Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Why was negative feedback removed for Nickate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why was negative feedback removed for Nickate?

This happened about a month ago. Nickate and I agreed to a deal on the phone and on the internet about his z28. I reiterated to him that I was paying with a loan check from my bank. He talks to my loan officer at my bank, just to make sure everything is legit an set up. (He sent a copy of the title, bill of sale, etc to my bank because I need all that to get the loan) We agreed on a time and a place to meet up for the deal. So my dad and I hit the road early, about 7:00 AM. We get a call at about 7:45 AM from Nickate just to make sure we're on the road. We tell him yes sir, we left about 30 mintues ago, we'll be there as scheduled. NOW, an hour and a half further, we get another call from Nickate. This time he tells us he can't get a hold of our bank and we're not going to pull a fast one on him. He has my name, address, phone number, bank, etc, etc, etc. He tells us, you better turn around now, you're not getting the car. Why have us drive this far if you were scared of a fake check!! We already told you that there are NO loan officers at the bank on a Saturday, yet you still have us drive THIS FAR. Well, my Dad got angry and says are you going to sell the car to us of not? He says no, you may as well turn around your not going to rip me off. Then my dad says, we should come down there and kick your ***, why would you tell us this now! My dad hangs up the phone and we turn back around to head back home. 5 minutes into our trip back we get a call from Nickate with his wife on the other line. He says "do I need to call the police" We say, get real, were going back home, this is complete bullshit. Then his wife goes on a little tangent. "You can't talk to someone like that, you are a scammer." We explain to his wife how far we drove then hung up. NOW, 10 minutes down the road we get a call from a police officer. He asks me if my dad and I are going to Nickate's house to beat him up. He cop said that Nickate is "SCARED FOR HIS LIFE." Get real...We reiterate to the cop that we are 20 mintutes into our trip back home, we're not going to waste our time on this guy. He's not worth it.

I guess this is what i'm trying to get at. I left him a negative feedback right when I got back. I now look and the negative feedback is gone? Give me a break..why was it removed? People should know what happened because he could do it to someone again. What a waste of gas and time, not to mention get my hopes up about a new car.

What is the reasoning behind the retraction? Does a mod know him and "he's a nice guy"..Get real. He ripped me off and that is unacceptable even if you know the guy..

I left him another negative feedback, because he deserves it, not because i'm upset that I didn't get the car. I have since bought a car but it still pisses me off to think back to that day. 150 Miles, then I hear that he won't accept my NOTERIZED check.

-packersz28camaro
Old 02-15-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

ALSO, later that night. I man up and apologize for the threat to beat him up. My dad and I were in the heat of the moment. Do we ever get an apology from him? Hell no, "You're a stand up guy Eric" Thanks Nickate
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
ALSO, later that night. I man up and apologize for the threat to beat him up. My dad and I were in the heat of the moment. Do we ever get an apology from him? Hell no, "You're a stand up guy Eric" Thanks Nickate
True.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

I left him another negative feedback, because he deserves it
that ones already been deleted to. He must have friends on here. Sorry to hear it didnt work out for you all.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm gonna agree that that deserves negative feedback.

Some people are over paranoid about being scammed. If he has already talked to the bank, sent them info, all that junk... how does he expect the bank to be at full operation on a Saturday? I mean really, you can call the bank and verify the check is real, who needs to speak to a loan officer AGAIN?

Bullshit on nickate's part. AND for being a lil girl and calling the cops at a threat that is obviously not really genuine when someone is from a distance away.

BUT if I was already more than half way there I probably woulda been a lil more understanding of a buyer and gone to check out the car at least if he wasnt gonna sell it to me.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow

Subscribing to hear what happened. Its BS if they fixed his feedback.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, his wife got on the phone, hahahahaha
Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
that ones already been deleted to. He must have friends on here. Sorry to hear it didnt work out for you all.
Yea, I guess because there was really never a transaction, feedback isn't warranted. I don't agree with it but what can you do..

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
I'm gonna agree that that deserves negative feedback.

Some people are over paranoid about being scammed. If he has already talked to the bank, sent them info, all that junk... how does he expect the bank to be at full operation on a Saturday? I mean really, you can call the bank and verify the check is real, who needs to speak to a loan officer AGAIN?

Bullshit on nickate's part. AND for being a lil girl and calling the cops at a threat that is obviously not really genuine when someone is from a distance away.

BUT if I was already more than half way there I probably woulda been a lil more understanding of a buyer and gone to check out the car at least if he wasnt gonna sell it to me.
This is the thing. I think he just wanted to verify the check, but he wanted to do it before we got there..Why couldn't he verify it when we get to his house? He called my bank at 8:50 am and said he doesn't know what were trying to pull on him, no one is picking up at the bank. (My Dad told him MULTIPLE times, the bank opens at 9:00 AM, you can verify it when we get to your house. "No, you may as well turn around now, your not going to pull one on me." The reason I didn't give him the check number before we got there is because I didn't know what he could do with the number..whether he could cash it or what not. But if i'm right next to him as he's verifying it there's no problem. He asked for the check number on at least 4 occasions on the phone when we were in Green Bay and I told him everything but the check numbers.

From a guy being so paranoid, the guy I eventually bought my new car from was completely the opposite. The car I ended up buying had a lien on it. I actually paid $350 cash and took possession of the car. He trusted me to pay off the remainder of the lien the following Monday because his wife had to work on weekdays. I think I'm a pretty trustworthy guy, but I obviously didn't come off that was to Nickate.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
lol, his wife got on the phone, hahahahaha
yea...three way call with Nickate and his wife telling us that we can't talk to people like that (The only bad thing we said is that we should come down there and kick your ***) Oh yea, and called my Dad and I scammers.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I woulda given him the check number. I would be a lil weird about someone not giving me the check number too.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the point if the seller already said he wasnt going to sell the car to them. why waste even more time driving another who knows how many miles to look at a car you couldnt buy?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

As I said in your other thread and via PM:

PER THE FORUM RULES: #6. ...The seller can refuse a sale to anyone for any reason, it is their vehicle to sell.

If you do not like the forum rules then do not sell or buy through this site.

And for the record (again) I am not friends with nickate in any way. Period. Your feedback was removed because you did not buy or sell anything, no other reason. So that bullshit can stop right now.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
As I said in your other thread and via PM:

PER THE FORUM RULES: #6. ...The seller can refuse a sale to anyone for any reason, it is their vehicle to sell.

If you do not like the forum rules then do not sell or buy through this site.

And for the record (again) I am not friends with nickate in any way. Period. Your feedback was removed because you did not buy or sell anything, no other reason. So that bullshit can stop right now.
For the last time!! I never said you were friends with him! I said, "I don't know if a mod knows him or not" Never mentioned your name..
Old 02-16-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9sec93
whats the point if the seller already said he wasnt going to sell the car to them. why waste even more time driving another who knows how many miles to look at a car you couldnt buy?
Exactly! He clearly wasn't selling the car to us by his demeanor on the phone and that's why we got so angry. Your correct, it would have been a complete waste.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I woulda given him the check number. I would be a lil weird about someone not giving me the check number too.
As I look back, and after I did research I found that there isn't anything they can do with the check number. I was never in this situation before (everyone has trusted me) so I didn't know if I was risking the money by giving the check number out. That's why I wanted to play it safe and have it verified when we're all at his house! But he didn't want to do that, he wanted it before I got there.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:30 PM
8 Second Club

i just dont understand why he didnt wait and call the bank when you got there. it seems he had nothing to lose since you were making the trip ya know. ahh well. it is what it is and all that really matters is that you found a car that you are happy with now.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
8 Second Club

Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9sec93
I followed my advice and I will "be nice"....
Old 02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickate
This is getting good...

I will state for the subscribers and MODS....

As I stated clearly in my ad as well as over the phone (over and over) to Eric...

I NEED TO VERIFY THE CHECK OVER THE PHONE WITH THE Credit Union BEFORE THE CAR LEAVES MY DRIVEWAY. PERIOD.

Eric--- the "bank" you so many times refer to is NOT a "Bank" but a CREDIT UNION. (Please call them to confirm).

I have a family to consider when making any transaction and ANY THREAT made to me will be taken seriously. (You have admitted to threatening me publicly in another thread...

PACKERSz28Camaro
Teching In
My Garage

Trader Rating: 7

ALSO, later that night. I man up and apologize for the threat to beat him up. My dad and I were in the heat of the moment. Do we ever get an apology from him? Hell no, "You're a stand up guy Eric" Thanks Nic

This is very easy to see where this was going....
1. All calls from him were either BLOCKED or PRIVATE
1 1/2. NO claimed "BILL OF SALE" was EVER ISSUED BY ME (I'm not crazy)
2. Would ABSOLUTELY NOT divulge check information
3. Threatened my person.

These things and now all this rukus about it still so much later?????
(He's got threads going all over this site)

ERIC....
I DO have an OPEN complaint with the MCHENRY COUNTY IL SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT and your public admission to threatening me (See above) is grounds to continue with it.

I have copied EVERY POST you have put up (AS WELL AS YOUR APOLOGY AND REQUEST TO CONTINUE THE SALE PM's)

This JUST MIGHT constitute harassment.

MODS....Please lock this thread and ALL OTHERS (Search his posts) pertaining to these rants.
:l ock:

WE WERE NOT TO MAKE A DEAL and I am now SOOOOO happy we didn't.

To anyone else dealing here....

BE SURE YOUR FUNDS ARE CONFIRMED AND "be NICE"
So what, my parents have a private phone listing???? My dads cell and my cell were not private only my parents HOME number.

How is sending a bill of sale to my "Credit union" (sorry) crazy..?

I'm not going to give you the check information when i'm 200 miles away..what good is that going to do on a friday night??? Why didn't we just meet on a weekday? HMM..

Why should these posts be deleted?

You can't possibly be serious..Harassment. I'm just letting people know what happened to me. This is a LS1 FORUM, we all have the same interests and i'm watching out for people that could run into trouble down the road from you, as well as anyone. I would expect someone to do the same for me..It's been made clear that I can't leave feedback for you, which I understand, but it's not against forum rules to warn people of you in the feedback forum.

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 02-16-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
So what, my parents have a private phone listing???? My dads cellDAD=PRIVATE and my cell were not private only my parents HOME number.

How is sending a bill of sale to my "Credit union" (sorry) crazy..? I NEVER SOLD YOU ANYTHING.

I'm not going to give you the check information when i'm 200 miles away..what good is that going to do on a friday night??? Why didn't we just meet on a weekday? Why did you insist a saturday? HMM..HMMMMMM.... yourself. YOU HAD TO have it before you went back to school on Monday.

Why should these posts be deleted? It is not constructive...

You can't possibly be serious..Harassment.SERIOUS AS TAX FRAUD I'm just letting people know what happened to me. This is a LS1 FORUM, we all have the same interests and i'm watching out for people that could run into trouble down the road from you, as well as anyone. I would expect someone to do the same for me..It's been made clear that I can't leave feedback for you, which I understand, but it's not against forum rules to warn people of you in the feedback forum.
I've had my say now and I will oblige your request.

Quick Reply: Why was negative feedback removed for Nickate?