Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TEASER THREAD: Tick Performance's Revolutionary NEW Adjustable Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're working on packaging these kits this week. Finishing up instructions, etc - we should be shipping these kits for the Corvettes ASAP.
Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
nice to hear it is working for you.

so would it be safe to say that the f-body master cylinder will be like the McLeod adjustable master cylinder that is currently out? I believe they have a new and improved version out that no longer prematurely fails (seals).
This cylinder is nothing like the McLeod (new or old design), it just performs a similar function, thats all. Our cylinder setup will be much easier to adjust and much, much more reliable.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ETA on the f-body unit?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i want an f body unit my Mcleod SUCKS...it leaks where the roll pin goes in
Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Subscribing.. Looking forward to the F-body unit!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maverick18
ETA on the f-body unit?
Hopefully we'll have something to bolt into a car tomorrow. As long as we have no issues with fitment its possible we'll be ready to start selling in 2-3 weeks.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
nice to hear it is working for you.

so would it be safe to say that the f-body master cylinder will be like the McLeod adjustable master cylinder that is currently out? I believe they have a new and improved version out that no longer prematurely fails (seals).
I'm not sure what the new Mcleod looks like. The Mcleod I'm familiar with was a custom made cylinder which basically bolted back in just like the stocker. Our setup will be using the same cylinder as the vette we just completed. To use it in an f-body, we simply plan to include a custom adapter to position it for the proper angle due to the odd shape of the firewall. The cylinder will be bolted to the adapter, and the adapter will bolt to the original holes in the firewall.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will the line be held in place with a roll pin like stock and McLeod? And are you selling it with a new line?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viper
Will the line be held in place with a roll pin like stock and McLeod? And are you selling it with a new line?
No roll pin, it will be connected with a -4 fitting. No more worrying about the drill mod. For the f-body, we may either send out the necessary hose end so the buyer can modify his own line, or we may just offer it with a completely new line.

For the vette, there will be a new line included since the original line is a hard metal line where it couples to the original master.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
No roll pin, it will be connected with a -4 fitting. No more worrying about the drill mod. For the f-body, we may either send out the necessary hose end so the buyer can modify his own line, or we may just offer it with a completely new line.

For the vette, there will be a new line included since the original line is a hard metal line where it couples to the original master.
Unless its really easy to modify the orginial line I think I would prefer a new one since it should be included if pricing is going to be close to a Mcleod which imo is a lot but I am kind of backed into a corner with the MC thing since I have a textralia and I need an adjustable master for this clutch to work properly
Old 08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SuperSport4life
Unless its really easy to modify the orginial line I think I would prefer a new one since it should be included if pricing is going to be close to a Mcleod which imo is a lot but I am kind of backed into a corner with the MC thing since I have a textralia and I need an adjustable master for this clutch to work properly
I agree with that and I feel that it may be best to just include the line. That way we eliminate the possibility of leak if the fitting isn't installed correctly and it will just be less headache for the installer to deal with.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Joey, shoot me a pm when the f body system is ready to go and u have some pricing info, very interested.
-cris
Old 08-19-2008, 08:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by red_ryderSS
Joey, shoot me a pm when the f body system is ready to go and u have some pricing info, very interested.
-cris
Will do buddy.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is sounding better and better... Will the line come with a quick disconnect fitting so that it will plug right into the trans? I like the -an fitting on the master cylinder end. Good call.

So...what about strength of the cylinder. Right now, Im having an issue that my master cylinder is bottoming out on the interal stop before hitting anything else. Im working on buildnig an external stop for the pedal, but Im always worked about shifting hard and busting the plastic cylinder body.

Will this new one take some abuse do you think? Not saying an external stop isnt needed...but knowing that the push rod isnt going to go through the bottom of the unit will be good. haha

J.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

FWIW, my '02 Z06 is at Williams Performance getting the newer supercharger bracket installed. But the front end got hit while it was there and they are having the bumper repainted. Don't know how far you are from there, but it is just sitting there if you need another test car. It has a 3 month old Spec 3+ and 551rwhp. PM me if you need some more test data!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Put me down as interested in this product.

My Z06 has a Tex clutch, and also does the shift lockout. I really notice it while running ET Streets. Just replaced the fluid with DOT5 and bled. The pedal travels and engages perfectly. After a good launch, I can't get 2nd gear without completely getting off the throttle. I was thinking I needed a twin disc clutch.

I notice others running different clutches, that have the same lockout problem. Is there something about the Tex clutch that makes it more likely to have this problem?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
This is sounding better and better... Will the line come with a quick disconnect fitting so that it will plug right into the trans? I like the -an fitting on the master cylinder end. Good call.

So...what about strength of the cylinder. Right now, Im having an issue that my master cylinder is bottoming out on the interal stop before hitting anything else. Im working on buildnig an external stop for the pedal, but Im always worked about shifting hard and busting the plastic cylinder body.

Will this new one take some abuse do you think? Not saying an external stop isnt needed...but knowing that the push rod isnt going to go through the bottom of the unit will be good. haha

J.
Yes, it will plug right up to the existing slave cylinders connection. As for the stregnth, that is yet to really be tested in the street environment however if it will work for Nascar I think it will work in our cars.

You should never have to worry about bottoming it out on the internal stop for two reasons. The larger bore will push more fluid to allow the pedal to actually be adjusted lower while still flowing more fluid, and the new cylinder has slightly more stroke than the factory unit anyway. The body is made of aluminum, not plastic.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by WADDISME
FWIW, my '02 Z06 is at Williams Performance getting the newer supercharger bracket installed. But the front end got hit while it was there and they are having the bumper repainted. Don't know how far you are from there, but it is just sitting there if you need another test car. It has a 3 month old Spec 3+ and 551rwhp. PM me if you need some more test data!
Give me a call, 704-660-5843. I'm actually looking for a running f-body to install our prototype in right now. We've got a rough conversion bracket worked up and currently its bolted in my TA to check for fittment.

We're about a 1/2 mile from Williams, right next to the dragstrip.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Put me down as interested in this product.

My Z06 has a Tex clutch, and also does the shift lockout. I really notice it while running ET Streets. Just replaced the fluid with DOT5 and bled. The pedal travels and engages perfectly. After a good launch, I can't get 2nd gear without completely getting off the throttle. I was thinking I needed a twin disc clutch.

I notice others running different clutches, that have the same lockout problem. Is there something about the Tex clutch that makes it more likely to have this problem?
For the most part, the problems we have experience are with the Tex clutch. The Tex is an awesome clutch when it comes to holding, but occasionally we have release problems...even with Rams adjustable master.

We're installing one in Alvin's vette right now to see how it works with an LS6 clutch. He's having difficulty shifting at high rpms as well at the track.

Heres a couple of teaser pics. The first is the cylinder bolted up to the vettes clutch pedal assembly. The second pic is the cylinder bolted into an f-body without an engine.

The line isn't show in the pics, but will be included with both kits. The factory resevoir and hose will be re-used with both kits also.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Eagerly anticipating this one...

What options will we have if we need to rebuild this unit? Are those easy to come by? I would prefer that this be the last master cylinder I'll ever need to buy.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Rebuild kits are available for around $30. We're located in a Motorsports Park surrounded by all levels of race teams as well as parts suppliers and fabrications shops. After consulting with a few teams, shops, and etc we determined a cylinder that would meet our needs and have engineered a kit to make it work in our cars. If theres ever a problem with the cylinder sometime down the road and you would rather replace the cylinder rather than rebuild it we would gladly sell the cylinder seperately for about 1/3 of the price for the complete kit.

Pricing will be in the neighborhood of $300.

Quick Reply: TEASER THREAD: Tick Performance's Revolutionary NEW Adjustable Master Cylinder