Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

BP automotive, scam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BP automotive, scam?

im not sure where to post this since im new here (feel free to suggest a section).

Recently i contacted Bill at BP automotive out of kentucky for a harness rework and custom cut cam through texas speed. i sent him my wiring harness and computer after seeing his website (bpautomotive.com). he was extremely helpful and knowledgable over the phone. but, that was nearly 3 months ago.

ive spent $1200 of my own hard earned cash from my car that i had to part out just to fund this dream project of mine. (71 c10 with an lq4/4l80e) im 22 and live in tulsa, oklahoma. i have no way to go knock on his door.

so, does anyone know of a better way to contact him, or anyone in kentucky care to pay him a visit? phone and email have been useless these past 3 weeks. texas speed said they havent seen a cam ordered from him in over a year.

sure, i can try and get my money back through paypal, but now im out a wiring harness and ECU for my engine. very frustrating.

any help is appreciated.

Last edited by cody1413; 07-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Well, I received my cam today. But still no contact or wiring.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Default Update*

I got notified of a package being sent from BP automotive today. I'm assuming its my wiring harness.
Still no returned phone call or emails. Very confused and disappointed with his customer service. He may be extremely busy, but customers are what make or break a business.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Ouch!! I was actually searching this site for his username to PM questions and make arrangements to send my harness for a rework. Then I ran smack into your post!

He does great work, IMO. But….No communication?!?! I’m nervous now. Subscribing.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Ouch, that does stink, bp automotive advertise as being able to reprogram dbw vortec pcms to receive a 12Volt AC request signal vs having it come in on serial data. I was going to have them do this for me since they are the only shop that is able to do this. I think I'll pass now, fyi, there is a forum for vendor disputes and resolution.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

My experience with Bill was generally positive. He was hard to communicate with through email, but was good about phone calls. He was always very busy, but willing to talk and answer my questions. I would continue to call and leave voicemails. His products and pricing make the annoyances worth it IMO.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Teching In

I was looking into BP Automotive for an upcoming project of mine tonight and ran across this thread. I also saw in my research that Bill is going through a tough time right now and that is causing the delays you are seeing.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Had nothing but good experience with bp automotive...had to wait a while 4 the harness but it was within the time frame he gave me. And when I got it back it was A-1 quality work, with no installation issues.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In my experience, I must say that Bill is a stand up guy, he spoke with me at length over the phone on several occasions, and what made his service stand out to me was that he went out of his way to make things work. Not to mention, the delivered product was of great quality and arrived on time. I haven't had the greatest experiences dealing with most auto industry companies, but Bill was one of those few positive experiences. I have been meaning to get a good report out on him. I'm sure there must be something difficult that might be interfering with your situation, sorry to hear this.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also worked with Bill on a harness and 24x setup. Ended up getting a great deal with him. I think he reworks harnesses regularly through eBay and normal business, plus I think he has a regular job full time. I'd imagine maybe he's just a bit behind.

Email communication was good at first then dropped off, but he always called me back within a day or two. That was also a couple years ago.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Default Very delayed update

Sorry for the late response.
I have received my wiring harness and everything needed. Still no returned phone calls or emails. I had a few questions once I was installing the wiring.

I got a letter in the box stating why he's not responding and basically said he has some family trouble (wife left him) and he's no longer taking calls. He's just finishing up current orders and getting everything taken care of.
No info if he plans to continue doing wiring or call it quits.

Overall, I'm pleased with the wiring and how nice of a job he did. It was above my expectations. But I don't know if he tuned my computer. And can't get him on the phone to ask.

Quick Reply: BP automotive, scam?