came across a few posts about some installing the clutch but no one ever posted any after install comments. So if anyone has used this and can give some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

I know their are at least two people running this clutch. Come on guys would really like some input so I don't have to do a clutch twice.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Launching!

well i purchased the clutch on june 2nd at byunspeed i thought i would have it in 2 weeks but i still dont have it yet, so if yo are planning in buying this kit or for anyone else i suggest to order it sooooner rather then later i made that mistake, my new motor is coming in next week and i was planning on installing the clutch when my motor gets heres but it looks like the clutch wont be arriving anytime soon which totally screws me over cuz im tired of waiting anyways i heard good things about the clutch hopes it really pays off and the wait is worth it
Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

did they give you a reason as to the delay. I really hope they are not on any back order.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Launching!

i think they are on back order, when i ordered the clutch i asked them if this will get to me before june 19 and they said yes but i still dont have it yet and i am trying to get hold off byunspeed and they are not available which sucks, i dont even know what i am waiting on lol
Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

I actually just got off the phone with Mcleod and they said they are on a backorder on the pressure plates. The rep I spoke with said by the end of next week they should be coming in but she was kind of implying that they only had enough for the backorders. Hopefully you will get it by the second week of july.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Launching!

yeah i hope so, are you planning on getting one or you still waiting to hear from people till you buy one?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

I am pretty set on getting this one. The only way I won't is if I can come across another twin disk just as cheap. As long as the stock clutch holds out till the backorder is over.

Quick Reply: Mcleod RST clutch?