Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Very Upset

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminBird99
lol, gimme a break with the whole racial profiling, i think that is so garbage...maybe call up rev.jesse jackson or the rainbow peace coalition...how about everytime a white person gets pulled over we say the same thing, that is whats wrong with the world everytime someone gets pulled over its "race" related, bull sh## in my opinion
It happens dude. I'm white and it happened to me all the time in Atlanta. I'd be willing to bet I've met more racist black people then white people, and I've been all over the states. Is the Rev Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton scum bags who do nothing but create a race barrier for their own benefit? YES. They handicap the black race every time they open their mouth.

**** it though, nothing I can do to change their opinion so I don't care. It's all the forced diversity that has this country on pins and needles. No one likes each other because we're different. In other countries where diversity isn't so high, discrimination is low, obviously. Here you have things like affirmative action that **** the country up. As a white guy I could have got a scholarship in SE VA because I was a minority. It's dumb. The whole thing that was going on with the Mass. Firefighters, its BS. The Jena 6 thing was BS. You commit a crime, you go to jail for it, too ******* bad. Nooses had nothing to do with it. (Not a single statement from all parties mentioned it). The punishment fit the crime. I think in a LOT of instances blacks get off easier. There was a black reverend in Mobile AL who was dealing drugs and was pulled over by cops because he matched the description of the drug dealer the cops were looking for. Judge threw out the case because they didn't have probable cause to pull him over...wtf? Since when is matching the appearance not probably cause? If he was white, that wouldn't have happened, he would be in jail. Of course, I'm not a retard, and I'm well aware that the opposite happens quite often as well. Either fight it in court or get over it. Not much else you can do, people are people.

To the OP:
I definitely recommend getting a camera. No matter who it is happening to, it is wrong if it is actually happening. It sounds like you are being harassed. It could be because your car is loud, (is it?) or because you're black, the odds of probability are suggesting some discrimination. Film that ****. To me your just a man with a trans am. Not sure why anyone has to see people any other way.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Launching!

^ i agree with you.... its just like the United Negro Fund..... if we started United White Fund, wed be racist... Yesterday iw as going to watch some fireworks and a black male was wearing a shirt that said "Life of Crime" now is that not screaming to be arrested
Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ScreaminBird99
^ i agree with you.... its just like the United Negro Fund..... if we started United White Fund, wed be racist... Yesterday iw as going to watch some fireworks and a black male was wearing a shirt that said "Life of Crime" now is that not screaming to be arrested
Black Man Monthly is a racist magazine. BET is a racist TV station. Double standards don't end well.

You have to admit that profiling does exist though.

I currently live in the Florida Panhandle and there is a huge sign down the street that says "Jan 20th a day of darkness". Horrible to think of how ignorant people are in this country. Sure I believe statistics, but they're not good for much but a guessing game, people should be judged individually. Every time I hear "the first ______ man/woman to _________" I want to shoot myself. It's irrelevant. The accomplishment belongs to the person, not their race.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My focus was not so much on racial profiling, as I am not a fan of the theory(Even though in some cases it is true). I do not know the exact reason that they are pulling me over, it's not like they're going to tell me if I ask them. I do know, that even though I do nothing wrong, I am still detained and treated badly while I see illegal activity all around me going unaddressed.

I just don't like to be looked at/talked to/treated like a criminal, when all I'm doing is busting my *** to try and be a successful young man.

This is a weird example(slightly immature, but still relevant) I don't know if you guys ever caught that episode of South Park where Token tells Kyle "You Just Don't Get It" but it's kind of true. It's just different for us when we try our hardest to break the stereotypical view of our race and we are still treated unfairly. That's one big why Af-Am's buy those big rims and jewelry and flashy things. They want to be seen as successful people. Not low-life's. Personally I think the theory is horribly flawed(but that's a WHOLE different topic by itself)

Personally,I can't stand Sharpton or Jackson either. I used to play the saxophone for the House of Hope (Senator Meeks), and it would make me sick to see him getting so much clout when he visited the church. They talk hard but it doesn't do ****.

I'm going to go ahead and try to fork over some coin for a camera this week to try and record these things. I damn near broke down and started bawling the last time I was stopped because it was just getting unbelievable, and the cop didn't even care.

No need to turn this into a race heavy thread, I mainly wanted to vent a little, not stir "The Pot", because we all know where that goes....
Old 08-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Every time I hear "the first ______ man/woman to _________" I want to shoot myself. It's irrelevant. .
It's Not Exactly Irrelevant. It does mean a lot though.

The fact that a minority, who's race has been treated unfairly by a powerful majority for hundreds of years, manages to overcome overwhelming opposition and accomplish a seemingly impossible task, is not irrelevant.

You Just Don't Get It.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr CHI
My focus was not so much on racial profiling, as I am not a fan of the theory(Even though in some cases it is true). I do not know the exact reason that they are pulling me over, it's not like they're going to tell me if I ask them. I do know, that even though I do nothing wrong, I am still detained and treated badly while I see illegal activity all around me going unaddressed.

I just don't like to be looked at/talked to/treated like a criminal, when all I'm doing is busting my *** to try and be a successful young man.
Nothing wrong with that, the odds of probability are in the favor of racial profiling.

This is a weird example(slightly immature, but still relevant) I don't know if you guys ever caught that episode of South Park where Token tells Kyle "You Just Don't Get It" but it's kind of true. It's just different for us when we try our hardest to break the stereotypical view of our race and we are still treated unfairly. That's one big why Af-Am's buy those big rims and jewelry and flashy things. They want to be seen as successful people. Not low-life's. Personally I think the theory is horribly flawed(but that's a WHOLE different topic by itself)
See this is where the problem lies. To assume that you're different is setting yourself apart from everyone else. To assume that I can't relate or appreciate how you've been treated is a poor assumption. I went to a 90% black school for highschool and was always called "white _____" fill in the blank. Treated different everywhere I went. To walk through a town and assume that no one likes you because your black is wrong. I'm pretty sure I've seen every race in this country treated like **** by every other race. What is the stereotypical view? Some black people are trashy? Ghetto? Some are rich and successful? (And I don't view the ones with 22inch rims as successful, I view them as rice and/or stupidity) Same can be said for every race, some white people are trashy, some are ghetto, some are rich and successful. Every race things the same way about every race. There is always a rankism. Some white people will always think black people are below them (Lincoln himself said this, he was a known racist, he just didn't believe in slaves). Some black people will always hate whites and think they are being treated different by whites and that "we" are trying to keep them down. It's just horrible resentment. Most of it is unwarrantied. You're not special because you're black. I'm not special because I'm white.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Launching!

It's Not Exactly Irrelevant. It does mean a lot though.

The fact that a minority, who's race has been treated unfairly by a powerful majority for hundreds of years, manages to overcome overwhelming opposition and accomplish a seemingly impossible task, is not irrelevant.

You Just Don't Get It.
Again, this is a problem in society. YOU have been treated unfairly based on you're race. So have I. Where do we differ? Hundreds of years make NO difference. Have you ever heard of Jews? Hebrews? If you want to look at a culture that is treated unfairly, look at the Armenians in Turkey. Do you think my Irish relatives that arrived in New York were treated kindly? The 60s were a rough time for black americans, today though? HA. That is always making color an issue. Good or bad, it doesn't matter, its an issue. It promotes resentment and ignorance. Highly disappointed in that statement. If people stop viewing themselves as a color, and start viewing themselves as an individual, that is when the color barrier will subside. Clearly, we have way too long to go.

It is not impossible, in fact, most things in today's current society are easier for YOU to accomplish then me. There is OPEN discrimination against whites in all of our forms government. It's sickening. How can you possibly view something as impossible? So someone went to school, got a job, and worked their way up. That is called equality in society. Nothing amazing about that. It just means things are evened out.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Again, this is a problem in society. YOU have been treated unfairly based on you're race. So have I. Where do we differ? Hundreds of years make NO difference.
I Disagree. More time was allotted to the majority to establish legacies and dominance in society. Overcoming/coping with that is slightly more difficult.

The 60s were a rough time for black americans, today though? HA. That is always making color an issue. Good or bad, it doesn't matter, its an issue. It promotes resentment and ignorance. Highly disappointed in that statement. If people stop viewing themselves as a color, and start viewing themselves as an individual, that is when the color barrier will subside. Clearly, we have way too long to go.
I don't have first hand experience regarding the 60's. Life isn't easier for af-americans. Not if we want to have any sense of self-respect.

It is not impossible, in fact, most things in today's current society are easier for YOU to accomplish then me. There is OPEN discrimination against whites in all of our forms government. It's sickening. How can you possibly view something as impossible? So someone went to school, got a job, and worked their way up. That is called equality in society. Nothing amazing about that. It just means things are evened out.
Impossible was not literal, just expressing a thought. What do you mean "most things" are easier?

Getting Into School? Scholarships for being a minority go both ways. Apply to JSU/SU/TSU/ASU(HBC) and it'll be the same as me applying to a "HWC".

Getting A Job? An affirmative action hire would completely kill any real-sense of accomplishment. At least it would for me. No self-respecting person would appreciate a job given to them just because of race.

Getting A Woman? Man........I'm Not EVEN Gonna Get Started On That

We've gone way off the initial topic, but I guess we can go back and forth until this gets locked, just don't start throwing insults.

Last edited by Mr CHI; 08-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

do you get pulled over when you are not in your ws6? if not, you may try to avoid driving it to work as much as possible - don't give them a reason to give you a second look.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

the same **** happens to me.... Pulled over for no reason... I once got a ticket for going 4 over the limit.? at like 4 in the afternoon on a country road. Lots of bullshit ones... but anyways this is what you do.... Dont drive your car anymore. Thats what I did and I dont get pulled over. I bought a chevy malibu... And I have never been pulled over and Now I speed all the time... they leave old people/ and old peoples looking cars alone. Now I am selling my car. Yes, if the cops want you to lose.... you will. But atleast I realize it now. Rat bastards got nothing better to do than harass people. "rant over" But there are about 20% of them that are ok.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man,I Wish I Could Be White For One Week. Just Ooonneee week....So I Could See What It's Like To Not Be Looked At Like A ******* Criminal for Driving a Nice Car(Oh He Must Have Stolen That) or Wearing Nice Clothes(Oh He Sells Drugs).....I'm Just Like.....Man I'm Just Mad Right Now.
I was interested in your complaint until I read that part. It has nothing to do with your color. You are the only one who thinks this is a color related issue. Grow the **** up!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt D
I was interested in your complaint until I read that part. It has nothing to do with your color. You are the only one who thinks this is a color related issue. Grow the **** up!
Damn Matt, I rarely see you post and then I get harsh words like that. I mean, I know I don't know you, but it still hurts.

I don't think color is the main reason, I always leaned more toward the fact that I was young and had a nice car(which I'm sure many can relate too), perhaps the fact that my color was different was the straw that broke the camels back when it came to being bothered. As far as being "white for a week", I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could make that kind of switch and see what it's like.

Yes, I do still have a lot of maturing left to do. I just made 20 last week so I'm not as wise to the ways of the world as you older guys(not calling you "old", just saying your older than me). Several other people in the thread have posted similar complaints involving color as a factor so I'm not the only one who holds the theory, so I don't know why you would call me out as being the only one.(most likely because I'm the OP?)

I do appreciate the advice though, I just didn't like the way it was given.(Not Your Problem,It's The Web so You Can Talk/Type What You Want) Rest assured, I'm working on growing up.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Teching In

This is retarded. Now its a thread of people who think they are above the law and think that a "4 mile per over" ticket is bullshit......they post the sign for a reason....u dont get to decide how fast you go..you live in america...respect its laws and i dont see where any of you have the right to refer to a police officer in a a negative way when they were doing their job and serving the united states to secure everyones safety.

In some cases yes i do understand that their maybe a "crooked" cop that needs to be put in his place but thats what courst is for. If that ticket is that big of "bullshit" then u should easily win.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Shoot the way these days crooked cops are getting off why bother going to court.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dark_02wrx
This is retarded. Now its a thread of people who think they are above the law and think that a "4 mile per over" ticket is bullshit......they post the sign for a reason....u dont get to decide how fast you go..you live in america...respect its laws and i dont see where any of you have the right to refer to a police officer in a a negative way when they were doing their job and serving the united states to secure everyones safety.

In some cases yes i do understand that their maybe a "crooked" cop that needs to be put in his place but thats what courst is for. If that ticket is that big of "bullshit" then u should easily win.
are you in law enforcement? or do you have family/friends in law enforcement? some people just have bad experiences with police officers.

i think the real issue is a young person in a sporty car. whether or not you are breaking the law, you draw attention to yourself.

to the OP: i didn't know you were only 20, but knowing that, now, you should save the t/a for the weekend and drive something a little more inconspicuous to/from work - if that's possible.

Last edited by checkbit; 08-12-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by danhr
get that michael jackson surgery...
hahahahha
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont see where any of you have the right to refer to a police officer in a a negative way when they were doing their job and serving the united states to secure everyones safety.
now i'm not referring to all police officers but it is possible to still do your job and not be a complete jag off. i have been stopped for things that i was guilty of. little things of course and if i'm getting a ticket thats fine just give me the ticket. no need to be a ***** especially when i was being respectful. it seems like sometimes they try to **** you off to get you to say something stupid to them just to give them a reaon to take you to jail or to harrass you even more. again i am not saying this is all of them but there are a few out there. it is hard to respect somebody when they are just straight up rude, badge or no badge. ok end of rant. this gave me a flashback. LOL
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Calm urself.I wasnt talking bout everyones posts just some. If you read through you can see them i hope.

As i said there are "CROOKED" cops. But i just hate when somone just goes apeshit trailer park and says..."Screw cops for giving me a 4mph over the speed limit".Cops dont get paid to be nice. If u were in their feild as long as them you wouldnt be happy go lucky all the time either.

And yes. I have law enforcment in my family and all my best freinds have law enforcment parents.

I even personally had an accisdent where i was driving through a main road here in indiana with some freinds. just cruising the speed limit. i got pulled over....i wasnt speeding...driving agressivly or anything....but 10 mins into pulling me over he had me in cuffs screaming at me telling me i beter confess to street racing......i was like wtf!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

a high percent of cops are dirty....that is all
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Calm urself.I wasnt talking bout everyones posts just some. If you read through you can see them i hope.
And yes. I have law enforcment in my family and all my best freinds have law enforcment parents.
i wasn't trying to be a jerk. i was just trying to understand your motivation for your statement.

i've got nothing against police officers, in general. i just try to avoid them as much as possible.

Quick Reply: Very Upset