Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Who actually LIKES Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008 | 03:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Southside is nowhere near as rough as it used to be, I lived in Hyde Park in the 80's and recall it well.

Westside is still rough.
Old 10-21-2008 | 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

I was just over at Ogden and Pulaski, that's kinda rough too.
Old 10-21-2008 | 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

We have 3 seasons in chicago.

Winter
Still Winter
Construction Season
Old 10-21-2008 | 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think hyde park looks pretty decent ! lots of college students and small businesses. I agree the westside is by far the worst. Just don't go over there in the wrong car or on foot and ur ok...and thats no joke !
Old 10-21-2008 | 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
We have 3 seasons in chicago.

Winter
Still Winter
Construction Season
I remember last winter it was so bad me and my buddy got stuck in the snow at a mcdonalds drive thru. One of the workers had to come help dig us out..and what made it even worst I burned all the treading off the tires, I lost my phone in the snow, our food got cold and my favorite I got stuck in the snow again when i got by my house !
Old 10-21-2008 | 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for Canada sucking.
Old 10-21-2008 | 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Apoxi
You are out of your mind, McCs....either that, or you have no idea about the politics/corruption.
of course i understand the idea of politics/corruption.. it doesnt matter, go to any big city and u'll have the same bullshit
Old 10-24-2008 | 08:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
I remember last winter it was so bad me and my buddy got stuck in the snow at a mcdonalds drive thru. One of the workers had to come help dig us out..and what made it even worst I burned all the treading off the tires, I lost my phone in the snow, our food got cold and my favorite I got stuck in the snow again when i got by my house !
What was your F-Bod doing out in the winter?!?..in a CHICAGO winter?!?
Originally Posted by McCs WS6
of course i understand the idea of politics/corruption.. it doesnt matter, go to any big city and u'll have the same bullshit
It hits you harder in different places though.
Old 10-25-2008 | 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i grew up in cicero and still live there to this day, all the bullshit i have seen, from a drug/***** house across the street, to gang bangers shooting down the alley, no matter where you go there will be crime to a point
the city or brubs have changed allot of corse, since mayor dailey close the projects guess where all the moon crickets are goin??? berwyn and cicero, berwyn crime has gone up cicero crime is even higher, but the new mayor of cicero has been craking down i will give him that cops patrol the alleys, on foot, in the summer
kicking out families that are illlegal, kicking out gangbangers, but its not that bad where i live, it cold be worse
i love goin downtown!, my daughter loves it the lake, the museums, the mag mile, i hate sports so we dont do that, the food some of the best i have eaten, any old timers like my self remember "jew town" c`mon some of the best food came from that spot
the car shows, wanna get away go to the city, i love chicago!!
i hate the weather here, sometimes there is no happy medium,, it goes from hot to cold thats it, sweet home chicago!!!!

Quick Reply: Who actually LIKES Chicago?