Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Why I hate Jewel

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I hate Jewel

So I get a speeding ticket on March 13th, which is also the first day I insured my camaro after being put a way all winter. It is also the first speeding ticket I have gotten since 2004. Kicker is that it was for 4mph over. Anyway, I'll live with the guilt from that.

So on the 20th I stop at Jewel, which is down the street from my house to buy some beer before heading to my buddies for a little party. I get my Hacker Pschore, and go up to the counter, I pull my out my ticket, they say they don't accept those, so I pull out my State ID, which I did not know expired on my birthday in Febuary (I haven't had a ticket in 4 years, I never look at it) so they won't accept that. So then I pull out my F.O.I.D. card, where they proceed to tell me that do not accept that as a "Primary ID".

I was completely baffeled, those are harder to get than a State ID, they are issued by the State, and they have a picture and date of birth. I bring up these points to the manager, where she shows me a list of what they accept as "Primary ID's" and "Secondary ID's". The only acceptable "Primary ID's" are Driver's Liscense, State ID, or Military ID. All other ID's fall under "Secondary ID's", which included Passports and F.O.I.D. cards.

So I said that doesn't make sense, because with this ID, I can go down the street, buy a hand gun leagally, come back, and hold the place up, but I can't buy a beer?

She didn't have anything to say about that, and could tell that comment made her nervous, so I just left the beer and went to the liquore store. No problems there, I didn't even get carded, god I'm getting old.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I used to work at jewel for 4 years. Some of the people are a little too into their jobs there and will not let anything slide. I once got banned from buying alcohol cause I had a friend who was under age with me, who was buying candy at the other self check out... the lady must have seen us walking together or something before that. I asked the lady, so if I come back by myself she would sell me the alcohol... she said yes... im like why dont you just save me the time and sell it to me now... she refused. So sure enough I left, came back by myself, and bought it then. Was just a waste of time.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

thought we were talking about the singer Jewel when i opened this thread...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by whammer33024
Same.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whammer33024
Originally Posted by Azar
Same.
X3

Was hopin for some pics
Old 03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

X4 so here we go....

Old 03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Success.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly can not remember the last time I have been carded even at Jewel. You must look young and still have a baby face! JFWY
Old 03-25-2009, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I honestly can not remember the last time I have been carded even at Jewel. You must look young and still have a baby face! JFWY
LOL poor mike.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

those are a lil saggy....
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
9 Second Club

Jewels sucks ***, I never shop there I go to the whole foods store or ultra foods if I am broke!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I constantly get carded still. I usually pass for 23-26 when I'm clean shaven and dressed to go out. . .

Sorry about the misleading topic guys. . .
Old 03-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last time I went to Jewel was a few years ago. I went there with my girlfriend at the time, who happened to be 20, about two months shy of turning 21. We walked in together, but she went off on her own to get food and I went to get the booze. I had a bottle of Johnny Walker Black and two 6-packs of Goose Island. I go to the register to pay, and the cashier asks me where the young lady was that I came in with. I told her I was not certain which aisle, but she was getting burgers, buns, chips, etc. The cashier said that she would not let me buy the alcohol unless my girlfriend came up to the register and showed the cashier her I.D. So I waited and when she came up to the register, she showed the cashier the I.D., and the cashier then refused to sell me the alcohol because my girlfriend was not 21. I told the cashier that it was for me (which it truly was.) No girl I know drinks that kind of beer or liquor, and I even told her that. She still said no, so I asked to speak to the manager. He then proceeded over to the register and the cashier explained the situation. He reiterated what the cashier had told me, and again I told him that it was for me, not my girlfriend. He said they have the right to refuse anyone, and that under no circumstances would I be allowed to purchase the alcohol. I stayed calm and picked up the two 6-packs, turned them upside down, and let the bottles bust all over the ground. I then threw the bottle of JW down as well, told the manager to go **** himself, and walked away. This was at the Jewel in New Lenox, right off of Route 30 and Nelson Rd. To this day, I won't go back in there.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tuner@Straightline

So I said that doesn't make sense, because with this ID, I can go down the street, buy a hand gun leagally, come back, and hold the place up, but I can't buy a beer?
Well said!!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

i had a situation similar to this happen at my work(kmart) a couple days ago. a couple guys came in to buy their hunting/fishing licenses. when the computer got to the end of the survey it said he needed a hunters education course. the guy was turning 29 in3 days. i called the number and they said anyone born after jan 1, 1980 needed a hunters education course to get a hunting license in il as of last year. the guy then tells me he has 4 years in the marines and and is trained with an m16 assault rifle. he then says," so i can go and hunt humans for the government no problem but need to go take a class in order to hunt a rabbit?"
Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I hate Jewel too... the singer.

Never heard of this other Jewel.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
those are a lil saggy....
i'd still hit it.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sec93
i'd still hit it.
moootoooorboooaatt
Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

**** Mike, I'm gonna send some PoPo stickers with Nick tomorrow to put on your Z. Hopefully that will help you out of some tickets this summer. As far as the 4 mph are concerned you'll BEAT it in court!
Who was it the New Lenox(<---Petty Police) or let me guess....Will County(<---Pettier Police)? 4 MPH you gotta be kidding!

Quick Reply: Why I hate Jewel