Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Thinking of moving to Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of moving to Illinois

Whats up fellas? Im thinking of relocating to the chicago area. Probably Auroa. Just looking to see if there were any fellow f-body guys in the area. Also whats around the area to do? thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
Im thinking of relocating to the chicago area.
Don't You Do It!

But I can't really say too much, since I don't know what you do or if you're going to be working i the "Actual City"(60601). If so ,move to Hammond/Muncie/Scherriville Indiana and commute.

I WILL say this though, Aurora is boring. Really...it sucks.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

well, i dont guess i would have to move to Aurora, its just where my jobs home office is at. I wanted to be some what close. I was in the rolling meadows, palatine area last weekend. I work for Feld Motorsports by the way.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well there's plenty of stuff to do depending on what your interests are
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

well obviously im into the f-body scene. I work for Feld motorsports as a tech official for monster jam. Really im down for anything.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the suburbs and there's a decent amount to do, plenty of car shows. Monster Jam usually takes place at All State Arena which is maybe 25 minutes from the Northwest Suburbs.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

i usually work alot of the stadium shows. I cant wait to hit up some car shows though.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well obviously im into the f-body scene. I work for Feld motorsports as a tech official for monster jam. Really im down for anything.
it's october, we've got maybe 3-4 weeks left of car stuff before everyone puts their car away for ~ 4-5 months. Living up here sucks in the winter! hell most of the weekly car shows have already ended here in indiana. of 5 or 6 i would go to, i think there are maybe 2 weekly ones left going.

oh and the traffic and high cost of living is pretty crappy too.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

well the winters im looking forward to. I've only seen snow maybe 4 or 5 times in my life lol. I will miss being able to drive my car year-round. Not that it matters anyways, my car is currently under construcion.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's decent up here, but I will say that I have actually looked into moving to Texas and the cost of living is substantially higher here from what I have researched. But the wages are also slightly higher.

The summer time is pretty nice here. there is almost always something going on car wise every week/weekend. The racing scene here is pretty intense, especially the closer you get to the city. If you want to get to know some of the heavy hitters around here check out ChitownRacing.com

It's funny, you want to see snow... and I'd be happy never seeing it again for the rest of my life

Either way, If you decide to relocate up here, drop me a line. always up for meeting a fellow f-body owner/enthusiest/addict
Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ryle
It's decent up here, but I will say that I have actually looked into moving to Texas and the cost of living is substantially higher here from what I have researched. But the wages are also slightly higher.

The summer time is pretty nice here. there is almost always something going on car wise every week/weekend. The racing scene here is pretty intense, especially the closer you get to the city. If you want to get to know some of the heavy hitters around here check out ChitownRacing.com

It's funny, you want to see snow... and I'd be happy never seeing it again for the rest of my life

Either way, If you decide to relocate up here, drop me a line. always up for meeting a fellow f-body owner/enthusiest/addict
snow sucks, SALT sucks, winter SUCKS!

i'm one of those weirdo's who wears t shirts and shorts year round (remember bowling last march? lol) and i would rather live in the south.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Hell yeah for sure, its not a done deal yet but it looks pretty solid. Its funny how poeple from different regions have different taste lol. I absolutley had texas summers. They are no joke. I think the hottest day we had this past summer was 118 degrees. I will be looking forward to the relocation.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeah for sure, its not a done deal yet but it looks pretty solid. Its funny how poeple from different regions have different taste lol. I absolutley had texas summers. They are no joke. I think the hottest day we had this past summer was 118 degrees. I will be looking forward to the relocation.
I moved up here from DFW area 5 years ago, and I'll take a TX summer any day over the winters up here. You can come buy my newly renovated house in un-incorporated Elwood, right across the street from Route 66 raceway, and I'll move my happy *** back to Dallas .

BTW-I was there on that 118* day, and the A/C on my truck quit on the way down. So yes, it was hot.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, i love Texas dont get me wrong. I just want a change of scenery, plus it would be close to my jobs home office which be awesome. I love winter as well, i know its cold up there but ill give it a try.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I hate the winters so much that i sometimes don't leave the house for 5-6 days at a time other than to get the mail. I hate driving in snow, and there really isn't anywhere to go anyway. I tend to kind of hibernate in the winter, lol.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

If I never saw snow again for the rest of my life, it would be WAAAAY too soon. If I lived for 40,000 years and never saw snow, that would STILL be too soon. I have considered starting an oil slick around my house to feed a continual flame all winter to melt snow before it can stick. That's how much I hate snow.

Having said that, Chicago weather can be really nice from April through October. However, May to September is usually the best time. The remainder of the year is ****, weather-wise.

I agree with the winter hibernation routine. I pretty much just want to remove myself from everything and remain in a fetal position in my bed for about 4 months.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If I never saw snow again for the rest of my life, it would be WAAAAY too soon. If I lived for 40,000 years and never saw snow, that would STILL be too soon. I have considered starting an oil slick around my house to feed a continual flame all winter to melt snow before it can stick. That's how much I hate snow.

Having said that, Chicago weather can be really nice from April through October. However, May to September is usually the best time. The remainder of the year is ****, weather-wise.

I agree with the winter hibernation routine. I pretty much just want to remove myself from everything and remain in a fetal position in my bed for about 4 months.
yeah if i could take a drug for say $100 that would put me to sleep for 4 months from about mid november to mid march, i'd be all for it

then again, 2 winters ago we had enough snow on the 5th of April that i saw the snow plows going up and down the street (at least they weren't salting)

I don't drive my T/A in winter since it's a southern car. that and the factory equiped 10w30 rustproofing my car has keeps it nice under there (by 10w30 rustproofing of course i mean the constant oil splatter from the common LT1 oil leaks, lol)
Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

thats awesome. I dont think it will be too bad for me. I will only be in town monday through wednesday, then i fly out to my next event. That lasts until april. I think im going to enjoy it regardless.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Illinois sux. High sales tax, soaring property taxes, high cost of living, crooked politicians, liberals, cold snowy winters and all the salt that comes with it, traffic congestion, crime (mainly in the Chicago area), etc.... Come to think about it, why the hell am I still living here
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

^ 2!!!!