Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southern Indiana Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008 | 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ lol i wont, i was wondering why i never heard you speak of it,so i figured maybe it was a secret...

so now you for sure have to give me a ride..
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
^^ lol i wont, i was wondering why i never heard you speak of it,so i figured maybe it was a secret...

so now you for sure have to give me a ride..
Most of the LS1 guys over there know (Charles, Martin, Anthony)... etc... i dont think i had told Jason yet but im sure he will see this and know soon enough (wasn't trying to hide it from him just hadn't talked to him).

I dont really care that much if people find out, just would be fun to pull up down there and people assume its still stock then get someone to roll race me, lol.
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ that would be tight, a rearmount is gonna be my next project...some people bitch about them, but i really like them, and the space-money im gonna save...
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

^^ that would be tight, a rearmount is gonna be my next project...some people bitch about them, but i really like them, and the space-money im gonna save...
I had everything lined out to do a rear mount MP T70.... then i figured i could do a front mount T70 w/C6 manifolds for the same price... then just when i thought i had my plan all lined out...... this Incon Kit came up for sale for roughly what my budget was to do the other options.
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28mccrory
I had everything lined out to do a rear mount MP T70.... then i figured i could do a front mount T70 w/C6 manifolds for the same price... then just when i thought i had my plan all lined out...... this Incon Kit came up for sale for roughly what my budget was to do the other options.
yeah, ive talkin to anthony a little about it.. hes all about the fronts, but i just wont a rear really bad, and i wanna keep my engine space. also i wont have to switch out my headers.. so idk thats my plan, but your kit should be pretty sweet, is it your first turbo car??
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, ive talkin to anthony a little about it.. hes all about the fronts, but i just wont a rear really bad, and i wanna keep my engine space. also i wont have to switch out my headers.. so idk thats my plan, but your kit should be pretty sweet, is it your first turbo car??
Yeah this is my first turbo car. Been wanting to give a turbo a try forever but my Camaro was too far down the nitrous path.

Figured this stock TA would be a blank slate for me to do whatever with.

Even if you are going to do a rear mount i hear its best to switch back to stock exhaust manifolds. I guess headers really *** the spool time. When the time comes that you do your rear mount let me know... i would like to help out. I have Tig and Mig welder, band saw, tubing bender, etc... may be of some use to you and i am really interested to see how it turns out.
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome i appreciate any help on it.. well i just got a lift put in my barn last week, so that should really help with the build...thats about it, a crappy welder, also i suck at welding,so any help would be greatly appreciated, i plan on doing this in the spring-summer...just depends on if my car doesnt break or anything crazy, that i have to keep putting my money into...

we will have to hit up the track next year, i still have yet to get any times with my setup and im really pumped to spray my car at the track, and hopefully hit a high high 6 idk though i might be dreamin...
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

awesome i appreciate any help on it.. well i just got a lift put in my barn last week, so that should really help with the build...thats about it, a crappy welder, also i suck at welding,so any help would be greatly appreciated, i plan on doing this in the spring-summer...just depends on if my car doesnt break or anything crazy, that i have to keep putting my money into...

we will have to hit up the track next year, i still have yet to get any times with my setup and im really pumped to spray my car at the track, and hopefully hit a high high 6 idk though i might be dreamin...
No problem, would love to be a part of it.

Im good with a welder... worked at PA building k-members and such for my first couple years out of high school. As long as its a gas-shielded welder and not flux core we should be able to make it work.

Not sure how large of turbo you want to go with, but modular turbo has MP t-70's on sale right no for $499 shipped.

Martin and Jason came up earlier this year and we all went to Edgewater... you will have to come with us next year.

I think your car should go high 6's easy enough... whats your whole setup? I went in the 6's on a stock shortblock a few years back before i did my new motor in the camaro.

Im really excited about next year. My camaro has just turned into a money pit, and honestly im more excited about seeing how fast i can get the TA to go.
Old 12-03-2008 | 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

um its a comp 224/230 cam, headers,ls6 intake, and a 125 dry hit(i think im gonna move to a 150 wet) 3500 stall and a built tranny...i just got a nine inch last month, but i only have 325's in it but im gonna move up to a 355 gear or something close..drag radials on stock 16's also..

Made 380rwhp/360tq NA .....nitrous #'s i have no clue...

dude your car with the turbo setup will fly, do you still have the camaro???
Old 12-03-2008 | 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

um its a comp 224/230 cam, headers,ls6 intake, and a 125 dry hit(i think im gonna move to a 150 wet) 3500 stall and a built tranny...i just got a nine inch last month, but i only have 325's in it but im gonna move up to a 355 gear or something close..drag radials on stock 16's also..

Made 380rwhp/360tq NA .....nitrous #'s i have no clue...

dude your car with the turbo setup will fly, do you still have the camaro???
Dont you have good rods and pistons in it? I thought i rememberd you mentioning that a while back on LM or something. I think 6's are well within your grasp. You could bring the nitrous in progressive if you wanted to not hit the tires so hard. Drag radials work great IMO, especially on the street. I have never been a big fan of slicks.

The turbo setup has a lot working against it... its a stick car and it has a stock rear end... it will probably trap really high but i dont expect to see the kind of ET's out of it that a properly setup car with comparable power would make.

Yes i still have the Camaro. I had it running and driving, and had Charles come up and tune it. We had some problems with slow shifts (full manual 4l80) so we are pulling the transmission out and having Rob look at it (bottlegt on LM). I honestly have no idea what to expect out of it. Right now it just has a HSW 90mm plate kit on it, so im limited to 200-250shot. We haven't gotten the motor on a dyno yet but it should make some decent power. 418ci iron block... eagle rods and crank... ross nitrous pistons... 10.8:1 compression... vic jr intake port matched to some TEA 5.3 heads that flowed ~330@.600. Cam is 236/248 .617/.617.
Old 12-03-2008 | 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

nope my bottom end is all stock, i am just waiting til it goes then im gonna build something special!!!
that 99 camaro sounds sweet i remember when martin sent me a few videos of your car, it was pretty cool, im sure it flys..
Old 12-03-2008 | 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

nope my bottom end is all stock, i am just waiting til it goes then im gonna build something special!!!
that 99 camaro sounds sweet i remember when martin sent me a few videos of your car, it was pretty cool, im sure it flys..
It should hold up for a while. Just make sure everything is in check with your nitrous and keep cranking it up

Im hoping it will... been a couple years since its been out... looking forward to it.
Old 12-03-2008 | 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

did u buy that incon kit that was like $2,500 plus shiping that I saw in the for sale section? If so u got one hell of a deal!! I love my incon kit!! Hope to have my car back on the road as well this spring. We will have to get a couple of incon cars together and see how they do.
Old 12-04-2008 | 07:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
did u buy that incon kit that was like $2,500 plus shiping that I saw in the for sale section? If so u got one hell of a deal!! I love my incon kit!! Hope to have my car back on the road as well this spring. We will have to get a couple of incon cars together and see how they do.
Yep thats the one i got

I about fell out of my chair when i saw it for that cheap. I spend the first couple hours making sure it wasn't too good to be true.

He sweetened the deal even more by throwing 60lb injectors in with it! All i had to do is buy a BOV... so basicly i have about $2750 in everything.

Care to mention more about your setup? Curious what kind of results you have had.

Im just all stock minus an LS7 clutch and a mildly gone through T56. Hoping to make 500-550rwhp with it... will see i guess.
Old 12-04-2008 | 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

you'll hit 500 to 550 easy! I had a built 346 with stg3 6.0 heads with a gt2-3 cam and made 600+ with 14lbs boost and meth. With c16 and meth and 16lbs boost I made 700 but was having issues with boost bleeding off. I think I have found the prob and with the new engine and this prob fixed I'm shooting for 750rwhp with c16 and meth with full boost!
Old 12-04-2008 | 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Right now im still on a bone stone engine (and a 98 engine at that) so im just kind of worried its going to be a time bomb. I made a post over on the Internal Engine section about how i could make it live a little bit longer but didn't get many intelligent replies.

I was thinking about picking up some stock 6.0 heads and an LS6 cam... not sure if it would make it any easier on the bottom end but it may allow me a little insurance in case i get a bad tank of gas or something.

You setup sounds pretty stout. Which turbos are you using? I have the gt2871r's but wasn't sure how far they would go. I know some have made 700ish with them but that may be at their raw edge.

So what is left to get your car done? I would love to check it out and maybe pick your brain for a bit. This is the first turbo anything that i have ever messed with.
Old 12-04-2008 | 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

I need a clutch and misc ****. The turbos I've been told are gt37's?? This exact kit went into the 9's with a th400 with a 5k stall stock short block with 6.0 heads and 60lb injectors and that was it!! Tuning will keep ur engine safe.
Old 12-04-2008 | 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

I need a clutch and misc ****. The turbos I've been told are gt37's?? This exact kit went into the 9's with a th400 with a 5k stall stock short block with 6.0 heads and 60lb injectors and that was it!! Tuning will keep ur engine safe.
As far as i know the largest turbo you could get for the kit was the gt3076r's. maybe the gt37 is another number.

What kind of fuel system are you running? I just have a single walbro 255 in the tank and some mototron 60lb injectors.

Im also just running an LS7 clutch so not sure how long it will hold up. I think if i stay around 500-550 i will be ok. It seems like EVERYTHING needs replaced much past that.
Old 12-04-2008 | 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

They are the biggest turbo they had that is all I know. Oh I also need a new scavange pump. That clutch will be fine unless u put some sticky tires on there then bye bye clutch and rear end!!
Old 12-04-2008 | 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

They are the biggest turbo they had that is all I know. Oh I also need a new scavange pump. That clutch will be fine unless u put some sticky tires on there then bye bye clutch and rear end!!
Then you probably have the gt3076r's. I wish mine had those!

Yeah i figured the clutch would be ok at 500rwhp or so. I run 325 drag radials on my camaro... was gona throw those on the TA sometime and take it to the track... may just pull the whole 9" out of the camaro for a week or two and see what the TA can do if i can actually launch it.

Quick Reply: Southern Indiana Club