Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Losing Compression in My Clutch! Why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing Compression in My Clutch! Why?

After I get on the car really hard, the next 2-3 times I push in the clutch it feels like there is no resistance. But within seconds it is back to normal and everythings fine. Why is this happening? What is breaking? Thanks for the help
Old 08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
9 Second Club

Sounds like it time to change your clutch fluid (bleed the system) until new clean fluid comes out. The line for the clutch runs pretty close to the exhaust manifold/ header which sometimes boils the fluid in the line, expectally when your on it making those headers hottttt. Giving you that "soft" clutch for awhile until it cools down.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Search Mc-searcherton.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Sounds like it time to change your clutch fluid (bleed the system) until new clean fluid comes out. The line for the clutch runs pretty close to the exhaust manifold/ header which sometimes boils the fluid in the line, expectally when your on it making those headers hottttt. Giving you that "soft" clutch for awhile until it cools down.
won't the new fluid boil just as easily though? i changed the fluid about 5 months ago
Old 08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

i had the same problem in my car.. i ended up breaking a tranny b/c of it.. was street racing and the 1st pass beat a car by 2 lengths and after that everything got hot and car wouldnt shift at all.. got beat 2 times straight after that and destroyed a tranny.. my problem was that the slave cylinder was junk... could be the same problem for you too.. i have my tranny getting rebuilt right now and when i put it back together im putting a new clutch and slave cylinder and an adjustable master cylinder in it from ram as well... i would recommend you do the same.. if you are going to bang gears you may want to seriously consider putting 1 in it.. trust me.. i broke another tranny b/c i didnt have 1.. good luck with everything and let us know how it turns out..

Quick Reply: Losing Compression in My Clutch! Why?