Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indiana State Police, what the hell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If one of you guys ever have one of these stangs egging you on, honk your horn three times then slowly speed up, but not much more than the speed limit. I would LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trooper I know who drives the Mustang says that people will pull up right beside him, look over and take off. No egging on needed. He specifically does not try and egg anyone on, people drive like asses enough as it is.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly why I never "initiate" street races. I'll put people in their place when it is needed, but usually it's not worth the gas.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kevin99hoss
^ wow that crazy, its sad they need to try to hustle people into a street race to give people tickets
Thats how I feel man! It's BS if you ask me!

Originally Posted by jrob56
hahaha i could imagine myself in my car yelling dont do it man when the mustang was dicking with him. thats entrapment imo
lmao, I would do the same thing! hahaha Not to mention I'd be the 1 honking my horn and flashing my lights yelling "it's a cop" lol
Old 03-02-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Thats how I feel man! It's BS if you ask me!

lmao, I would do the same thing! hahaha Not to mention I'd be the 1 honking my horn and flashing my lights yelling "it's a cop" lol
They aren't hustling anybody. The ISP could broadcast in the paper, on the local news channels, post it the internet, and play it on the radio that they were going to be at a certain location clocking traffic and they could still write tickets all day for people doing at least 15 MPH over the posted speed limit. This notion that they have to egg people on is ridiculous. It's internet nonsense - just like the original poster claiming that they have a "brand new Cobra" when they in fact do not.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rcoers
They aren't hustling anybody. The ISP could broadcast in the paper, on the local news channels, post it the internet, and play it on the radio that they were going to be at a certain location clocking traffic and they could still write tickets all day for people doing at least 15 MPH over the posted speed limit. This notion that they have to egg people on is ridiculous. It's internet nonsense - just like the original poster claiming that they have a "brand new Cobra" when they in fact do not.
im not talking about speed limits, if what he posted about the cop next to the gto actually happened, speeding up and slowing down next to him. thats the lets go street race thing. thats entrapment. thats ******* with the guy in the goat, egging on a race.

now like you said i know there are plenty of cops that probably dont and im not saying they all do. if someone is dumb enough to just take off or start it themselves then they deserved it.

like i said earlier though, ive seen one tearin *** down a country road 44 to be exact no lights, most likely having fun in his toy. way over the speed limit and **** id get thrown in jail for. so before you stick up for all of them...make sure you know all of them...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

i drive 67 through mooresville and camby every day and haven seen him yet but ive seen pretty much every color and body package combo they come in with people pulled over, basically if its a newer mustang and you cant see the driver dont speed around it and def do not try to race it

i used to drive from mooresville to 71st street every day and saw them every day with ppl pulled over on 465 and 70 they are def the ones to look out for

save your racin for the track guys, i too drive in excess of the limit often but only when im alone on country roads, i dont street race
Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jrob56
im not talking about speed limits, if what he posted about the cop next to the gto actually happened, speeding up and slowing down next to him. thats the lets go street race thing. thats entrapment. thats ******* with the guy in the goat, egging on a race.

now like you said i know there are plenty of cops that probably dont and im not saying they all do. if someone is dumb enough to just take off or start it themselves then they deserved it.

like i said earlier though, ive seen one tearin *** down a country road 44 to be exact no lights, most likely having fun in his toy. way over the speed limit and **** id get thrown in jail for. so before you stick up for all of them...make sure you know all of them...
you're correct it is entrapment to get someone to commit a crime they would otherwise not commit without an officer of the law trying to get them to do so. that being said if you contest this it becomes his word against yours. this would be hard to prove in court. it's sad but it is the truth. if ya can't beat em, join em. then you will never get in trouble, lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rcoers
Well what I was getting at mainly is what JRob56 said. About the GTO incident, Thats my point.... It's BS on that cops behalf.
It is bullshit if they go out and intentionally try to get you to race them and then write you a ticket or impound the car and take you to jail for street racing. GRANTED you commited a crime, But thats still BS! IMO!
I happen to know a few police officers myself, and NOT ALL of them are like this. BUT you have some reall @$$holes out there that get away with some $hit, and thats bull! But there are also the cops who do their job and are not out there busting peoples ***** just because they are on a powertrip or b/c they are having a bad day!
Oh! & To show you I'm not against cops, My Brother is 1, and so is a couple good friends of mine. Just a little FYI!

Not trying to start an arguement here, Just want to state my oppinion.
Which is this... "If your dumb enough to street race, you deserve what you get! BUT If a cop anntagonizes you and your dumb enough to fall for it, It's BOTH OF YOUR GUYS' FAULT IMO." However the cop should be punished to for entrapment and commiting the same crime you did! And as for those just pulling up and taking off.... Well thats just Stupid! & Hell, I'm guilty of street racing, But I know what I'm up against if I get caught. It's what I will have to deal with if I choose to street race. You do the crime, and have to do the time!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
you're correct it is entrapment to get someone to commit a crime they would otherwise not commit without an officer of the law trying to get them to do so. that being said if you contest this it becomes his word against yours. this would be hard to prove in court. it's sad but it is the truth. if ya can't beat em, join em. then you will never get in trouble, lol.
o ya you would def get the shaft on this, unless you had one of 6le's great little camera mounts catching it. i want to pick one up and a nice cam with remote. anybody does any egging on press rec from the front seat and let the events unfold haha
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

good point and if it isn't a cop you have a great video of you smoking a stang to post all over the internet. I like the way you think, lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
good point and if it isn't a cop you have a great video of you smoking a stang to post all over the internet. I like the way you think, lol.
haha exactly, great minds think alike
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

i had a buddy get busted in his v6 mustang racin a unmarked crown vic he was drunk got arrested and beat it in court because the cop egged him on. im not saying he should have beat the case he was stupid for drinkin and drivin and deffinately shouldnt of even thought about racin a crown vic but it is possible to beat the case.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by millersta
i had a buddy get busted in his v6 mustang racin a unmarked crown vic he was drunk got arrested and beat it in court because the cop egged him on. im not saying he should have beat the case he was stupid for drinkin and drivin and deffinately shouldnt of even thought about racin a crown vic but it is possible to beat the case.
wait let me get this straight your buddy was drunk drving and then decided it was a good idea to race someone.... im gonna be honest ive been borderline before but ive never driven more carefully and wouldnt think of racing anything. and to top it off he was in a v6 mustang and raced a crown vic, i treat every crown vic like a cop....this story just blows me away...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Wow I did not think my story about the GTO tearing up the Mustang Interceptier was going to go over so big lol.
But yeah that really did happen and it was a couple of years ago about a month after the cops got the Mustangs if I recall right.
I was lucky as I was arming my nitrous to pull up beside the GTO, then saw the mustang in my rear view, and just played it safe and let him pass and sure enough it was a cop.

I thank we are all guilty of driving over the limit, racing, all the above. I have had my share of tickets I know. Its just one of the things that comes along with owning a sports car I guess.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

put a cage in the car and have a camera there to record the action. let the cop egg you on and have it on video and then display it in court for the judge to laugh at you and say that the video is a fake and still nail you for racing because Johnny Law can't do anything wrong.

If some new mustang pulled up next to the Cobra and want to race, I would brake boost do 3 honks and then nail the brakes and pull over. I wonder what the cop would do then. Would be the funniest thing ever and also be like on Back to the Future 2.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

LMAO! Thats a good 1 man!
I'm gonna try that sometime this year. haha

*Hey Ben, you wanna race? lol
First person to 0 mph wins!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Goats
Does these cops, driving these hot cars, try and egg someone into a race just to bust them for racing.
YES! I had a silver gt follow me all over TN reving up at me but I knew it was a cop.. A black and orange civic flew by us and he turned his blue lights on.. I couldnt stop laughing!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Love my tax dollars at work in nice Mustangs. When are they going to get the Camaro again?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

i know someone who also said they saw a blue and white GT500 have someone pulled over

Quick Reply: Indiana State Police, what the hell?