Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Needs a Ls1 Mechanic (Chicago Area)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Needs a Ls1 Mechanic (Chicago Area)

I need a LS1 mechanic to finish the work on my car and possible storage over the winter garage or whatever. My mechanic now has had my car for the past 3 months and is now giving me the run around. I had him swap the heads and exhaust but he is dragging his feet to finish and he has already been paid. The heads are on the car its just a matter of putting the other stuff back on and checking everything out. Not a rush to get it done because its winter here in Chicago, but I have other stuff I want to do to the car and want to get started. Later this winter I want to change rearend, lighten up the car etc.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would take it out to Straightline performance.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FBODY
I would take it out to Straightline performance.
I know the owner of the car and he is a standup guy. The mechanic that is working on his car is steady dragging his feet and im ready to go get the bats and pay him a visit. Seriously though the amount of work that needs to be done on his car isn't that much, a shop would POSSIBLY charge up the *** for the tow and the labor to complete the job.

My suggestion would be first go get your money back from the guy working on your car. Then call Straightline or Speedinc and discuss in detail what you need done and the total cost for the tow. Larry @ Speed or Mike @ Straightline would gladly do as much as possible to help you I would think.

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

thanks Ken

dferg99 : please email me what's needed or call me at the shop Monday to discuss

We have 15% off labor and tuning at this time as well

larry@speedinc.com

or

847-891-0767 x 116
Old 12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
I know the owner of the car and he is a standup guy. The mechanic that is working on his car is steady dragging his feet and im ready to go get the bats and pay him a visit. Seriously though the amount of work that needs to be done on his car isn't that much, a shop would POSSIBLY charge up the *** for the tow and the labor to complete the job.

My suggestion would be first go get your money back from the guy working on your car. Then call Straightline or Speedinc and discuss in detail what you need done and the total cost for the tow. Larry @ Speed or Mike @ Straightline would gladly do as much as possible to help you I would think.

Good luck!
Thats why you get AAA, I always have them tow my car out there even when it runs. Thats how I keep the miles down.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
thanks Ken

dferg99 : please email me what's needed or call me at the shop Monday to discuss

We have 15% off labor and tuning at this time as well

larry@speedinc.com

or

847-891-0767 x 116
No problem Larry
Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FBODY
Thats why you get AAA, I always have them tow my car out there even when it runs. Thats how I keep the miles down.
I think he has AAA if I'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply: Needs a Ls1 Mechanic (Chicago Area)