Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where are all the oklahoma guys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tulsa race way park is open on Thursday night for TulsaStreetCars.com meets. There is no entry fee, we are allowed to use the bathroom and the lights are on for us.
We can NOT use the track. There will be no racing on the track (as far as I know). We are being allowed to have the meets there as long as there is no racing, or drifting or any other irresponsible acts in the pits. I have not been there on a Thursday night to TRP yet but I do plan on going this Thursday. I'm not sure if the concessions are open.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well thats cool that they are allowing that. guess I need to go check out the site too.

Thursdays are full for me though, after work I go train till 8pm. After that I dont want to do anything but shower & sleep, LOL.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burnstacp
Introducing myself! I'm down in Lawton. I'm getting back into an LS car this week. Camaro this time. I'm buying the 99 turbo SS that is in the classified section. I've seen a few decent looking cars around town, but I haven't really talked to anyone since I've been out of the scene for a little bit. I'm sure that'll change soon with the attention that I'm sure this beast will bring.
USAF? What's your AFSC if so?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Was a JTAC/tacp 1c4. Med retired from OEF injury and now I'm a JFO instructor (contractor).
Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
Tulsa race way park is open on Thursday night for TulsaStreetCars.com meets. There is no entry fee, we are allowed to use the bathroom and the lights are on for us.
We can NOT use the track. There will be no racing on the track (as far as I know). We are being allowed to have the meets there as long as there is no racing, or drifting or any other irresponsible acts in the pits. I have not been there on a Thursday night to TRP yet but I do plan on going this Thursday. I'm not sure if the concessions are open.
+1

No concessions.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by burnstacp
Was a JTAC/tacp 1c4. Med retired from OEF injury and now I'm a JFO instructor (contractor).
Cool man. I was SF for 6 years at Tinker. I'm glad to be out
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Teching In

A cop huh? I feel for ya lol. I hated being forced to retire. I was fast tracking too. Oh well. Onward and upward!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, this is a little off topic. I'm looking for a tuner here in Oklahoma that can tune our cars. Some one with experience that knows the in and outs, do's and dont's. In a few weeks I'll have all my parts to rebuild my 6.0 Trans Am. And quite frankly, I'm considering buying hp tuner pro soft ware from JW@JWMotoring and tuning it my self. For the price of the software it seems a very good deal. But I'm busy with school, work, and a 16 year old nuckle head, so having some one tune it for me would be most convenient. My modifications are as follows:
LQ4 stock bottom
CNC 706 heads milled slightly
Futral Motorsports custom ground cam (F-13)
LS6 intake manifold and full bolt on goodies
4l60e with all new insides with the TransGo set on Kill-3600 nitrous converter from PTC and 2 B&M coolers.
Ford 8.8 31 spline 8 clutch track lock differential with 3:73 gear. Moser axle for 4 Chanel ABS traction control.
I'm almost done with the rear end and will be ordering the cam with in 2 weeks. I'm having the transmission built by a local fellow in Sapulpa. I purchased all the parts and labor is damn cheep compared to any other place I've checked. He's built a few others that I know of so I'm hopeing for the best. I'll be adding a nitrous outlet plate kit as well that I plan on setting at 200.
So as you can see, never tuning a car, Im really in need of some one with experience. Any help y'all could give would be most appreciative.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know a guy in BA that tunes. I think he does great work. He doesnt have a dyno but if you are dead set on that you can rent one. I believe he uses EFI live. He did my LT1 car. If you want his # let me know. I had my 01 done by XP Racing in OKC and I highly recommend Brett. Some dont, but I didnt have any issues with him at all and my car runs damned good. It's probably the slowest forced induction car you've ever seen but thats my fault for picking a maggie.

I wont be at TRP tomorrow night. My gf got us Nickelback tickets! But I will be there soon. I know someone ask in another thread.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks I appreciate it kyoytey. Is the guy in BA named Randy?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Justin.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

There is a guy in Hennessey Oklahoma down kinda by Enid. Its called D&G tuning. He is a good ol' boy that does crazy **** with tuning. Haven't had the money or time but I know a few people that like swear by him. And ill need to make a trip to Tulsa on a Thursday or something. Do yall do stuff any other nights like fri and/or sat?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pm me the number!!
There are meets on Tuesday also someplace bu I can't remember where. There are also meets on others days but it just depends. You'll have to keep tabs in the event section to find out when and where.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Just heard there was 170+ cars/bikes/trucks that showed up last night. Thats a hell of a get together. They could have charges $10 a head & let them have a TNT night with that many people, LOL.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

I read that too. That would have brought in some good revenue for the track if they were running it. I would like to run mine but I'm really scared of shelling out a 10 bolt.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM
MASS seller approved

TRP will NOT open the track for thursdays they are scared it will take away from some of the midnight drag customers

when the weather cools down we all need to meet at the midnights for an LS get together maybe we could have 40-50 ls1 with as many as i have seen pop up from oklahoma in the last 6 months
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Alright, I just read all 8 pages. I'll give a quick intro since there seems to be a bunch of military dudes. Here goes

I'm in Moore, originally from Edmond. I spent from Oct 2005 to Oct 2011 in the Air Force (2W1 AFSC) at Shaw in SC. I probably would have stayed in if they would have let me crosstrain to TACP like I wanted to. But long story short, they wouldn't let me so I gave em the 1 finger salute and wound up back home. I have a G-body Camino and will be picking up a motor for it in the next month or 2 (with any luck). Does anyone know where I can rent a sand/media blaster in OKC area?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
TRP will NOT open the track for thursdays they are scared it will take away from some of the midnight drag customers

when the weather cools down we all need to meet at the midnights for an LS get together maybe we could have 40-50 ls1 with as many as i have seen pop up from oklahoma in the last 6 months
That would be cool. I cant run till I get my auto swap done though. I'm doin good to get around town right now with the way this POS is shifting right now. Cant wait to ditch this 6-speed & be done with damn hydrolic/shifting issues.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Nice to meet you, ^^^ hope you can get that beast running and come out some time.

@kyoytey, are all those cars and the bike yours in your sig?

And did anyone besides me go to 39th? There was a black lt1 body style Camaro had a 3" cowl and sounded like open headers. Just wondering if anyone knows him/her or saw it also.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
That would be cool. I cant run till I get my auto swap done though. I'm doin good to get around town right now with the way this POS is shifting right now. Cant wait to ditch this 6-speed & be done with damn hydrolic/shifting issues.
yea my buddy was having problems last night (04 gto), his wouldn't go into gear and he just swapped in a brand new stage 5 t56. And I wanna see some new numbers with your h/c/i setup

Quick Reply: where are all the oklahoma guys?