Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

41 sat nov 5th purdue

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull ups? I just gradumacated to those too!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Guys, I honestly thought he was a 1st timer and just trying to help.
If I knew he was a brainwashed groupie I would not have bothered.
No biggie, but like I always say, when you get treated like crap, ripped off, or hurt,
don't ever come back and bitch & moan, because you were told!!!
The rest of you, I'll see you at Byron, Union Grove or Cordova!!

Race safe everyone.

I am with ya MrDragster, just trying to inform and not influence. I have been going there for the last three years and driven a low 9 second BBC 68 camaro to my 11 second street car there, last time I went I damn near hit the wall just off the pad when my N20 kicked in. I have seen 13 sec cars do burn outs all the way down the track cause of shitty prep. I overheard a conversation up there the week after the Chi town race that really concerned me, and proves the point, it was stated that nobody will shut me down because there are too many fu*%ing idiots that need a place to race there junk, if somebody wrecks thats why they sign a fu*$ing waiver...
I for one have missed going up there to run, but unless we pull together and force him to shut down so somebody that gives a crap about the racers takes over and runs the place like it should be, that will just keep smiling every time you give him money...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Teching In

I am fine with some good help and like I said if I could take my car some wear and run it with out being bitch at and told to slow it down or leave I would never said I like that track every thing over priced and its a **** hole but till I deside to make my car a race car its only track street cars can go to to race or its back to race on the street well there prep little better then county rd but thanks for the negative bashing win all u no of me is nothing but a few post some of the people I no don't have the money two trailer hour and a half to three hours sorry I try to get them to go there and race instead of county rd they are racing on my bad
Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Ok, you can't fix stupid, and as mentioned, I was honestly trying to inform you of what has been going on.
The 1st post does not say what kind of car, or how fast you are,
plus you had very little posts, so I was just trying to help.

And if there are more then 5 guys on this entire forum with bigger, big boys pants then me,
I'll eat my hat, unless your calling me a liar about what car's I race???

Besides the fact, I was not telling anyone what to do, but the guy is a POS thief,
and anyone that keeps handing him money should know that!!

Plain & simple if you know that, and don't care, so be it!!
I won't bother you again, that's what they make the block moron setting for!!!

Me racing one of my "4" racecars Sunday, when you get the *****, and can afford to keep up, look me up someday!!
For the record, don't call until you can run 1.00's 60', or don't waste my time!!

Thanks for the back up Twizted, obviously I tried to help another clueless lemming!!

Is this all you do? You have made your threads knocking NLR and that's your opinion, but to come into someone elses thread and continue with it? Pretty sad and pathetic in my book.

Now, i'm not anywhere as quick as your car, but i have never had a problem getting down the track with any of my cars or my dads. Even on T&T days, no problem with traction on 9 and 10 second cars.

So maybe you should quit trolling around on an LSX site since you stated previously that your project didn't pan out, quit butting into other members posts and bump your own posts up if you want all the world to see your opinions. NLR is what it is. It is NOT a world class facility. It does NOT always have the appropriate safety items. It IS a close, local track. It IS family friendly. It IS a local track that I do not want to see go under, especially with the crap weather that we have had this season. NHRA will not be there anytime soon, but I will and many others.

I'm just saying
Old 10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

If you read his first post, all that was said is that he might want to reconsider as he thought OP was a newbie...

I would have thought the same thing by reading his first well thought out and articulated run on sentence. OP came back with an ignorant post..... But I guess thats ok.

I thought thats what a public forum is about. Trying to give help and advice to fellow members with the same intrests. No need for name calling and bullshit. It was never about poor prep to begin with.

Although I have never made the trip to 41, which is only a little further than some other tracks, I have never wanted to either based on this forum and advice from other members with more knowledge than I have about that track.

As for family oriented? Maybe some would want to bring them to a track like that, but I wouldnt want my daughter watching or hearing some of the stuff that goes on at a place like that. I have been trying hard to keep her interested in racing, and passing that side down. But I would want her racing in the safest environment possible....

Just saying.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would you want another drag strip to close down? US 41 has always been good to me and I know many other that it is still their favorite track.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

A very wise man once said,

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

I believe in that, and try to live by that. I personally, friends and others have been and continue to be ripped off
by POS crooks every damn day, and I'm sick of it.
Everyone, including the groupies that think this POS is some big shot, know he's a liar & a thief.
Hell they post it all the time and still go give him their money??
I will never get it, it makes absolutely no sense!!
If I know of something going on, I will not allow someone else to be hurt, cheated, or unaware.
No matter how many brainwashed morons are tired of listening!!
Block the damn account, and you will never have to think about something this serious again,
and you can go blindly on your merry way.

The guy had no posts, I didn't say one bad word, I asked a very simple question.
If he would have said I know everything, I read everything, I was there recently, whatever??
My post would have been, be careful, good luck, race safe!!

Someone said don't go, so I posted the links.
I don't tell people don't go, I show people who they are giving their hard earned money to.
If they go so be it, I don't need to understand, as long as they are informed, I can live with that.
Now if they go, crash, get hurt, or cheated, and I said nothing, then it's partly my fault,
and I can't and won't live like that.
So all the little lemmings running around, probably born after I started working on cars,
can say or call me anything they want, but when someone is killed, or the track closes because of the safety issues,
and the money issues, don't blame us!!

This is for 98 directly.
Let me get this straight, I'm a car guy, have been working on racecars since the late 60's, driving racecars since '82.
So I should not be allowed to help guys on a car forum??
I only post in the Midwest section, where I live, the N2O section, which I know a little about,
and the racing section, which I have been doing for a week or 2??
Yes, I have never owned anything other then one LSX block (sold before using) in my life.
Does it matter that I get PM's weekly asking me racing or area questions,
or should I say can't help you I don't own a LS car??
Nobody has ever asked me a LS question. I do have a little knowledge that other don't.
I also own 3 F-body's sitting in my shop right this second.
Not everyone here has or wants a LS car.
They do have several sections with nothing to do with LS applications.

Also if you for one second think this has anything to do with the racing surface, you are truly clueless.
This is about a proven liar & thief, that treats people like crap, if you are not one of his lemmings!!
And trust me, he has turned on his friends in an instant, when they didn't jump when he said!!
This is about saving our track in the long term, not for a year, not for illegal street racers only.
This is about having it thrive for everyone, being treated as a paying customer should be treated,
and not handing money to a dirt bag, that could care less about your safety & well being.
Plain & simple, it has never been about the racing surface.
That is just one of many many symptoms of the problem.

Sorry guys, I got a little long.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 123clemans
I am fine with some good help and like I said if I could take my car some wear and run it with out being bitch at and told to slow it down or leave I would never said I like that track every thing over priced and its a **** hole but till I deside to make my car a race car its only track street cars can go to to race or its back to race on the street well there prep little better then county rd but thanks for the negative bashing win all u no of me is nothing but a few post some of the people I no don't have the money two trailer hour and a half to three hours sorry I try to get them to go there and race instead of county rd they are racing on my bad
Is the county road u race on happen to b 800
Old 10-20-2011, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

Good luck racing when you go and be safe.... Have a lot of fun...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Teching In

There a lot 800 what town.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Teching In

And thanks 98 always do
Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 123clemans
There a lot 800 what town.
South of tippy mall

Off of 52
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Teching In

No not yet
Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

After racing there for the past 5+ years, I under stand MrDragsters Opinion and agree to most of it. Yes 41 is the local track, Yes it could probably have better management/track crew. Could be a great place for racers and fans but, management only seems to care about keeping there pockets FAT!!!....Definite yes on the safety needing a serious upgrade from non existant...

We as racers Spend our hard earned money to go faster, add/update safety equipment as the cars get faster and to win events for the adrenaline rush. 41 management has put maybe $100 of OUR hard earned money back into the facility in the past 5 years. We the racers, are what draw the spectators to the track and I find it pretty shitty that I had to pay a extra $10 parking fee for my car last Ultimate Shooout even tho I was a racer not a spectator....

The bad, it is our local track!!!! We want it to grow, have safety equipment as needed and have the stands packed. Well if you have been there lately the place just does not have the fan base anymore due to the **** poor grounds.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ski23
After racing there for the past 5+ years, I under stand MrDragsters Opinion and agree to most of it. Yes 41 is the local track, Yes it could probably have better management/track crew. Could be a great place for racers and fans but, management only seems to care about keeping there pockets FAT!!!....Definite yes on the safety needing a serious upgrade from non existant...

We as racers Spend our hard earned money to go faster, add/update safety equipment as the cars get faster and to win events for the adrenaline rush. 41 management has put maybe $100 of OUR hard earned money back into the facility in the past 5 years. We the racers, are what draw the spectators to the track and I find it pretty shitty that I had to pay a extra $10 parking fee for my car last Ultimate Shooout even tho I was a racer not a spectator....

The bad, it is our local track!!!! We want it to grow, have safety equipment as needed and have the stands packed. Well if you have been there lately the place just does not have the fan base anymore due to the **** poor grounds.
I think you hit the nail on the head, this is what we are all trying to say but in our own ways...
I think that they are trying to solely run the track for profit instead of doing it for the passion of our sport and the safety of the racers..
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Thanks guys, we need more people with a clue to spread the word.
Again, all I did was try to help a guy with no posts and he turned out to be a keyboard coward, tough guy, oh well.
All you can do is try, so everyone is at least informed what has been going on down there!!

Again, to each their own, and when something happens, you were warned!!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Whats wrong with IRP?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

U still going Sunday ?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mrdragster1970 before you go calling people cowards, you better know the person you are talking about a little better.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Would it kill you to use a ******* period, clemans? Or even any proper grammar at all? I can't even read your posts because they give me a headache.

All dragster was doing is letting you know what's up with the track and the shady ***** running it. Personally, I will not give any of those greedy **** bags my money ever again. This is the reason that the racing scene sucks dick because people keep giving their money to ******** that don't do what the **** they're supposed to as far as racing events along with a shitload of other things but that is irrelevant.