Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where are all the oklahoma guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StillSlow
Thought id post this here first before i make a for sale ad. I have a T56 out of an 01 SS, has about 30k on it, comes with a pro 5.0 shifter. I want 1200 for it if its a local pickup. Ill also deliver it up to 2 hours away if someone pays for my gas. I can message/email pics to anyone who is interested. Ill also consider a trade for a built TH350. Im in Lawton, Ok.
Did it come out of your car?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by exodus_gs1
Ok guys, I have been having a hell of a time with the Camaro... I felt like the stock ls1 was on its last leg and swapped in a 5.3 with plans of a turbo in the future. So after the swap and working out a few stupid things I had it running. about 20 mins later it died on the highway, I took it home checked the codes and it was my alternator L terminal. fixed that because a wire came loose but still wouldn't start. So I it to a shop he said he jiggled some wires and charged the battery and then it started. So hell yea right... well last night 2 days after I got it back it died again. checked the codes and it was my O2's, knock sensors, and my crank position sensor. I replaced the crank sensor and now I have no fuel, and my alternator L terminal code but no O2's or knock sensors. Any ideas???
Did you find the wiring issue?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Nice build pics. That is some dedication pulling - the k member in a 2 car garage. Props man!
Yeah it wasn't the funnest thing in the world to do along with having very few tools and when I say few I mean less the a small 3 drawer tool box

Hell yea, Camaro looks damn good. Are those 6le seats?

And yea I agree I pulled mine in a two car garage myself and that was a bitch and a half
Yes they are might be selling them soon if anyone is interested?

going to try and go with sparcos or something along those lines
Old 08-22-2013, 02:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I might be interested in the seats. How comfortable are they compared to stockers? Do they sit a little lower due the manual brackets? I've been wanting to change my electric ones out for manual brackets. I feel like me and the t top are a little too close. And I'm not even that tall.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

I might be interested in the seats. How comfortable are they compared to stockers? Do they sit a little lower due the manual brackets? I've been wanting to change my electric ones out for manual brackets. I feel like me and the t top are a little too close. And I'm not even that tall.
I think they are 10x better then stocks they might sit a little lower but the seats are taller so they are a little close to the headliner but id let you look at them and sit in them first ive got the brackets they make also for easier mounting and there powder coated black also have a extra set of rails just one
Old 08-23-2013, 03:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds cool man. I'd like to sit in them. I'll PM you my number and we'll get together some time.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm surprised I dont know who P is, which QT he works at, or which SS he drives. I feel like I know every QT in down better than QT does. lol! I can't seem to stay away from those places.
My SS never sits at a QT nor does it ever see the streets but maybe once a year.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Whats up im stationed at tinker afb midwest city i got a '98 Z28 adding some things to it
currently deployed when i return i will be living in moore
Old 09-03-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any stock front seats with adjusters they want to get rid of? Trying to get mine back up & going,. Sold my old TA seats to a kid who wanted them, thanks!

Mike
Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

I know this is a long shot.
Does anyone in the Okc area know of an 04 GTO or C5 corvette (97-99) for sale within 7k?
I know that is way cheap but that's my budget and I would love to pick up one of which ever I can find.
Condition doesn't matter much just no major defects, miles prefer under 150k?
Would be awesome if someone knows of one.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
Did you find the wiring issue?
Yea the first time was a **** up, the dude wiggled the wires and it was fine. then it happened a few days later and it was some burnt wires...

then there was all kinds of little thing I could feel that where not right. so I traded it in. I now drive a land rover lol until I get around to building my drag car
Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea the first time was a **** up, the dude wiggled the wires and it was fine. then it happened a few days later and it was some burnt wires...

then there was all kinds of little thing I could feel that where not right. so I traded it in. I now drive a land rover lol until I get around to building my drag car
What car you building?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Oklahoma City, here. 98 ls1 with 241 heads and a cam. Made 357/354. That was with the fuel pump cutting out. Replacing that soon
Old 09-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Ninnekah, here.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
What car you building?
Sorry for the late post, im building a "pro touring" 67 mustang that I have had since I was 18. But im trying to get my stepdad to let go of his 79 camaro to do a budget drag car with some buddies just for fun.

And im trying to also get a buddy to buy my other buddies 83 malibu wagon so I can buy it in a year or so and build it into a sleeper. But if that doesnt work out ill be building a full fiberglass "because racecar" tri 5 chevy . Like purpose built to go straight as fast as possible lol
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

I've got a guy wanting to trade me for his 97 Trans am coupe (non t tops) 120K miles an intake and partial exhaust.
I have a 2000 GT pretty well stock exhaust suspension and such 110k miles.
Wondering if that would be worth it.
Cool looking cars, but it's an LT1 (6 speed also which is a plus) would hate to get into a way slower car.
Don't know much about the LT1.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt say slower probably about the same. My buddy had a 02 gt with full exhaust, intake mani, 75mm plenum and tb, cai, and I think a tune 5 speed car and only got my other buddies lt1 camaro a4 with a muffler by maybe a fender. And the lt1 had a passenger that weighed more then my buddy and I combined. So I would say go for it, I know a few quick lt cars with not much done to them. Nothing else you can always swap a 5.3 into it later lol
Old 10-10-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry for the late post, im building a "pro touring" 67 mustang that I have had since I was 18. But im trying to get my stepdad to let go of his 79 camaro to do a budget drag car with some buddies just for fun.

And im trying to also get a buddy to buy my other buddies 83 malibu wagon so I can buy it in a year or so and build it into a sleeper. But if that doesnt work out ill be building a full fiberglass "because racecar" tri 5 chevy . Like purpose built to go straight as fast as possible lol
Is this mustang going to be a Eleanor clone?
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
My SS never sits at a QT nor does it ever see the streets but maybe once a year.
I'm sure it would get some great attention in the QT parking lot you work in at 2AM! It was good to see you.. Sure wish it was for a different reason that day, though! ROFL

I love how one of the tags for this thread is "Tyler"

Speaking of which, I saw the SultanofShift a few weeks back on memorial.. Car looks good with the WELDs! Its about time he starts using some "JUST FOR MEN" though...

Originally Posted by shane_ss
I think they are 10x better then stocks they might sit a little lower but the seats are taller so they are a little close to the headliner but id let you look at them and sit in them first ive got the brackets they make also for easier mounting and there powder coated black also have a extra set of rails just one

Your car is sweet.. that is all...

Last edited by 85mcss; 10-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chicks dig the grey

Quick Reply: where are all the oklahoma guys?