Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Moving to Ann Arbor, hopefully need an LS shop this summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Moving to Ann Arbor, hopefully need an LS shop this summer

My fellow LS1techers, work is relocating me to Ann Arbor this spring and I know Detroit probably has many more reputable LS shops than I have here in Iowa. I'm either going to just freshen up my LS1 or want to drop something new in early this summer as the engine is the final stock part. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for a shop in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area?
Old 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm about 40 miles from Ann Arbor. Are you wanting more of a late model LS type place that does tuning and whatnot, or more of a complete place that does engine building, trans, suspension, etc...?
Old 03-08-2018, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I'm about 40 miles from Ann Arbor. Are you wanting more of a late model LS type place that does tuning and whatnot, or more of a complete place that does engine building, trans, suspension, etc...?
The trans, suspension and all that junk is already knocked out so I guess more of an LS specific type place. But it will need to be somewhere that is going to handle removal, install and tuning...or just install and tuning if I end up just doing HCI.

Lingenfelter is on my radar, but probably a fair bit more than I want to spend.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

The Car Guys in Brighton are late model muscle car specific. About 25-30 mins north of Ann Arbor. If you ever just want tuning alone let me know, and I'll set you up with someone who is very good. Much better than the big tuning shops and whatnot. There are several big name shops in Detroit as well if you're interested in that
Old 03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
The Car Guys in Brighton are late model muscle car specific. About 25-30 mins north of Ann Arbor. If you ever just want tuning alone let me know, and I'll set you up with someone who is very good. Much better than the big tuning shops and whatnot. There are several big name shops in Detroit as well if you're interested in that
I am seriously considering just slapping a procharger on my 140k LS1 and running it till it blows...so I may be getting in touch about that tuner.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I am seriously considering just slapping a procharger on my 140k LS1 and running it till it blows...so I may be getting in touch about that tuner.
Can't go wrong with a nice blower. When you're ready for tuning just let me know
Old 05-28-2018, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to meadows Motorsports in Oakland county but I’ve heard Livernois Motorsports is a very good shop as well. Both have LS experts in the shop.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by michigan2004GTO
I go to meadows Motorsports in Oakland county but I’ve heard Livernois Motorsports is a very good shop as well. Both have LS experts in the shop.
Meadows got super good reviews, I’ve been waiting almost 3 weeks for just a quote though...Livernois came in a bit above budget which was a bummer, their shop is super cool though.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aggressive performance.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
My fellow LS1techers, work is relocating me to Ann Arbor this spring and I know Detroit probably has many more reputable LS shops than I have here in Iowa. I'm either going to just freshen up my LS1 or want to drop something new in early this summer as the engine is the final stock part. Does anyone have a strong recommendation for a shop in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area?
blackandgold, do you have any shops in Iowa that you recommend? Thanks!