Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone from or familiar w/ Bloomington-Normal, IL?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from or familiar w/ Bloomington-Normal, IL?

Its seems like a nice place from the couple times I been down there and Im moving there this summer and going to Illinois State uni for a couple years. Anyone have any experiences w/ the cops due to loud exhaust or anything? Also if anyone knows what octane gas is available down there Id appreciate it.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm at ISU every once and while, gas is the same down there as it is in the city, 87,89,93. As for the police I have no idea, I have never had my car there but I do know the parking there sucks. I have seen a couple of fbodies down there but not very many.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

Lol yeah Ive had to ditch my car in some random parking lot next to a McDonalds when I went down there. Thanks for the info man.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking is TERRIBLE down there unless you can park in a lot. I have to park down the street 2 blocks when I see my girl.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

The police have their days when it comes to loud exhaust. Most of the time they leave you alone unless you are being obnoxious. Just be sensible and you'll be fine.

I've crusied with a couple guys in town that are on LS1Tech and they were easy going. I don't get out to cruise much anymore....trying to race my quad whenever I can. There's a bunch of guys on www.CICENET.NET, but not many f-bodies.

When you get in the area, ping me and some of us can try to set something up if you want.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cops arnt to bad unless your messing around. Seems the eye imports more than anything else.

Parking is alot better now that they updated uptwon normal.

You can get 93 and E85 down here.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WFOWS6_IL
The police have their days when it comes to loud exhaust. Most of the time they leave you alone unless you are being obnoxious. Just be sensible and you'll be fine.

I've crusied with a couple guys in town that are on LS1Tech and they were easy going. I don't get out to cruise much anymore....trying to race my quad whenever I can. There's a bunch of guys on www.CICENET.NET, but not many f-bodies.

When you get in the area, ping me and some of us can try to set something up if you want.
Appreciate it! There's some badass cars on that site.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

I was at ISU for 3 years, the only trouble I had with the cops is they kept giving me crap for my front windows being tinted (20%).
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Teching In

I have never had an issue with cops in Bloomington, but every time I go there I always get someone in a mini van or some piece of crap 4 cylinder trying to race me.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

lol as I read that like 4 idiot isu friends of mine who could fit that description popped in my head.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Most people would ask about the crime rate, local attractions, property tax, road situations, traffic, jobs, etc...

Only on a car forum website would someone who started a Neighborhood Scope-out thread be only concerned about gas availability and police involvement...
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol well and he's a student looking to bring his car down.

LT1T/A, I go to ISU and actually just left today to work at home over the summer. I have true duals and would cruise around there every now and then, give it some gas on Veteran's (long 6 lane road)... no problems. There are a ton of cops though from Normal PD to Bloomington PD to ISUPD to State Police. You just gotta pay attention and know there's plenty of empty country backroads to have fun on.

Like WFOWS6 said hit us up in the Fall to cruise. CICENET has meets every Thursday but they have a lot of imports and mustangs among the nicer rides.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHRRRIS
Like WFOWS6 said hit us up in the Fall to cruise. CICENET has meets every Thursday but they have a lot of imports and mustangs among the nicer rides.
For sure man!

Quick Reply: Anyone from or familiar w/ Bloomington-Normal, IL?