Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

cant get my shift linkage right wtf!! help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant get my shift linkage right wtf!! help

Ok so i took my transmission apart because reverse was popping out. Found the problem for that, took the rest of the trans apart just to put in new shift fork pads and to see if everything looked ok. Now trying to put it together i cant get the shift linkage right... well i think its right but after i put in the guide bolts i cant get it in 1-4.. whats the deal? I looked over this forum and saw a lot of similiar posts, i have pics any input would be greatly appreciated. Its been a PITB!

-also i have to lift 5-6-R shift rail up almost half an inch to get it aligned .. that normal?

Last edited by 96blackz28; 08-09-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

i was just there a couple days ago doing the same thing... when you put the main case on...make sure the front offset lever is inplace then put the roll pin in before you move the shift rail. I also had to pull my 5-6-R rail up a decent amount to get the right side guide bolt to line up. Other then that... in the top pic it looks like the 1-2 slider needs to come down a tad.

While your in there... i'd recommend changing the keys to billet ones and the 3-4 fork to a steel one. I learned the hard way that the stock stamped keys dont like powershifting and easily break into millions of pieces. LOL
Old 08-10-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the reply.. the problem is once i slide the main case on, put the guide bolts in and put in the offset lever and tap the pin in, i cant get any gears to engage, it only moves up and down a little bit. Im sure you should be able to hit 1-4 with it sitting like that! Anyone care to chime in on this?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump anyone?