Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where are all the oklahoma guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living the dream of Oklahoma... Sweating like crazy lol. You in the military?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burnstacp
Crap! I already sent some rims to someone else in the lol. Guess I'll measure them real quick.
They are 9.5 fronts, your good with a 275 all day man. I double checked the link I posted from OE & the set for 18's are 10.5 rear/9.5 fronts.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah I checked yesterday. I'll be running a 265 or 275. Firestone in post is having a sale so I'm getting RE760s up front with 305/35 555R drag radials in the rear. I'm so ready to be able to pass people in something other than third gear or higher lol. Even just rolling into boost in second gear it's getting sideways.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Damn dude, so have you got new numbers since you got the exhaust leak fixed?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Teching In

No not yet. I havent seen any local dyno days and I don't plan on paying full price just out of curiosity. On a side note. The car has been leaking what I thought was motor oil. After cleaning the under side of the car and checking a few hours later, it seems the leak is between the trans and the bell housing. Looks like I'll be calling Texas Drivetrain Performance for a little warrany work. It's also showing up on the back side of the trans at the output shaft.

From what I've been told, overfilling can cause it to spill out on the back side, but no idea about the front.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
As for cars and coffe I wish I am out of town so won't be back in time. How often do they do it? I have only been one time like a year ago almost
1st saturday of every month from 8-11am

Saw a nice white SS with C5DD's parked two spots next to me, anybody?
Also a black with red SS scoop that sounded pretty good, anybody?
And a damn clean 30th T/A, anybody?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it oil or trans fluid?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

@burns: sorry bout the luck man. atleast you have a warranty.

@silverws.6: ok ill try and make it out some time but im alsmost always working Saturdays at least in the mornings. but did any of those cars have like a monster or tapout sticker on them? i know there are a few "crews" down in the city that hace a few fbodies that sound like those. but then again idk maybe not
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys my 96 TA and bike are for sale if anyone is interested.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ns-am-lt1.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...aki-ninja.html
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

O dang why you selling? I would so take either one if I had the money lol. Good luck with the sell tho
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
Living the dream of Oklahoma... Sweating like crazy lol. You in the military?
Yes military. Marines
Old 09-07-2012, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Why the sell? You just freeing up cash & garage space? dumping it in the other car? buying something new?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Teching In

For some reason my sniffer isn't working so I'm not sure and I can't tell by the color because it's actually in between the two. I have noticed some oil on the starter though as well. There is trans fluid showing it's face on/around the rear shaft though too.

Also, the guy I have paid for my DRs, that is on here on the forum, has not responded to any of my messages or emails requesting shipping/delivery information for the tires. Although, he has been logging on to the forum, so he has been receiving my messages. Should have shipped on Tuesday, but hasn't responded in about four days. Input?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^What's his name? Where does he/she live?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Why the sell? You just freeing up cash & garage space? dumping it in the other car? buying something new?
Its a long story but I'm running low on cash. I barely ride the bike ever, anymore. The 96 barely ever gets driven anymore as well. I really want to replace my ranger with a lightning (for a work truck, I clean pools for a living, its supposed to be a side business but finding a real job in this town isn't easy.) So, I'm also going back to school and blah, blah, blah... I'm sure I will regret it later. I want to replace the zx6 with a zx10 someday, I want put meth on the 01 and, well the list goes on. Yall know how it is.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DisasterpeaceWS6
Yes military. Marines
Hell yea thanks for serving there are a good number of us on this page who are in or were in.

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
^^^^What's his name? Where does he/she live?
X2

Its a long story but I'm running low on cash. I barely ride the bike ever, anymore. The 96 barely ever gets driven anymore as well. I really want to replace my ranger with a lightning (for a work truck, I clean pools for a living, its supposed to be a side business but finding a real job in this town isn't easy.) So, I'm also going back to school and blah, blah, blah... I'm sure I will regret it later. I want to replace the zx6 with a zx10 someday, I want put meth on the 01 and, well the list goes on. Yall know how it is.
yea man I have been there, I hate when life shows up. I had to sell my yfz450 and it sucks. But hey you can always get something newer/better in the future like you plan
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Yep, I have actually pondered selling my TA here lately b/c of money situations as well, but every time I think about it I get sick, LOL. I know if I do I'll regret it later but if things get bad enough I'll let it go & probably have to let it go so cheap I'll puke.

So since it needs so much help I'm just gonna park it again & start driving my 97' Z71 daily again. I'll work on the TA as I get time & money but its gonna take a few more years to get it where I want it.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnstacp
For some reason my sniffer isn't working so I'm not sure and I can't tell by the color because it's actually in between the two. I have noticed some oil on the starter though as well. There is trans fluid showing it's face on/around the rear shaft though too.

Also, the guy I have paid for my DRs, that is on here on the forum, has not responded to any of my messages or emails requesting shipping/delivery information for the tires. Although, he has been logging on to the forum, so he has been receiving my messages. Should have shipped on Tuesday, but hasn't responded in about four days. Input?
Stay on his *** & inform a moderator in that section of whats goin on. did you pay with paypal? If so you can file a refund with them sayin your items never arrived or shipped. Same if you used a credit card, dispute the charge & tell them the guy never shipped your items.

If they take your money & dont ship technically thats internet fraud & a felony charge depending on total money involved. Most these dumbasses tryin to scam people on the boards dont realize that.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Its getting closer =)

QA1s are as low as they will go they will be coming up some but this is just after I got it on the ground finally
Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ awsome ^^!!!!!

Quick Reply: where are all the oklahoma guys?