Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Cruise April 18th

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purdue Cruise April 18th

This is an update with the cruise information. This way people don't have to dig through 5+ pages to find details.

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to update everyone on what is going to happen as far as the cruise on April 18th.

We are going to keep the cruise local this time around as to get to know the people in the area a little bit better. We also didn't want to put anyone in a financial bind by feeling obligated to travel a farther distance and then getting dinner. Having said that, I do want to thank the IU and Indianapolis crowds for showing a lot of interest in getting together. You are all more than welcome to join us on the 18th, but its very understandable if you do not. We will try and plan a cruise down to Indy soon to make that happen, but again, we thought it would be a good idea to get to know the cars and people in the area before we did that.

Here are the plans for April 18th:

Meet at North Lot of Ross Ade Stadium at 2:00 PM.

Go on highway cruise that Nate (nhedrick007) will tell us about.

Do a cook out in Lafayette in Columbia Park (Nate is providing the food, but if you could donate $ to help him out, it would be really appreciated).

If the weather is nice, do some more driving and having a good time.

I hope everyone is excited for this. It will be nice to get to see some old faces again and meet some new ones.

Oh, and Go Boilers!

Ed
What were thinking on the route would be to head north from campus to 65, and head south. This will give us about an hour or so on the interstate total. Then when we get back to lafayette, I figured we would make a lap or two around 38, 52 area, depending on how long it takes to get around town. Go grill out... Hot dogs and hamburgerlars..... Then maybe go back out for some evening/night cruising..... If we get enough guys together in the evening maybe we'll go meet the B.K. crowd. The first leg of the trip will probably be 1/2 tank or less of fuel, then dinner on...???
Lets start to try and get a rough tally of people.

Throw up a post if your coming, and how many will be riding along for dinner?

This should be a LOT of fun. Everyone bring camera's... I was thinking we might try and get a good shot of everyone's cars, and maybe a little video on the drive.

Nate

Last edited by BlackFormula01; 04-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, my name is Cody. I am a junior and drive a bolt on 00 WS6. Screen name is Crvvaughtd . I am going with option D. I think all the ideas are good but I recently thought it would be good to take a cruise either to US 41 drag strip in Morocco, In or ORP drag strip near Indianpolis. IN. I have never been to the strip but from what I understand they have open nights where anyone is welcome to come race as much as they please for a small fee. It would be a nice little cruise to get to either one of them and those who wish to make a few passes could have at it. For those who just want to cruise there and not race, it would be a great time to watch our friends and others make some passes down the track and talk cars. Ed, let me know what you think about this one. Thanks
http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/
http://www.us41dragway.com/
Old 03-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Teching In

weekend great for me no kids is this cruise just f bodys . are little crew even has few ricers but there good dudes few stangs a charger ss trailblzer only srt 4 and a pretty cool evo super nice car . and if any one game few of us is going to the april 4th meet in merriville at the hooter we going to meet some dudes from knock area and head over pm if interested cant wait car getting close to being done more power
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Cody,

That's a great idea, and I am all for it. I think that US41 is the best bet. Looking at the schedule, PINKS is at oreilly race way on the 18th, so I don't even think we could get tickets for seats at this point, let alone racing. However, Cody, you're probably looking at a low 11 second car now, so you could probably make the field haha.

Brian,

I'd like to keep this as F-Body specific as I can, but GTO's would be fine. The idea behind this is to get to know local Firebird/Camaro enthusiasts from Lafayette, and from this site.

Thanks guys,

Ed
Old 03-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Hey guys,

My name is Nate. 92 teal bird.

I'd be happy with any of the choices and will go wherever majority leads. I know a cruise down the interstate would be fun.

What about a cruise starting at campus and heading north on river road to 65 then head south to say frankfort, 20 min one way, do a U and come back to do a couple laps around town. We could grill out at coumbian park, or go eat somewhere again. Might be a I kind of like the idea of a bunch of f-body's making a statement locally. Might even pick a few guys up that just jump in.

Nate
Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Hey guys my name is Beau and right now im in a black 98 Z-28 with a damaged SS hood and an unpainted front pass. side fender so my car stands out pretty well haha...i like Nate's idea but i'm up for pretty much anything, hopefully we can get quite a few cars!

Beau
Old 03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

I should be able to make it. I might be running at pinks however..
Old 03-15-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i should have my car out by then and am totally down to cruise.

I like nates idea personally.

My name is Kyle and I will ge in a 99 Pewter Trans am (see sig).

i am trying to avoid the track for fear of ten bolt going kaboom
Old 03-16-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever ther majority decides is what I will do. All these ideas sound great and I am sure they will all be fun.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

I choose option C sir
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Alright, I'm going to bump this up so its back in the lime light.

Nate, I am going to send you a PM. You're idea seems to be the most popular and I want to set something in stone so I can do some fliers when I get back to campus.

Anyone else, if you see this thread and are thinking about coming, please post up. I know there is a lot of interest from the other thread and I have had a few PM's. I'd just like to keep a rough count in this thread for all of those that are interested.

I did the clay bar, a good buffing and like 4 coats of Zaino this week on the car, so it should be ready to go! I'm excited to get a bunch of guys together again.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Well i wont beable to attend the 18th... I will be in TN on my honeymoon so yeah...

BlackFormula01 I will probably be in lafayette alot when im home... if you want to get some pics of the cars together one day or something let me know and I should be able to attend as long as its not the 11th or the 17th to 21st... oh and I will be running tuesday the 14th down at ORP.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

sgm98ws6,

I'm sorry that the date doesn't work out for you, I really was excited to see your car. Regardless of that, congratulations on your marriage, and I hope you have a great time on your honeymoon.

I will keep in contact with you about the pictures. I won't have my car on campus until after Easter as I am in the process of moving things back and forth from my campus house to my house back home. Hopefully something can work out.

Ed
Old 03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
However, Cody, you're probably looking at a low 11 second car now, so you could probably make the field haha.
For a bolt on ls1? More like mid 12s. My friends ss cam only making 420 rwhp was only running 11.7x so I dont see a bolt on ls1 running low 11s.

Anyways I like both nate and codys idea. I've been to the strip many times back in Cincinnati since I have 3 or 4 tracks within driving distance to go race. And I like the idea of nates staying around here and making our presence known and maybe that will attract even more fbodys next time we do a cruise. Indy is good but I think going all the way down to Bloomington would be a bit far. If you wanted to coordinate something with the IU guys then I don't see why they couldnt meet in Indy. I wouldn't expect them to drive up to purdue to hang out.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
For a bolt on ls1? More like mid 12s. My friends ss cam only making 420 rwhp was only running 11.7x so I dont see a bolt on ls1 running low 11s.
I feel like I remember reading he put a fairly large cam in it. I might be mistaken, but this is what I based my estimate on. Regardless, I'm still probably a little low,.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm he must have left that out in post #2...anyways how many people from IU do you know that have fbodys? I know one guy and he said he, his roommate and a buddy all have ls1 4th gens and hes seen two girls driving 4th gens but he hasnt talked to them. But he said he'd be down for meeting up in indy
Old 03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm the guy ^^^ he's talking about. I down for something in Indy or if you guys wanted to cruise over to Bloomington as long as I don't have a project or test that Sunday, I'd have to double check. I'm pretty sure my roommate would be down too. His username is jrob56 btw. I'll send a pm to the other guy that has a 98 SS, I just saw him driving around a little while ago.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I don't know if Cody has that cam installed yet, so don't hold me to it.

I don't know anyone from IU that has a F-Body. It was just an idea I was throwing out there because a few months ago there was an IU vs PU thread and another Bloomington thread. It was just something, given the time, people at both schools would be able to work out. However, I don't think its going to go this time around, but I agree, if it were going to happen, both parties should meet half way. Anyway, if you greg_74, would like to join us for the cookout or whatever it is we will be doing, feel free to join us. As of right now, its my understanding that we'll be heading south.

Ed
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Teching In

i'm game for any of those as well!! and i'm going to the track on wednesday if anyone would like to join, please do! gonna test my baby out after a few minor adjustments.

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th