TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i hit any I probably would lol

http://www.ilostmymind.com/upload/oldgarage.jpg
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
there are speed bumps in the garages almost like an expansion joint between the concrete and its raised up. and it depends on the car. I have a chassis mounted crossmember w/ the bmr weld in crossmember and my car may be lowered when I bought it but if it is its not much and I cannot make it over the speed bumps without my crossmember hitting really hard. At least that's what happens in the Grant St parking garage.
Grant St must be different, I'm like 99% positive that these garages don't have speed bumps.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was whipping around it pretty good without a problem. Don't remember any speed bumps
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Grant and Northwestern both have those "humps." They are more like over-done expansion gaps. The garage right there between Triangle and the BCC does not have any of these gaps/bumps...and it looks like thats where he is talking about.

By the way, you need to tell that guy who has the Z28 parked in your lot to come too... I was back there today and saw your car (nice!) and that Red Z.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Naw, you are mistaken, this is the garage out by Purdue West behind Hillenbrand

it is the newest garage on campus.

I can ask him, but he barely drives it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who did i see waiting at the light on cherry lane? around 430 wasnt sure who it was but i did see you
Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

I was turning left onto Northwestern around then I think...
Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Talking

aaawwww yeah!!
Weather is looking better and better through saturday. Anyone going to wake the car up today or tomm? I might get mine out with 65+ and sunny.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i had mine out last night with the t-tops off after my exam

ill probably be out driving around a little tonight too
Old 04-16-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like Sat. is going to be a beautiful day... I really hope that I don't have to work and can make it!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Hopefully the ground will stay saturated....
Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say I'm really excited for this cruise. It is supposed to be a beautiful day, so if you were on the fence about coming and see this, then I strongly encourage you to come. Weather right now for W. Lafayette is saying 70's and partly cloudy.

I also wanted to pass on some information for the FIREBIRD owners. Each year, my father and I take my car ('02 WS6) and his car ('99 30th Ann. Vert) to a car show called The Great Lakes Firebird Gathering. I will be unable to attend this year, but wanted to pass on some information if any one is interesting from this group. As of right now he has just 3 cars going, and not that numbers matter, but I'd be nice to have more.

Here is the website if anyone is interested. They are going to leave from Battjes Pontiac (Elkhart, IN) on that Sunday morning.

I actually won a really nice trophy at this show 2 years ago (when we last went, last year was canceled). You will see this weekend that my car is nice, but its a daily driver (winter and all) so if I was able to win a trophy for my class, its a good guarantee that you will be able to bring home some hardware.

I won nice wax, had my car 100pt judged, won a trophy, and a lot of other free stuff. The show really paid for itself, so please consider that when you see the price.

I am not affiliated with this show in any shape or form, but I am an enthusiast for this car and Pontiac, and with that being said I will promote anything positive, and this is a good thing.

Anyway, here is the web address. PM me if you would like more information, or feel free to contact: bob (at) battjes (dot) com. There is also a link at www.battjes.com , or finally, you can visit the official website at:

http://greatlakesfirebirdgathering.c...G/Welcome.html

Ed

Hope to see you all, regardless of Firebird, Camaro, or GTO, Saturday at 2!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Weather is gonna be great saturday. Hope to see everyone out.
Didn't get the car out today, however.
I'm gonna get my car out tomm afternoon. If anyone is gonna be out let me know.

Nate
Old 04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wish i was closer (nw indiana)

i'm supposed to go somewhere sunday in illinois which i guess is about as far from me as lafayette is (i was born in lafayette) but that might get rained out. maybe i should drive down. is anyone from northern indiana going down there?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

aznspeed is from Valpo. Maybe you could meet up? The drive down 65 or 421 doesn't take too long!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
aznspeed is from Valpo. Maybe you could meet up? The drive down 65 or 421 doesn't take too long!
hmm, maybe we could. one of the other guys who posted is from cedar lake too. i'll pm aznspeed and see if he wants to caravan. i just detailed mine today because after sitting covered all winter it needed a little siwrl attention. you guys don't mind if another LT1 shows up do you? it's wearing Purdue colors too
(my center caps and rear filler panel decals are gold)

oh i almost forgot, my older and younger sisters are both purdue graduates of chemical engineering. class of 99 and 08

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 04-17-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Black on Black.... Me Likey....
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nhedrick007
Black on Black.... Me Likey....
thanks i picked it up stock in fort lauderdale FL 5 years ago when i was living down there. it was originally a hawaii car and has never seen a single northern winter (i brought it back here the summer of 07 and it's been stored in the garage both winters, come to think of it, its somewhat of a garage queen for the rest of the year too since its not a DD and is parked in there when not in use)

it's sure changed a lot in the last 5 years, lol. it's a 95 so it was not originally a ram air car and i added black zr1's (long before i got the ram air) and a few other things (mostly what i refer to as maintenance mods like msd wires, ngk plugs, msd cap/rotor, the usual stuff that needs replaced on an LT1) oh and i put in new upholstery over the winter

it's got almost 124k on it but you'd never be able to tell that by looking at the body or the undercarriage.

(yeah that's stock exhaust under there, lol. and the oil on the ground was from a leaky intake manifold gasket which was fixed before those pics were taken)

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 04-16-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Hey Everyone,
I also wanted to pass on some information for the FIREBIRD owners. Each year, my father and I take my car ('02 WS6) and his car ('99 30th Ann. Vert) to a car show called The Great Lakes Firebird Gathering. I will be unable to attend this year, but wanted to pass on some information if any one is interesting from this group. As of right now he has just 3 cars going, and not that numbers matter, but I'd be nice to have more.

Here is the website if anyone is interested. They are going to leave from Battjes Pontiac (Elkhart, IN) on that Sunday morning.

I actually won a really nice trophy at this show 2 years ago (when we last went, last year was canceled). You will see this weekend that my car is nice, but its a daily driver (winter and all) so if I was able to win a trophy for my class, its a good guarantee that you will be able to bring home some hardware.

I won nice wax, had my car 100pt judged, won a trophy, and a lot of other free stuff. The show really paid for itself, so please consider that when you see the price.

I am not affiliated with this show in any shape or form, but I am an enthusiast for this car and Pontiac, and with that being said I will promote anything positive, and this is a good thing.

Anyway, here is the web address. PM me if you would like more information, or feel free to contact: bob (at) battjes (dot) com. There is also a link at www.battjes.com , or finally, you can visit the official website at:

http://greatlakesfirebirdgathering.c...G/Welcome.html

Ed

Hope to see you all, regardless of Firebird, Camaro, or GTO, Saturday at 2!
I'll agree, I'm fairly good friends with Doug and Paula (the people who put on the show) and have been attending the show since it started. This is a great show to go to and it's truely run by enthusiasts of the community. The show is at the Cabela's in Dundee, MI which provides a nice place to eat lunch during the show. Overall I would say that this show is run better than the TA Nats or the Pontiac Nats and would strongly suggest anyone wait a pontiac to attend.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Change in forecast tomm. MOSTLY SUNNY and 73!!! I expect everyone will have tops off and down.

on a side note, anyone seen the new Pepsi Max commercial "It's ok, I'm alright"... Absolutely HILARIOUS!!! When the guy in the limmo gets cracked while driving into a garage I about rolled outta my chair!!

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th