Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Holy shit I'm M***erfu**ing #14. IBEW 134

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha sorry macho men. When I was 15 I worked in a warehouse and lugged around 50-100lb bags all the time, its all what your used to. Just happen to not have worked out in awhile so **** off tough guys.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
Haha sorry macho men. When I was 15 I worked in a warehouse and lugged around 50-100lb bags all the time, its all what your used to. Just happen to not have worked out in awhile so **** off tough guys.

settle down killer, everyone is just talkin bout there own jobs here. Id be jelious is i was a steel guy or a brickie workin outside right now. Bet they ALL wanna be electricians right about now, lol.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by pro2low
use the skip.
skips usually only go to floors that are poured already
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

better get to the gym then!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and your a bitch.
haha i'm not the one bitching that i can't carry a little piece of pipe.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got you Lil Bitches BEAT!

This is my lil story on my resume,
I was 18 years old working at StatesVille Maximum security Prison back in 1994. The officers were starting to call me 0 and 3, cause I lost my first 3 fights but that was it cause I learned how to "jail" as they use to say. I never lost another fight, I learned that in jail there are no fair fights. Grab what you can and take care of business if neccesary. For 3 years I witnessed all kinds of violence, from officers fighting inmates to inmates beating each other, like shanking a guy 15x's, getting shanked in the femoral artery and watching him bleeding to death, or opening up a shower door and having 26 Gangster Disciples standing over another Banger with his Large intestines hanging out of his *******! after being gang raped then having to fight them off just to keep them contained inside the crime scene! at the age of 19. We were fighting every other damn day!
Then I got hired by the sheriffs Dept and well I can't talk about that **** here, but all I can say is that it was been 12 non boring *** years there. 15 years all together.

One thing is true, it doesn't matter where we work as long as WE have JOBS. We are lucky to even have these JOBS right now and support this BAD habit we ALL have of spending money on our cars!

Who agrees?

Who
Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DriveATransAm
ok wow....are you an electrician? do you do work in highrises? i hope not after that coment......how do you expect to lay pipe in the floor if the concrete is poured?

sorry dude but i do have experience. im not a total idiot.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
master of the "jack"stand

ok wow....are you an electrician? do you do work in highrises? i hope not after that coment......how do you expect to lay pipe in the floor if the concrete is poured?

And thanks for the text Roy. I'm feeling much better now.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

all your life, congrats for you. quit crying about carrying pipe (my shoulders hurt, boohoo) and people won't make fun of you What are you going to do when you can't use your "pipe cart" because you are spreading a master bundle out on a deck 3 floors up where the elevator can't get to?

use the skip.

apparently you are if you cant comprehend what i just said. i mean even a weatherman understood it lol. let me make it simpler- if the floors aren't poured yet, then how will you take your skip up and bring the pipe up? um, you cant. it's called stairs.

maybe you should sit back and realize that now that you are an apprentice it doesn't mean you have a 9" ****. Am i an electrician? Um, yea, I guess you could say that. Seeing as how I already said I was a 134 member in this post and seeing how im a foreman i think i am "experienced" as well. i love getting know-it-all ****** like you on the jobsite. how old are you, like 16?

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman

And thanks for the text Roy. I'm feeling much better now.
good to hear andy. wasnt sure if you still had the same number.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit

settle down killer, everyone is just talkin bout there own jobs here. Id be jelious is i was a steel guy or a brickie workin outside right now. Bet they ALL wanna be electricians right about now, lol.
haha I wasn't sayin it in hostility, just tryin to tell people whats up.

Originally Posted by litle88
I got you Lil Bitches BEAT!

This is my lil story on my resume,
I was 18 years old working at StatesVille Maximum security Prison back in 1994. The officers were starting to call me 0 and 3, cause I lost my first 3 fights but that was it cause I learned how to "jail" as they use to say. I never lost another fight, I learned that in jail there are no fair fights. Grab what you can and take care of business if neccesary. For 3 years I witnessed all kinds of violence, from officers fighting inmates to inmates beating each other, like shanking a guy 15x's, getting shanked in the femoral artery and watching him bleeding to death, or opening up a shower door and having 26 Gangster Disciples standing over another Banger with his Large intestines hanging out of his *******! after being gang raped then having to fight them off just to keep them contained inside the crime scene! at the age of 19. We were fighting every other damn day!
Then I got hired by the sheriffs Dept and well I can't talk about that **** here, but all I can say is that it was been 12 non boring *** years there. 15 years all together.

One thing is true, it doesn't matter where we work as long as WE have JOBS. We are lucky to even have these JOBS right now and support this BAD habit we ALL have of spending money on our cars!

Who agrees?

Who
Sounds rough Zeke, how you land a job like that at 18?

better get to the gym then!
haha yeah plan on it. Just been lazy lately

Originally Posted by s346k
haha i'm not the one bitching that i can't carry a little piece of pipe.
Didn't say I COULDN'T, just said it sucked.

apparently you are if you cant comprehend what i just said. i mean even a weatherman understood it lol. let me make it simpler- if the floors aren't poured yet, then how will you take your skip up and bring the pipe up? um, you cant. it's called stairs.

maybe you should sit back and realize that now that you are an apprentice it doesn't mean you have a 9" ****. Am i an electrician? Um, yea, I guess you could say that. Seeing as how I already said I was a 134 member in this post and seeing how im a foreman i think i am "experienced" as well. i love getting know-it-all ****** like you on the jobsite. how old are you, like 16?
Good to know there are other 134 guys on here, I was IBEW 21 before and generally liked the union even though 21 is on the weak side. Where are you a foreman.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Junkie

haha I wasn't sayin it in hostility, just tryin to tell people whats up.

Sounds rough Zeke, how you land a job like that at 18?

haha yeah plan on it. Just been lazy lately

Didn't say I COULDN'T, just said it sucked.

Good to know there are other 134 guys on here, I was IBEW 21 before and generally liked the union even though 21 is on the weak side. Where are you a foreman.
@ Belec. Times are extremely rough for us though. My boss has never been this slow in the 20 years hes been in business. Not only us either though, usually we are the ones that have work. We are cutting hours to keep everyone working now and already laid off 4 workers. The job I'm on now is coming to an end towards the end of the year, not sure after that.

If people can't buy cars, they surely arent buying any type of property which ***** a whole ton of people up. What can you do though, just cross your fingers and hope the economy comes back eventually.

If you were a IBEW 21 member before, how come you needed to go through the apprentice program? Couldn't you just be a traveler over to 134 and take your credentials test?
Old 12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the job i was at for a little bit the skip went to the floors that werent poured thats how i got the gangboxes and smart bender onto it.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

@ Belec. Times are extremely rough for us though. My boss has never been this slow in the 20 years hes been in business. Not only us either though, usually we are the ones that have work. We are cutting hours to keep everyone working now and already laid off 4 workers. The job I'm on now is coming to an end towards the end of the year, not sure after that.

If people can't buy cars, they surely arent buying any type of property which ***** a whole ton of people up. What can you do though, just cross your fingers and hope the economy comes back eventually.

If you were a IBEW 21 member before, how come you needed to go through the apprentice program? Couldn't you just be a traveler over to 134 and take your credentials test?
No its a totally different union. I was a lineman/splicer for AT&T. It was all data/telecommunications. We don't know too much compared to an A-Card electrician, just the basics since we only worked with 48v-110v.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they even make 134 R or C card guys go through the school....theres a jw c card guy that works for the same company as me in your class.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they even make 134 R or C card guys go through the school....theres a jw c card guy that works for the same company as me in your class.
Yeah I know. I think for them the apprenticeship is a little bit different though.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

the job i was at for a little bit the skip went to the floors that werent poured thats how i got the gangboxes and smart bender onto it.
musta been nice. most of the ones ive been on stop a few floors short. and the 5 stories dont even have a skip.

No its a totally different union. I was a lineman/splicer for AT&T. It was all data/telecommunications. We don't know too much compared to an A-Card electrician, just the basics since we only worked with 48v-110v.
Ah, thought you were an A card already. A cards can swap between locals. I looked into moving to Cali and they said no problem if my credentials were up to date in Chicago, just take a test there and I would be fine.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Launching!

IBEW 180 CA STATE CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN HERE.....for the last 18 years i have been an electrician.I LOVE MY JOB...PERIOD
Watching all the bs in this thread cracks me up.Its not about who knows what cause the know it alls DONT KNOW ****....THAT IS FACT...I have been a foreman,right now GF,it dont mean i know **** except how to do what i do well.There are many ways to get stuff to different parts of jobsites even if there are no poured floors.
Quit the bitchen at each other and act like the BROTHERHOOD ITS SUPPOSED TO BE AND GIVE THE NEW APPRENTICES GUIDANCE.That is what a true JOURNEYMAN DOES HE TEACHES THE NEW APPRENTICES HOW TO DO IT RIGHT AND QUICK..

and schultz congrats man you will love it
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Do they even have buildings that are taller than 2 stories in CA :p

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know **** I do know how to run a job though which a lot of people can't do. If someone comes to me with a question or needing help, I will gladly help them. It's the ones that think they are know-it-alls that will get treated like one from me. Besides, the new guy always gets **** until there is another new guy.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Do they even have buildings that are taller than 2 stories in CA :p

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know **** I do know how to run a job though which a lot of people can't do. If someone comes to me with a question or needing help, I will gladly help them. It's the ones that think they are know-it-alls that will get treated like one from me. Besides, the new guy always gets **** until there is another new guy.
I agree know it alls are jackasses ,but i also treat everyone like a man first.I also wouldnt ask anyone to do anything i wouldnt do.I have the respect of everyone that has worked for me and those that run the company from the way i run jobs.Once i figure i know it all is the day to call it quits,cause in our trade **** changes so fast and much that you find out that everyday you dont know ****.the know it alls are the ones that find themselves wondering why they are in an ambulance going to a hospital.....I usually tell them cause they were to stupid for god to want so he just tried to wake em up.They usually dont know **** from then on,and want to learn.LOL.....
and yes we have plenty of 20-30 + story highrises here.lol smartass
Old 12-18-2008, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

lol... got laid off today. I took an in-shop. over 55 Apprentices on the books right now in 176.

Quick Reply: Holy shit I'm M***erfu**ing #14. IBEW 134