Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Wisconsin Dells Automotion 2011 - May 20-22

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I've had it up in the dells but it was back when it was still 454 powered. Hoping to bring it up to the dells on the 4th of july.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be up there, think at the Diamond Hotel. Waiting on injectors and then have to tune and dial my car in... whole new combo and setup. Hopefully everything pans out and I can take it up there... everything goes right i'll be in this------>

Theres probably going to be like 10 of them like mine that all look the same always is...lol... Mines the quiet one with the hood stickers everyone laughs at (cause its quiet)... oh well.. that was the old combo anyways... looking for a couple hundred more now.

Since Marleys moved... does anyone know if another place has opened in the old building? Sucks cause thats where the party was at night.... not sure where its going to be now. ??
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

^ VERY nice, PWRTRIP! I bet the guys who laugh aren't laughing long

MARLEYS MOVED??????? WTF, that is news to me? That does suck. That place was a riot after the streets died down. Maybe we can move the party to Cruisin Chubbys....hehe.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

That does suck about Marley's. If anyone knows of any other bars worth going to, post em up. That was like the "go to" spot.
Sounds like a pretty wild ride pwrtrip75. Im looking forward to seeing it in person. Ive heard some pretty discusting stories about the Diamond Hotel, hopefully you guys get a good room. Although you don't spend much time in the hotel anyways so it probably wont matter, but the floor might be cleaner to sleep on than the beds.
Really looking forward to the weekend. Ill be leaving Green Bay at about 3:30, so hopefully I should be there by 6ish. Cruise the strip a couple times and hit the bars. Bart Scott said it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo
Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

There are a couple decent bars downtown....like Nigs, but Nigs is always f'n packed...uncomfortably so. Hmm...
Old 05-12-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya, Marleys moved to Lake Delton by the Kalahari right off the interestate, .. you'd have to drive a ways... Always was nice to walk. Downtown the bars are small and ya.... super packed. Maybe there will be some cool hotel partys? ..
Ha.. ya the Diamond is a real Gem... cheap and ya... where never in the room anyways except after bar time.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets just hope the weather holds out. according to the extended forecast its gonna **** on us...a lot can change though
Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 AM
11 Second Club

Have to hit up show boats. Fun bar but packed of course. Nothing's in the old Marley's building. One reason I'm staying downtown this year. Walk to all the bars. But there are tons of shuttles that will take u to marleys
Old 05-15-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about 60 miles away. Funny story , one year a bunch of us drove down, one guy had a 50's chevy with a straight 6, being bored we thought hey that exhaust manifold looks like it gets pretty hot..so we made a hotdish in a foil pan...wired it to the exhaust and cooked it on the way....best meal I ever had.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Im actually going down there on vacation thurs - sat and maybe possibly Saturday night. I completely forgot about this event till a buddy told me. Hoping to hit up the car show on saturday, but the car probably wont be my transportation then. I will probably be driving my truck. Hope to see some sweet cars and other fbodys though.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Going to be there friday to sun, will have the ladys green LT1. Should be a blast, I wont be driving

Pwrtrip - Gotta take the T/A. Be a nice break-in none the less
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ugh...in the course of 3 days, my battery on the truck went completely...and I mean COMPLETELY dead, and my air-ride is not responding to any inputs from the controller. Awesome. Looks like I have some thrashing ahead of me this week....

I will be there in a turbocharged rig, one way or another...if it's my 69, or my Dmax, or my brothers GN...

Anybody want to meet up for some Pizza Pub for lunch on Saturday? F'n love that place.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

^^ wow perfect timing for issues. hopefully you get her up and running again. was looking forward to seeing it.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

I cannot wait for this weekend. Where is a meet up going to be. I think out by crusin chubbys saturday afternoon where they have all the burnouts would be a great spot.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

when did the burnouts start last year? i was there midway through but wasnt sure when they started those
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

I'll be up there on Friday evening. I don't have my turbo Camaro anymore so I'm bringing the Cobra. Maybe I'll drop in on you guys.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by josepy121380
I cannot wait for this weekend. Where is a meet up going to be. I think out by crusin chubbys saturday afternoon where they have all the burnouts would be a great spot.
The meet up is going to be at 7:00pm on Sat. evening in the huge lot next to the big trojan horse right on the main strip. Ill have details where the races will be by then.
Although I might check out the burnouts Sat. afternoon, or at least hit up crusin chubbys.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thegodfather899
^^ wow perfect timing for issues. hopefully you get her up and running again. was looking forward to seeing it.
Luckily, I got it squared away last night. Taking it on a cruise tonight to shake it out before Automotion. See you there

Originally Posted by josepy121380
As GBCamaro said above, a bunch of LSx (and maybe some turbo buick guys) are meeting up at the Trojan Horse near Big Chief Go-Karts at 7pm on Saturday.

I definitely would like to go check out the burnouts too...hell, if you wait around long enough on the strip, you usually get a pretty good show.

Originally Posted by sworaz
I'll be up there on Friday evening. I don't have my turbo Camaro anymore so I'm bringing the Cobra. Maybe I'll drop in on you guys.
Definitely swing by. I think most of us here appreciate a fast car, regardless of what it is.

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
The meet up is going to be at 7:00pm on Sat. evening in the huge lot next to the big trojan horse right on the main strip. Ill have details where the races will be by then.
Although I might check out the burnouts Sat. afternoon, or at least hit up crusin chubbys.
^ THIS.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Compressor Surge

Definitely swing by. I think most of us here appreciate a fast car, regardless of what it is.
^^agreed
Old 05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fastGBcamaro
Ok I am guessing at 7pm our group will be going to eat but who knows. I want to try and swing by. Sounds like a good time.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Dells Automotion 2011 - May 20-22