Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

2009 Tint Law

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can still get your ticket waived if you show pics of removal right??
Old 02-02-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe if they are having a good day^^ Got a states attorney to drop mine. He just asked if i removed it, then dropped it
Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the third day after i bought my car some yahoo busted out the passenger glass in a downtown parking garage, and the place that put a new window in flat out refused to replace the tint. they even went as far as to remove it from the other side... so i dont get tint tickets.

but last summer i got a ticket in the mail for no front plate.

in the mail...

i can understand getting pulled over and then getting ticketed, or getting pulled over for not having a front plate and ticketed for other stuff, but to just get a ticket in the mail for no front plate is just plain and simple b.s.

i actually drove to the location listed on the ticket, and for those who know the area it was on lawrence ave directly at the red line el stop. it's a fairly ghetto area with crime and suspicious people all over the place, and whatever cop it was who took the time to write down my tag and do the paperwork should have been better using his time on more important stuff imo.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Should have sent them a pic of the $ you owe for the ticket That is BS
Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

im getting my **** tinted to %35 i think, on a white car tint sticks out more, getting them sometime next week.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UHATEME
This seems to be getting discussed everywhere now a days. Im fully tinted out on my CTS, 15% all around and 35% on the windsheild. I also have the "tint" license plates so cops cant really mess with me. Its always been illegal in Illinois to have tint on driver or passenger window no matter how dark, if you are going to tint it, might as well go all out cuz you will eventually get pulled over.
Heres the link to the tinted plates http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/de...d_windows.html
How dark my car is:
I agree But I would like to know how you get away with it on the windshield? Pm me if you would like. I also have the black and white WT plates and sit 100% legal by law and still get harassed almost on a daily basis.

Quick Reply: 2009 Tint Law