Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Thinking of moving to Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat.. I will be moving back home to the Melrose Park/Northlake/Westchester area really soon! My car is also under construction so i don't have to worry about that! What's around for jobs guys? I will do just about anything!

Vince
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 94lt105
I'm in the same boat.. I will be moving back home to the Melrose Park/Northlake/Westchester area really soon! My car is also under construction so i don't have to worry about that! What's around for jobs guys? I will do just about anything!

Vince
Just about anything??

You could always work on a street corner along N. Halsted

for those of you who don't know... N. Halsted is theheadquarters of Chicago

In all seriousness though... like everywhere I have heard of, the job market here is really tough right now. I have heard of some places having 2 openings for about a $15/hr job and having over 400 applicants
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it'll be cool for about the first 2 years...then you'll think differently. Snow is something those of us from Texas just dont really see that often outside of a vacation. When its 2 feet deep in your driveway and you have to shovel it...or blow it...it gets old. I'm done with the sub 0 winters, i wan to wear shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas
Old 10-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ryle
Just about anything??

You could always work on a street corner along N. Halsted

for those of you who don't know... N. Halsted is theheadquarters of Chicago

In all seriousness though... like everywhere I have heard of, the job market here is really tough right now. I have heard of some places having 2 openings for about a $15/hr job and having over 400 applicants

Ha Ha ya i know where that is! I might have to do that lol! ya i'm sure the market isn't very good ight now, just like everywhere else in this fucked up world we live in!

Vince
Old 10-23-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont move to cook county, some of the highest taxes, my taxes on my house are over 3k and going up , smokes out here are close to 10 bucks!!! if you dont have a garage parking on the street is like russian roulette, which person will play bumper cars with my car today

if anything is expiered BOOM!! ticket after ticket, my gxp has been keyed twice egged twice, the gangs in chicago, latin kings, 22 boys, and much more, i see drug activity on a daily basis, the cold sucks *****, months of negative weather, 2 feet of snow, and if you commute to work holy ******* ****!!! in the winter expect at least 2 hours to get home

i live in cicero and work in joliet, and the traffic sucks people cant drive i swear its so bad and its usaaly some dumbass on the phone in the left lane, lol ggrrrrrrrrrrrr

move out side the city south burbs north burbs there is allot to do in the city all the clubs sports museums im ready to move to schererville with my fiance, cheaper better no crime