Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Cruise April 18th

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvaught
What are the specs on youtr tr230? I actually have collected everything for the cam swap except for the cam and gasket kit. I would love to be able to meet up with you guys for a weekedn or so and everyone lend a hand in putting in my cam. I was just going to pay someone to do it but I don't have the money and I would rather learn how to do it. I appreciate the help!
Originally Posted by spray_goat
230/224 575 563 ona 111 yea i wouldnt have a problem helpin you out and i have all the special tools the swap requires too. Moddin your own car is the way to go this way u can save that money for a tune
i dont know how to do a cam swap but i would meet up and lend a hand where i can, itd be a good learning experience for me too. i am gonna have to tackle that eventually.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Teching In

yea its not near as hard as it may seem and the end product is so rewarding...
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to update everyone on what is going to happen as far as the cruise on April 18th.

We are going to keep the cruise local this time around as to get to know the people in the area a little bit better. We also didn't want to put anyone in a financial bind by feeling obligated to travel a farther distance and then getting dinner. Having said that, I do want to thank the IU and Indianapolis crowds for showing a lot of interest in getting together. You are all more than welcome to join us on the 18th, but its very understandable if you do not. We will try and plan a cruise down to Indy soon to make that happen, but again, we thought it would be a good idea to get to know the cars and people in the area before we did that.

Here are the plans for April 18th:

Meet at North Lot of Ross Ade Stadium at 2:00 PM.

Go on highway cruise that Nate (nhedrick007) will tell us about.

Do a cook out in Lafayette in Columbia Park (Nate is providing the food, but if you could donate $ to help him out, it would be really appreciated).

If the weather is nice, do some more driving and having a good time.

I hope everyone is excited for this. It will be nice to get to see some old faces again and meet some new ones.

Oh, and Go Boilers!

Ed
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Teching In

What were thinking on the route would be to head north from campus to 65, and head south. This will give us about an hour or so on the interstate total. Then when we get back to lafayette, I figured we would make a lap or two around 38, 52 area, depending on how long it takes to get around town. Go grill out... Hot dogs and hamburgerlars..... Then maybe go back out for some evening/night cruising..... If we get enough guys together in the evening maybe we'll go meet the B.K. crowd. The first leg of the trip will probably be 1/2 tank or less of fuel, then dinner on...???
Lets start to try and get a rough tally of people.

Throw up a post if your coming, and how many will be riding along for dinner?

This should be a LOT of fun. Everyone bring camera's... I was thinking we might try and get a good shot of everyone's cars, and maybe a little video on the drive.

Nate
Old 03-26-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to update everyone on what is going to happen as far as the cruise on April 18th.

We are going to keep the cruise local this time around as to get to know the people in the area a little bit better. We also didn't want to put anyone in a financial bind by feeling obligated to travel a farther distance and then getting dinner. Having said that, I do want to thank the IU and Indianapolis crowds for showing a lot of interest in getting together. You are all more than welcome to join us on the 18th, but its very understandable if you do not. We will try and plan a cruise down to Indy soon to make that happen, but again, we thought it would be a good idea to get to know the cars and people in the area before we did that.

Do a cook out in Lafayette in Columbia Park (Nate is providing the food, but if you could donate $ to help him out, it would be really appreciated).

I hope everyone is excited for this. It will be nice to get to see some old faces again and meet some new ones.

Oh, and Go Boilers!

Ed
Thats cool guys, let us know in the future if you want to get something going in Indy sometime. By the way tough loss tonight, youll get em next year if you can get past us
Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there. The plans sound great and should be a good time. Count me in and I will also bring some money on that day to help out with food.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrob56
Thats cool guys, let us know in the future if you want to get something going in Indy sometime. By the way tough loss tonight, youll get em next year if you can get past us
Yeah, tough loss for sure. I am hopeful that IU has a decent season next year, and I have heard only positives about Crean. A good IU team can only help the Big Ten. It should be a good rivalry game next year for sure!

Nate,

You know I am in. I'll bring the charcoal.

Ed
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nhedrick007
What were thinking on the route would be to head north from campus to 65, and head south. This will give us about an hour or so on the interstate total. Then when we get back to lafayette, I figured we would make a lap or two around 38, 52 area, depending on how long it takes to get around town. Go grill out... Hot dogs and hamburgerlars..... Then maybe go back out for some evening/night cruising..... If we get enough guys together in the evening maybe we'll go meet the B.K. crowd. The first leg of the trip will probably be 1/2 tank or less of fuel, then dinner on...???
Lets start to try and get a rough tally of people.

Throw up a post if your coming, and how many will be riding along for dinner?

This should be a LOT of fun. Everyone bring camera's... I was thinking we might try and get a good shot of everyone's cars, and maybe a little video on the drive.

Nate
where the hell is 38?

and were you thinking along the lines of this for the cruise?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.617981&z=11

Last edited by transamws6_97; 03-26-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Teching In

i'm gunna come up from indy and i think another buddy with a gto too and ls1leadfoot in his loud *** hugger z is comin too
Old 03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

That map is CLOSE to accurate.

We will head north on 43 to 65 first.

Then exit at the Frankfort exit (hwy 28)

jog west to 52 and bring that back into town. It'll be 4 lane most all the time. Great for video!!!

One shot I know I'd like to get would be somewhat of a leap frog shot where I'd film EVERYONE passing. Probably somewhere in that 50 mph range. This will really capture all the different lsx sounds under load on the throttle. best sound ever in my opinion....

Any other ideas?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Hey guys,
This sounds like it would be loads of fun. Mind if my wife and I tag along?
We got 2 slow f bodies

Hey Everyone,

Oh, and Go Boilers!

Ed
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by aznspeed
Hey guys,
This sounds like it would be loads of fun. Mind if my wife and I tag along?
We got 2 slow f bodies
That's fine! And I know you don't have 2 slow F-Body's...I think I remember seeing your car at the Grand Prix car show a few years ago...Silver T/A with a pair of ZR1 Stripes on the fenders?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Shhh.. keep it on the DL

That's fine! And I know you don't have 2 slow F-Body's...I think I remember seeing your car at the Grand Prix car show a few years ago...Silver T/A with a pair of ZR1 Stripes on the fenders?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Nice..... I plan on bringing my wife. I wish I had something fun for her to drive, however she will be along for the ride.

I can tell already this is going to be great.

We have 8 F-body's confirmed already!! Keep em coming...

Nate
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

If there is any chance I can get off work, (work in agriculture, meaning an ungodly amount of rain the thurs/fri before) I will definitely try to make it down.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Teching In

I'll pray to the rain gods for torrential rains on thursday and friday, Sunny on saturday.

Nate
Old 03-27-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nhedrick007
One shot I know I'd like to get would be somewhat of a leap frog shot where I'd film EVERYONE passing. Probably somewhere in that 50 mph range. This will really capture all the different lsx sounds under load on the throttle. best sound ever in my opinion....

Any other ideas?
What about ltx??
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
What about ltx??
I suppose we could make a few exceptions...
Old 03-27-2009, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

LOL! LTx exceptions...
I'll try to make it too! I have the 98 Z and my girl has a 94 Formula. Maybe we'll head there with Spray Goat and Ls1Leadfoot!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

You guys ever thought about renting the track? I checked on Moroco once and it was about $500 for a day. Not too bad if you have everyone chip in. You can have an ET race, charge to enter, charge to buy back in after the first round and pay out for the final 4 cars or something. Those that do not want to race can sit around and organize a car show. Same process - charge to enter and pay to win.

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th