Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone race RC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone race RC?

I'm in Champaign IL and work at Hobbico. I started racing RC soon after I started working there, and I gotta say its AWESOME! The people are always nice and willing to help out, and its always a good time. Its also very addicting.

If anyone else races RC let me know! Would love to get together with some fellow F-body enthusiasts for some RC racing!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont race but im into the rc hobby, i have a brand new e-maxx, not the brushless, and im upgrading it here and there, i bought it from towerhobbies.com, and you guys kick ***, super fast service some of the best prices around

i would like to race on a track, never have though right now im getting used to the truck fine tuning the suspension its getting expensive fast! where is there a track down there
Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm hoping to get to some races this year with my Revo, the monster truck classes are very small around here though, I may have to goto a buggy to have fun in a class though.

I ran a practice session last year at Lesiure Hours Track and loved it. Probably going to try and make it out there on Friday for indoor track practice if I can get the truck back together. Did a total teardown and cleanup, changed diff fluids, resealed diffs; just need to try and get it together tonight..
Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

I us to race but have since moved on to other hobbies. I wanna sell my set up. t-maxx revo stadium truck with all the extras ,box, tires ,rims,parts charger fuel ,bAttery packs and more. If interested in this pm me and we can talk. Want this stuff gone.

Eric
Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM
9 Second Club

I have a Revo 3.3 that I run dont race it just because there is no track close to me.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FLP
I'm hoping to get to some races this year with my Revo, the monster truck classes are very small around here though, I may have to goto a buggy to have fun in a class though.

I ran a practice session last year at Lesiure Hours Track and loved it. Probably going to try and make it out there on Friday for indoor track practice if I can get the truck back together. Did a total teardown and cleanup, changed diff fluids, resealed diffs; just need to try and get it together tonight..

no ****, i was looking at the e-revo before i bought my e-maxx, i love the e-maxx, right now im wating on parts to come in i jumped the truck like 2 feet in the air and it was not a good landing to say the least

so where is this track you go to?? im in cicero far from me??
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by switches
I us to race but have since moved on to other hobbies. I wanna sell my set up. t-maxx revo stadium truck with all the extras ,box, tires ,rims,parts charger fuel ,bAttery packs and more. If interested in this pm me and we can talk. Want this stuff gone.

Eric

oh really?? im starting a new job on monday so could have the money soon, have any pics of said truck??
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

I've got a E-Revo Brushless edition. Most tracks will let you race them with the electric truggys.

As far as tracks go, here is the list of ones I have been to
RJD Raceway in Lincoln
JTec Racing in Danville
Dewey's RC in Springfield

Leisure Hours is in Joliet is one of the biggest ones, still havent made it up there, but plan on going this year.

I'll be at RJD in Lincoln tomorrow night if anyone else is interested. Its electric indoor racing, I'm racing a Traxxas Slash.

Just got all the stuff for my 1/8 scale nitro, hope to have it up and running next week
Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

joleit is about a hour from me, all the other ones are 2-3 hours away to far for me to drive during the week
i dunno if i wanna go to a track yet im still "learning" and am a born again virgin to the rc world,
Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

i dont race but i have an older tmax that needs an engine... when i got my ss i kinda droped out of the rc stuff... wouldnt mind fixin it up and playin a bit.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:00 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

I race at Lesiure Hour with my son, GREAT TRACK!!!! We race 8th nitro buggy and truggy, Losi 8 2.0

It's a great time! It makes the winter go by WAY quicker.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

I bought a Revo about 4-5 years ago. Ran it for a year and thing has sat since. Might have to go tinker with it and see if it still runs lol. Any tips from nitro powered people?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be getting another savage soon and would like to hit some tracks. I've heard there is a few near me. I had my old one at a BMX track and didnt land a 35 footer...ended up breaking the motor mount which also cracked the block
Savage 25 with an X body

Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 AM
Launching!

a good friend of mine races seriously. he races at most of the big national events. i cant remember who hes drivin for right now tho. he started a graphic design company and does a lot of work with rc. he makes full vinyl wraps for the bodies. he has wraps for controllers, starter boxes, etc. he designs some pretty crazy stuff thats in magazines world wide. pm me if ya want his website.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Teching In

I don't really race them, but I have a 2wd slash, an older stampede that hit 63mph before I blew the esc. And my newest addiction is scale and comp rock crawlers.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Launching!

i have a BUILT savage and am a high flyer for Team RCMX. i've done many double and triple backflips over busses, random stuff and even a plane lol. We also do parade, and monster jams!

I also mod engine's, i've built some nasty ported axial .28's and am currently running a ported 5.9. lol

i'll see if i can find some old vid's.

Teamrcmx.com
Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I'm racing Lesiure hour tomorrow @ 9:00
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to run a 50+ mph brushless converted T-Maxx (5S Lipo/Mamba/Feigao) and then a 65+ mph brushless LiPo AE B44 after that. Currently building an AE Nitro TC3 converted to brushless/Lipo. I love brushless/LiPo..

In the past I've run: AE RC10CE, RC10B2, RC10B3, RC10B4, RC10DS, RC10T, RC10TC3 and RC10T2. See a pattern?

Also have a helicopter I'm still learning on.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

I've still got to break it in, but my 1/8 scale Nito buggy is ready to go.
Looks like I will be racing at RJD Raceway in Lincoln, and probably Leisure Hours.