Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indianapolis guys!!! know any REALLY GOOD custom exhaust fabricators?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Indianapolis guys!!! know any REALLY GOOD custom exhaust fabricators?

i want to have a custom true dual under the axle system built for my SS. already have longtubes installed, need everything from the collector back done RIGHT for CME exhaust. im pretty particular about my car so i need a location that can do it right!!! thanks for any tips. james
Old 02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about shops but I have TSP TD's and they are awsome and come ready to install. Just an idea.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

I have the TSP True Duals as well and they are built pretty nice. If you wanted to save some time or some hassle, You could always buy the TSP TD's and cut off the turndowns and run pipes from there under the rear axle and up to the CMO Valance. Just an Idea as well.

As for any shops around to do True Duals, I don't really know of any places right off hand.

Good Luck with finding someone to do it. If you do, Please post back and let us know where you got it done at, and possibly post a few pics.

James
Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done them in the past and the cost is not cheap as I use mandrel bent stainless bends, x-pipe and mufflers. Each piece is cut fit, tacked and then TIG welded. Very time consuming.

I also use a panhard relocation bracket for the rear to gain enough clearance for both pipes to go in the stock area the single 3" goes.

The last setup I did was about 3 days worth of work using 2.5" pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, Magnaflow x-pipe and 4 stainless V-band clamps to be able to get it out of the car easily in pieces. This ended up being about $2500, but looked great, fit great and made good power.

Now if someone local has a mandrel bender and make it with slip fit connections it would most likely be quite a bit less.

Mike Norris
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, 2500 is a bit too much for me, although im sure your work would be worth it. what would your price be on a more basic system if i provided the tip (wanna use 6litereaters 3 inch CME). lets say,,, no cats, x pipe, sweet thunder mufflers, alum. pipe with the under axle routing with an emphasis on ground clearance?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try Heaven Bound Customs in Brookville.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under the axle routing and ground clearance are not usually used in the same sentence. I have worked on a few cars with under the axle routing and the biggest issue is getting the exhaust high enough but also allowing full travel of the axle. Some normally suspended cars would need 4" clearance where it goes under the axle and a lowered car would need 6" clearance. Even if you did get it to have proper clearance I would suspect it would look a bit odd.

Some tuck the exhaust about and inch from the axle and either did not think about axle travel or did not care about functionality. Everyone has a budget and I can respect that and folks should work within theirs. But I usually find that doing it once properly is cheaper then doing it cheap once and the redoing it.

If you want to get all of the parts I nwould go by time and any other needed materials based on $85 per hour. If it takes a full day (8-10 hours) It could be $680-850.

Hope this helps.

Mike Norris

Quick Reply: Indianapolis guys!!! know any REALLY GOOD custom exhaust fabricators?