Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indiana State Police, what the hell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indiana State Police, what the hell?

Ok this might not be crazy to anyone else but just thought I would let yall know. I was coming home and on 67 (Kentucky Ave) I seen a state boy pull over someone in a Bran spankin new Shelby Cobra. It was blue with white racing stripes. I went like 10mph by it to make sure it was a Cobra. That is just nuts to me. They also have in this area a Gray and dark Blue GT. Just for yall heads up dont race stangs!! LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Didnt know they had a Cobra, but there are GT's all over the state. There is a Marron/Burgandy one that runs 37 and one other color one too...cant remember now. I have not ran an 05+ mustang since seeing this first time unless I talk with the guy first at a meet or something.

The gay thing is Ive seen the Maroon guy enjoying his car, tearin *** down 44 carvin up the corners. If he caught me doing that Im sure hed put the hurt on me.

They are tinted DARK too, you cant tell at all its a cop car...I hate cops sometimes...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate State cops period!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got hit by one this past october.. He was in a maroon 05+ Mustang GT, on highway 30. Ill never look at an 05+ the same again..
Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

hey now. some of em can be dicks but not all them are. you ever think that dealing with people on a day to day basis that don't want to deal with them makes them a little apprehensive to everyone? I know they need to learn to treat people as they are treated but it is hard for them to do when they are suspicious of everyone. Also, the ones that drive mustangs are the biggest ******** they write everyone they pullover a ticket no matter what. They got those cars because they write the most tickets every month.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was driving down 31 near south bend in my old work car (95 subaru wagon) back in early 08 when those hit the streets. ironically i heard a radio report about "18 new mustangs being let loose by ISP" and just as the broadcast ended i saw a silver mustang with someone pulled over on the opposite side of the road.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Teching In

yea....theres a few new gts around columbus, IN......all state boys...if u get pulled over by state more than likely a ticket is comin ur way....but most of them r cool.....i like columbus bc most of the cops know my car and they mess with me all the time about it being loud...lol....but its true though they deal with jackass's daily....ha...i always tell them there crown vics are junk and they laugh...its funny...most cops are car guys and then you get the one that got picked oon in high school......lets jus say ur screwed when that guy pulls ya over...hahahaha
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrob56
Didnt know they had a Cobra, but there are GT's all over the state. There is a Marron/Burgandy one that runs 37 and one other color one too...cant remember now. I have not ran an 05+ mustang since seeing this first time unless I talk with the guy first at a meet or something.

The gay thing is Ive seen the Maroon guy enjoying his car, tearin *** down 44 carvin up the corners. If he caught me doing that Im sure hed put the hurt on me.

They are tinted DARK too, you cant tell at all its a cop car...I hate cops sometimes...
ya there is also a blue one with white stripes that goes up n down 37 alot to
Old 03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's not a real Cobra, it just has the front end of one, so quit your whining.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 AM
11 Second Club

out by my dads they have 3-4 gt's and county has 2 camaros a maroon one and a silver one
Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Teching In

They have stripes now, so it might not be a real cobra.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know for a fact that it is not a Cobra, it's a GT with stripes and a Cobra front end and hood. Look at the wheels - stock GT wheels. You think the State would actually buy a $50,000 car? Get real.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rcoers
I know for a fact that it is not a Cobra, it's a GT with stripes and a Cobra front end and hood. Look at the wheels - stock GT wheels. You think the State would actually buy a $50,000 car? Get real.
No your wrong it was a GT500. It even had the seats. Like I said I slowed down to 15mph to look at it. It had every badge front, back, and rear. Hood, rear accent, front bumper, WHEELS etc. My whole moms side of the family is state boy's. You would be suprised what the State boy's got and can get for pretty cheap. Hell we dont know it could be a confiscated car that they turned into one. I have class at Ivy Tech in Camby tonight and that is right next door to the post for this area so I will see if I see it. When I see my cousin this weekend at drill I will ask him he is a state boy.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AlaskaBlack
No your wrong it was a GT500. It even had the seats. Like I said I slowed down to 15mph to look at it. It had every badge front, back, and rear. Hood, rear accent, front bumper, WHEELS etc. My whole moms side of the family is state boy's. You would be suprised what the State boy's got and can get for pretty cheap. Hell we dont know it could be a confiscated car that they turned into one. I have class at Ivy Tech in Camby tonight and that is right next door to the post for this area so I will see if I see it. When I see my cousin this weekend at drill I will ask him he is a state boy.
You want to put money on it? I've got a $100 that says you're dead wrong. In fact, I know the trooper who drives it. You still think you're right?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Does these cops, driving these hot cars, try and egg someone into a race just to bust them for racing.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah! Thats what they were given to the police to do.

They are mainly just to catch speeders, and at the same time blend in with the other cars on the road as well as (like you said) egg people on to racing and then busting them.

Ghey! lol
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

I was just reading through this and it reminded me of when those Mustang's came out here in Indiana.

I was going to Plymouth on day, I was in my Camaro when I came up to a yellow GTO with a plated that said BOOSTED (or something like that). So I am thinking of getting up on him a little bit to see what he's got.
Before I went to pass the GTO, I checked my mirror and seen this silver GT coming up fast. So Remembering about the new state boy's mustangs I decieded to back off until I knew what it was.
The Mustang came around me. Sure enough it was a cop. Then he got up in with his nose right shright across on the GTO's bumper in the oppisite lane.
He is messing around a bit going up and backing off.
This must of got the GTO's drivers attitenion because the GTO just nailed it and tore off! Oh and there was some boost action going on because you could hear it!
After the GTO had about 8-10 cars on the stang, I see the light come on. But the GTO never lifted and just keep her down! He pulled buses on the cop and then turned off and tore off again.
I would like to think that the GTO got away but with a easy to read plate like it had, I doubt it. I am sure they just radioed him in.

That was a couple of years ago.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z/YA
I was just reading through this and it reminded me of when those Mustang's came out here in Indiana.

I was going to Plymouth on day, I was in my Camaro when I came up to a yellow GTO with a plated that said BOOSTED (or something like that). So I am thinking of getting up on him a little bit to see what he's got.
Before I went to pass the GTO, I checked my mirror and seen this silver GT coming up fast. So Remembering about the new state boy's mustangs I decieded to back off until I knew what it was.
The Mustang came around me. Sure enough it was a cop. Then he got up in with his nose right shright across on the GTO's bumper in the oppisite lane.
He is messing around a bit going up and backing off.
This must of got the GTO's drivers attitenion because the GTO just nailed it and tore off! Oh and there was some boost action going on because you could hear it!
After the GTO had about 8-10 cars on the stang, I see the light come on. But the GTO never lifted and just keep her down! He pulled buses on the cop and then turned off and tore off again.
I would like to think that the GTO got away but with a easy to read plate like it had, I doubt it. I am sure they just radioed him in.

That was a couple of years ago.
hahaha i could imagine myself in my car yelling dont do it man when the mustang was dicking with him. thats entrapment imo
Old 03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ wow thats crazy, its sad they need to try to hustle people into a street race to give people tickets

Last edited by kevin99hoss; 03-02-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Indiana State Police, what the hell?