Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone in Central Ohio Building an LS in the near future?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone in Central Ohio Building an LS in the near future?

In the next couple years looking to get back into a C5 Corvette. I was originally just going to buy a new C6 that was already modded but changed my mind. I have two daughters and think it would be awesome to do a project with them I never really got to do stuff like that with my step dan and I promised myself my kids would always get to tag a long and learn when im working on stuff. Plus im partial to C5's as I used to own one. Problem is I dont have experience building engines. I am decently mechanically inclined and do 90 percent of my own work.
'
If some one out there in the vicinity of Columbus Ohio, More specifically North of Columbus (I live in fredericktown) who is going to be rebuilding an LS motor I was wondering if I can come over and help out and learn the process hands on.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey me to
Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m not very mechanical either, but I live in the central Ohio area and I’m on a quest to do the same as you, except with another f-body. This will be my 3rd LS1 and this time I plan to keep it to pass down to my kids one day. The only work I’ve done myself is full exhaust and air lid on my 2000 with an old friend. Other than that, I don’t know much hands on, especially internal engine. I’m sure I can figure out external engine stuff though.

I don’t even have my car (still searching), but I’ve got my mod list complete with what I want to do to it. I’m a UPS driver and I deliver to a shop on my route called Moorespeed Performance. It’s on the east side of Columbus by the airport. Everything that I can’t do, I plan to have Jon (the owner) do it there. But I have a young daughter and son, and I’d like to build my next project with them so we can say we built daddy’s fast car together.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by J E T
I’m not very mechanical either, but I live in the central Ohio area and I’m on a quest to do the same as you, except with another f-body. This will be my 3rd LS1 and this time I plan to keep it to pass down to my kids one day. The only work I’ve done myself is full exhaust and air lid on my 2000 with an old friend. Other than that, I don’t know much hands on, especially internal engine. I’m sure I can figure out external engine stuff though.

I don’t even have my car (still searching), but I’ve got my mod list complete with what I want to do to it. I’m a UPS driver and I deliver to a shop on my route called Moorespeed Performance. It’s on the east side of Columbus by the airport. Everything that I can’t do, I plan to have Jon (the owner) do it there. But I have a young daughter and son, and I’d like to build my next project with them so we can say we built daddy’s fast car together.
Im over by fredericktown but I work over by worthing/westerville.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

I recently built a JY 5.3 for my 03 Tahoe. I have the old one still intact on the stand. If we can work it out I would not be opposed to getting together for disassembly, thats half of the process. I can show you some of the tricks/tools I used. I would recommend contacting RPM Speed/ WS6 store and getting the book. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=6501 I used it as the sole source and I currently have 6k mi+ on my rebuild. Also, I am planning on a cam upgrade in my 03 Sierra 6.0, spring or fall depends on how life flows. My neighbor wants the 5.3 for his K5 Blazer but i'm looking for a project for my daughter and myself as well, she wasn't interested last winter, now maybe. Anyway, there is a good machine shop just north of Utica on 13. I'm out by Alexandria.

JET, there is a camaro in Alexandria that appears to be without an engine, don't know anything about it except its been sitting there for at least 10 years. Liberty street, on the right heading out of town, don't think its an SS or FH but it would be a project. I'll get an address next time i go by.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by matts01z71
Hey guys,

I recently built a JY 5.3 for my 03 Tahoe. I have the old one still intact on the stand. If we can work it out I would not be opposed to getting together for disassembly, thats half of the process. I can show you some of the tricks/tools I used. I would recommend contacting RPM Speed/ WS6 store and getting the book. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=6501 I used it as the sole source and I currently have 6k mi+ on my rebuild. Also, I am planning on a cam upgrade in my 03 Sierra 6.0, spring or fall depends on how life flows. My neighbor wants the 5.3 for his K5 Blazer but i'm looking for a project for my daughter and myself as well, she wasn't interested last winter, now maybe. Anyway, there is a good machine shop just north of Utica on 13. I'm out by Alexandria.

JET, there is a camaro in Alexandria that appears to be without an engine, don't know anything about it except its been sitting there for at least 10 years. Liberty street, on the right heading out of town, don't think its an SS or FH but it would be a project. I'll get an address next time i go by.

Sounds like a winner I sent you a PM