Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Purdue Cruise April 18th

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice,

Got both added.

Stage 3 probably is slightly different then the sentra. LOL. I forget, do you have a cam in your car? If so, that probably adds a little more difficulty...

Thanks for the response guys.

I've also been keeping my eyes out for fellow f-body's around town and will try to wave them down and let them know.

Hope you guys do the same.

Nate
Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by aznspeed
Shhh.. keep it on the DL
hehe... i remember those too....

I don't think I'l be able to come. I believe that this is the same weekend I told my friend in Wisconsin I would come up for his 21st..... If something happens though and I don't go up there I'll be there for the cruise for sure.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nhedrick007
Nice,

Got both added.

Stage 3 probably is slightly different then the sentra. LOL. I forget, do you have a cam in your car? If so, that probably adds a little more difficulty...

Thanks for the response guys.

I've also been keeping my eyes out for fellow f-body's around town and will try to wave them down and let them know.

Hope you guys do the same.

Nate
Yeah, it bucks at low speeds probably has to do with the dyno tune being old, prior to the CAI and exhaust as well as it being cold outside. I should probably get it retuned at some point. The cam is a custom grind 230/232 .595/.595 on a 114LSA, the 114LSA helps a little bit with the smoothness, but its not a baby cam. The flywheel also probably needs refinished so it groans a little when letting the clutch out at low speed. I still love her though and to me she pulls like a freight train.

BTW, I saw the red z/28 with the dumped duals, sounded very very nice
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

I posted this information for the cruise on The Lafayette Street Car Association Forum. Trying to get a few members from there, but a few who do not have F-Body's have invited us to Sonic on the 18th (every Saturday). They usually get there anywhere between 6-8PM. Just throwing it out there, I may head over there after the cruise.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ThumperNC24
Yeah, it bucks at low speeds probably has to do with the dyno tune being old, prior to the CAI and exhaust as well as it being cold outside. I should probably get it retuned at some point. The cam is a custom grind 230/232 .595/.595 on a 114LSA, the 114LSA helps a little bit with the smoothness, but its not a baby cam. The flywheel also probably needs refinished so it groans a little when letting the clutch out at low speed. I still love her though and to me she pulls like a freight train.

BTW, I saw the red z/28 with the dumped duals, sounded very very nice
call up chad @ greenlight for a tune. it'll b like a whole new animal
Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by spray_goat
call up chad @ greenlight for a tune. it'll b like a whole new animal
I second that. People wonder about street tunes making as much power or not.... but I'm sure if I have a UD pulley on in this cooler air this sunday that my car SI and full weight will go 11's with the tune I have from Chad. He even tuned it before the converter.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am hitting chad up after the cam swap!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Speedmonster185
I second that. People wonder about street tunes making as much power or not.... but I'm sure if I have a UD pulley on in this cooler air this sunday that my car SI and full weight will go 11's with the tune I have from Chad. He even tuned it before the converter.
Were you heading South on Northwestern at about 7pm this evening?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Count me in for the cruise if I'm not already on the list
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Were you heading South on Northwestern at about 7pm this evening?
Nope. The car is at home right now in the garage. Was there another NBM WS6 around here? I thought it was just you and me... (that's you right?)
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'm the only other one I know of, and mine is also in the garage at home. It had an exhaust, but wasn't excessively loud. Had something custom done to the marker lights which gave them a different hue. It looked great, hopefully I can find it and tell the guy about this cruise.

Went around passing out some fliers today, too. Hopefully some of those cars will make it out.

Cody,

Do you know if Austin ever sold that Silver TA of his? If not, do you think he would be interested in this cruise? I'm not sure if he knows about it.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, austin finally sold his TA. He actually just sold it last week.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 AM

Hey,

Just thought I would introduce myself on this site, my name is Kyle. I got a flier on my car today from someone...it was the Black 99 Z28 parked in the back of the co-rec lot today. I'm a sophmore here at Purdue. The cruise sounds awesome, but I'm sorry I won't be able to make it that weekend. But I figured, I would get on here for some future events or what not! Thats awesome what you guys are doing and hope the turn out is good...good luck!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by specialk425
Hey,

Just thought I would introduce myself on this site, my name is Kyle. I got a flier on my car today from someone...it was the Black 99 Z28 parked in the back of the co-rec lot today. I'm a sophmore here at Purdue. The cruise sounds awesome, but I'm sorry I won't be able to make it that weekend. But I figured, I would get on here for some future events or what not! Thats awesome what you guys are doing and hope the turn out is good...good luck!
Thanks Kyle,

I appreciate you posting up! I placed about 20 fliers yesterday, so its nice to hear a response, even if you are unable to make it. Your car is extremely clean and very nice. I am sorry to hear that you can't come, but please keep in contact with this forum as hopefully there will be other cruises/events to come.

Again, thank you for the response, and hopefully we can get another event together soon that you can make.

Ed
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Hey,

My name is Joe and I drive a Red 96 RS Camaro. I got the flier today and its sounds like a good time. I should be able to make it if nothing comes up. I live in Cary Quad so the start is just up the hill for me. How many cars are going to be there thus far??
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 96RS
Hey,

My name is Joe and I drive a Red 96 RS Camaro. I got the flier today and its sounds like a good time. I should be able to make it if nothing comes up. I live in Cary Quad so the start is just up the hill for me. How many cars are going to be there thus far??

Hey Joe,

The cruise should be a good time. As of right now, there are anywhere between 12-15 Cars including yourself. There is a little fluctuation right now because a few guys don't know if they can get off work, etc. I'm positive that the turn out will be greater than this...I'm thinking that a few cars will just show up...which is cool, too.

Hope to see you up there! Glad you can make it.

Ed
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Chad tuned my 403 and it runs HARD! I love it. Just my oppinion, But I STRONGLY Suggest using Chad for a tune! He knows his stuff. His helper Pat is a very nice guy too and helped me out ALOT!
A+++ In my Book.

James
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Hi all,

My name is Andrew and I got the flier a couple days ago this week. I drive a black 89 RS Camaro that is all stock (I was parked in the front row of Ross Ade). I intend on attending this cruise as it would be the first one I've ever been invited to, but may not be able to due to having to do machining work for FSAE.

Thanks for the invite and hope to see you all there.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome!

Can't wait to have this thing happen. Hope you can make it.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Teching In

im in for sure what time and wear u meeting at ? and its only f bodys

Quick Reply: Purdue Cruise April 18th