TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

MP= mount prospect train station?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by merim123
MP= mount prospect train station?
Yes, 83 & Northwest Highway. Last show is next Saturday.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Yes, 83 & Northwest Highway. Last show is next Saturday.
yup, just wanted to make sure MP was used the same way. I lived 5 blocks from there for 15 years. Been there many many a Saturday
Old 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by merim123
yup, just wanted to make sure MP was used the same way. I lived 5 blocks from there for 15 years. Been there many many a Saturday
We've probably passed by each other many times then. I've been a regular at this event since the '90s, when it was still at Photo's.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Just wanted to come back to this thread for a quick season-end wrap up. Had the '71 out for the final MP this year, was a bit chilly but still a great night. Didn't get to meet any new faces from this thread, but there is always next year. I'm looking to make some changes to my lineup for '18.

Hope that everyone has had a nice summer so far this fall.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to come back to this thread for a quick season-end wrap up. Had the '71 out for the final MP this year, was a bit chilly but still a great night. Didn't get to meet any new faces from this thread, but there is always next year. I'm looking to make some changes to my lineup for '18.

Hope that everyone has had a nice summer so far this fall.
Wow seems like no one has been on this in a while. Had mine out today for what will probably be the last time (unless Friday cooperates). No salt out in RM yet. I'm surprised a whole summer went by without getting to meet anyone on here but as you said there is always next year. New changes to the lineup is always something to look forward to!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:08 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Taprxxt
Wow seems like no one has been on this in a while. Had mine out today for what will probably be the last time (unless Friday cooperates). No salt out in RM yet. I'm surprised a whole summer went by without getting to meet anyone on here but as you said there is always next year. New changes to the lineup is always something to look forward to!
They actually salted here pretty heavily on 11/10, due to that lake effect snow. Perhaps you're too far west to have been impacted by that. But all that rain last week sure did clean up the roads nicely. Didn't make much difference for me though, mine have been put away for the year since the end of October.

Not yet sure if I'll be selling anything, or just adding to the collection.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BFK86
Well since this thread has pretty much turned into posting all the car shows in the chicago suburbs ill add these..went to the super car saturday in barrington last weekend with the usual buddies..quite a turnout and several nice fbodys also..2 rare 98 TAs and a super nice SOM camaro along with a few others.

Hey that's my SS! lol It's actually black, just vinyl wrapped in 3m Gloss Fiery Orange.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Camarokid327
Hey that's my SS! lol It's actually black, just vinyl wrapped in 3m Gloss Fiery Orange.
Nice! I saw that on instagram, definitely looks like paint..looks awesome!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Haha that would **** me off also..I think I have a bit of a lifter tick on my car..which also mean heads will have to be pulled to do anything about it..and I don't wanna put a cam and upgrade the springs, timing chain, oil pump and all that **** and have a bad lifter. So i think I will be doing the same thing probably next spring. My friend Steve (taprxxt) has the PRC 225 heads on his car and they perform really well, I will probably go with the same heads when I do..unless my friend pulls his 243s off his ZO6 anytime soon.
My car is done and I have acquired a lifetime of good info and lessons learned. I also acquired many specialty tools if you ever need to borrow anything or need an extra set of hands let me know. I will be happy to help!

Will probably have lots of stock parts going up in the classified section as well, if anyone local is needing something stock from a very clean car.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by omaha stylee
My car is done and I have acquired a lifetime of good info and lessons learned. I also acquired many specialty tools if you ever need to borrow anything or need an extra set of hands let me know. I will be happy to help!

Will probably have lots of stock parts going up in the classified section as well, if anyone local is needing something stock from a very clean car.
Refresh my memory again, you live somewhere in mount prospect or arlington hts right? I'm the guy that lives in mount prospect close to the downtown area..would be cool to meet you and check out that formula of yours one of these days.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Refresh my memory again, you live somewhere in mount prospect or arlington hts right? I'm the guy that lives in mount prospect close to the downtown area..would be cool to meet you and check out that formula of yours one of these days.
Yea man. Name is Derek, and I'm in MP close to Central and Busse.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Perhaps some of you may remember this car: https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...5-z06-frc.html
Old 01-15-2018, 10:46 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Perhaps some of you may remember this car: https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...5-z06-frc.html
Yes, that is Sean's (SilverGhost) old car. It's changed hands a couple times since he owned it. I seem to recall that he got that car new from the same dealer (Jennings) that I bought my first new 4th gen from. Our '98 Camaros were almost twins when they were new.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Yes, that is Sean's (SilverGhost) old car. It's changed hands a couple times since he owned it. I seem to recall that he got that car new from the same dealer (Jennings) that I bought my first new 4th gen from. Our '98 Camaros were almost twins when they were new.
Yea, as soon as I saw the paint I knew it had to be Sean's old car. He basically lived in my parents garage working on brothers TA with him along with a few of the other recognizable chicago guys on this site. I haven't seen Sean's old car in a long time.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recognize that paint scheme, hard to forget..on a side note, RPMWS6 speaking of local cars, a while ago we were talking about WS6 formulas (i think it was back when i started a thread about buying a WS6 hood) and i posted this picture of a sport gold metallic WS6 formula driving on Touhy years back..

Well recently on facebook guys were talking about sport gold metallic Fbodys so i posted that picture and the guy that owned it then and the current owner recognized it..turns out it was a true WS6..very rare combo..searched google images and stumbled on the for sale ad on here too lol. The guy who owned it in that picture was from around your area i believe, hes friends with Benny who i got my hood from (well known in the chicago area street racing scene)..lives over in west rogers park. Just thought it was intersting..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-7800-obo.html
Old 03-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Not gonna lie. I am chomping at the bit to get the car out and meet some of you fellas. Had the Formula out last weekend for an alignment after new tubular k member. What a tease....
Old 03-07-2018, 01:49 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

I recognize that paint scheme, hard to forget..on a side note, RPMWS6 speaking of local cars, a while ago we were talking about WS6 formulas (i think it was back when i started a thread about buying a WS6 hood) and i posted this picture of a sport gold metallic WS6 formula driving on Touhy years back..

Well recently on facebook guys were talking about sport gold metallic Fbodys so i posted that picture and the guy that owned it then and the current owner recognized it..turns out it was a true WS6..very rare combo..searched google images and stumbled on the for sale ad on here too lol. The guy who owned it in that picture was from around your area i believe, hes friends with Benny who i got my hood from (well known in the chicago area street racing scene)..lives over in west rogers park. Just thought it was intersting..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-7800-obo.html
I completely missed this post before, not sure how.

Anyway, it's very interesting to find connections like that; it's a small world around here. I live less than two miles from where you took that picture, but I don't recall ever seeing that car in the area. Somehow we never crossed paths, unless maybe it was owned by a guy in my neighborhood who also had a Polo green LT1 Firehawk (I think he may have had more than one F-body, or changed cars at some point). I don't know "Benny", but I haven't been involved in that scene since the very early '00s. I have no clue who the players are these days. I remember some of the guys from NSSR and other local groups going back to the mid-late '90s, but that name doesn't ring a bell. I did used to know a guy with a black '99 WS6 Formula who lived in Rogers Park, I think his name was Brad? The car had black C4 GS wheels the last time I saw it. I don't think I've seen or heard of him or his car since probably 2002 though.

Not gonna lie. I am chomping at the bit to get the car out and meet some of you fellas. Had the Formula out last weekend for an alignment after new tubular k member. What a tease....
I was actually at the MP show site last Saturday. LOL, no car show yet but I was helping a friend shuffle some cars around and one was stored at a condo building right across the street from the show. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Yea, as soon as I saw the paint I knew it had to be Sean's old car. He basically lived in my parents garage working on brothers TA with him along with a few of the other recognizable chicago guys on this site. I haven't seen Sean's old car in a long time.
What's your brother's name? Or maybe some details about his car? I might remember him too.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Launching!

I completely missed this post before, not sure how.

Anyway, it's very interesting to find connections like that; it's a small world around here. I live less than two miles from where you took that picture, but I don't recall ever seeing that car in the area. Somehow we never crossed paths, unless maybe it was owned by a guy in my neighborhood who also had a Polo green LT1 Firehawk (I think he may have had more than one F-body, or changed cars at some point). I don't know "Benny", but I haven't been involved in that scene since the very early '00s. I have no clue who the players are these days. I remember some of the guys from NSSR and other local groups going back to the mid-late '90s, but that name doesn't ring a bell. I did used to know a guy with a black '99 WS6 Formula who lived in Rogers Park, I think his name was Brad? The car had black C4 GS wheels the last time I saw it. I don't think I've seen or heard of him or his car since probably 2002 though.

I was actually at the MP show site last Saturday. LOL, no car show yet but I was helping a friend shuffle some cars around and one was stored at a condo building right across the street from the show. Can't wait for warmer weather.

What's your brother's name? Or maybe some details about his car? I might remember him too.
Chris. His handle was Cursed1 on here and CTR. He frequented RSD and KOTS back in the day with his crew. Red T/A that ran very well N/A especially back in that period of time.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Chris. His handle was Cursed1 on here and CTR. He frequented RSD and KOTS back in the day with his crew. Red T/A that ran very well N/A especially back in that period of time.
I don't think I knew him personally, but I might recognize the car. My group used to do the RSDs as well in the early '00s. Our primary car was Jason's Procharged black WS6, it was decently quick when it wasn't broken.

Quick Reply: Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm