Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Quad Cities Area members thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever bled a clutch before?

I finally got my tranny back in and everything is put back together, but my clutch pedal has no pressure at all...

TIA

J
Old 04-16-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jashearer
Anybody ever bled a clutch before?
Originally Posted by glennster
Can't be there this weekend,transmission seminar in chicago.
^^^^^^
There's your man.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

I would take the slave line off and with someone in the car and slave full of fluid,hold the "ball" open on the end of the line and have the helper push the pedal down and hold it,then release the ball.Continue untill air dosent come out anymore.Attach the line and continue the same practive with the bleeder on the slave.I bled my master/line in a vice after a drill mod and installed it with no bleeding,the "pumping" of a pedal makes the air bubble break up and makes for a harder bleed procedure..Good luck
Old 04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Hah great day at the track, went 12.30@116 with a crap 1.8 60' in the Mustang.

Whos got the SOM WS.6? You really need to look over more, I cruised next to you almost the entire length of 23rd ave in my Mustang and you wouldnt even look at me. In fact you kept slowing down to get away from me. For reference its the POS primer white with rust accents 89 Mustang GT and a touch of Vortech V1 banshee wail.

Last edited by Sukkoi19; 04-18-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
Is that a test and tune?

BTW, Anyone have their car out yet???
Yes and I saw you on 23rd last week. You cruised right by my Mustang and my two buddies black WS.6s without a so much as nod. We were really hurt.

You dont happen to work at the airport in the air freight terminal do you?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAM-BAM
hey glenn whats up...going to the track on opening day...i think its the 16th?
ta52804...still buying that intake from me...i'll have it off the car on monday and some new dyno numbers with the fast 90 and 90mm tb..hope to see some type of gains...anyway..hope to see ya all around this summer..man i hate winter a lot glad its coming to an end...i'll be out there to test out the new combo...and some other issues i solved over the winter...

98 ss a4 black..too many mods to list this late at night....
Did you ever get that thing to hook? I saw almost all of your runs and I starting to think you went to the track to practice donuts. Looks like the BFGs arent going to be enough. On another note my buddy with the 550 rwhp T/A does really well with those new MT E/T Drag Radials even on the street.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Yes and I saw you on 23rd last week. You cruised right by my Mustang and my two buddies black WS.6s without a so much as nod. We were really hurt.

You dont happen to work at the airport in the air freight terminal do you?
Were you parked or going the opposite way? I know if you were going the same way as me I would have noticed for sure. Sorry about ignoring you, I dont remember the WS.6's, I may have seen your stang but I dont remember seeing a primer white one.

Yeah, I work down there right now. I'll be starting at the Deere parts warehouse pretty soon.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you ever get that thing to hook? I saw almost all of your runs and I starting to think you went to the track to practice donuts. Looks like the BFGs arent going to be enough. On another note my buddy with the 550 rwhp T/A does really well with those new MT E/T Drag Radials even on the street.
Jamie, is that you? If so, I've definitely been improving my E/T's for what little I have done to my car. Not too shabby, eh? lol
Old 04-19-2005, 02:03 AM
11 Second Club

ya..i'm done with them, they still have about 50% life in them so im going to try and sell em off cheap as soon as the m/t get here know anybody interested? i'll cut them a good deal....i am going to order the m/t this weekend...ta52804 is buying my ls6 intake this week and i hope to order them at the same time....out with the old and in with the new...its a never ending habit

best 60 foot i could manage was a 2.16 and that was by babing it so bad out of the hole i felt like i was leaving a light with the cops behind me....
Old 04-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BAM-BAM
ya..i'm done with them, they still have about 50% life in them so im going to try and sell em off cheap as soon as the m/t get here know anybody interested? i'll cut them a good deal....i am going to order the m/t this weekend...ta52804 is buying my ls6 intake this week and i hope to order them at the same time....out with the old and in with the new...its a never ending habit

best 60 foot i could manage was a 2.16 and that was by babing it so bad out of the hole i felt like i was leaving a light with the cops behind me....
What size are the BFG's? I'm always looking for new rubber especially since my GSC's are trashed, but I don't want to put on all new shoes until this winter when I blow my bonus on a nice set of wheels and tires...
Old 04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

they are the 275/40/17.... i also have a set of nittos that are basicly brand new with at least 80% tread left in the same size i need to move as well
Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Jamie, is that you? If so, I've definitely been improving my E/T's for what little I have done to my car. Not too shabby, eh? lol
Of course who else?

Yeah not bad, but you got to get those 12s with the lid and cat-back. I recently did LCAs and sub-frames on the Camaro but not much else. I did dyno it though, on motor it did 330 rwhp and 345 rwtq and then on a 500 psi bottle and a 75 shot it did 385 rwhp and 430 rwtq. I was hoping for 400 rwhp with a nice 1200 psi bottle, I guess I'll find out.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
Were you parked or going the opposite way? I know if you were going the same way as me I would have noticed for sure. Sorry about ignoring you, I dont remember the WS.6's, I may have seen your stang but I dont remember seeing a primer white one.

Yeah, I work down there right now. I'll be starting at the Deere parts warehouse pretty soon.
We were parked at K-Mart hiding from Johnny Law, so the chances of you seeing us was pretty small. We are out just about every weekend so stop by and say hello. Either it will be my Mustang or my Pewter 02 Z28 or the two black WS.7s (I quess Ill be technical here). Also could be a black 90 LX hatch with a NOTAGT 2 license plate.

Ever wonder who did those donuts in front of the Menlo building down at the Airport?

At one time when I was still working for Menlo there was the Pewter 01 Z28 that works at Danzas then my Pewter 02 Z28 and then yours showed up at the next building over. I was starting to think it was an LS1 convention at the Air Frieght terminal.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Hah great day at the track, went 12.30@116 with a crap 1.8 60' in the Mustang.

Whos got the SOM WS.6? You really need to look over more, I cruised next to you almost the entire length of 23rd ave in my Mustang and you wouldnt even look at me. In fact you kept slowing down to get away from me. For reference its the POS primer white with rust accents 89 Mustang GT and a touch of Vortech V1 banshee wail.

lol that was me. i looked over a couple times, i listened mostly :) ill have the 12 bolt transfered over next couple days so ill be more likely to play next weekend. i was going 30mph due to the ***** that patrol up there. last year i was popped for sqealing the tires when i chirped the tires going into 2nd. definitly dont want to run into him again , he came unglued and took it personaly :eyes: cost me 350 to my lawyer to get out of it.
the spot right there between moline and east moline is getting ruined with a new intersection too. best place seems to be down on john deere rd between best buy and rock island, 3 lanes each way. ive got a few vids from last year racing a 03 cobra/viper on the ave and a older one in my heads/cam 93z vs a buick t-type on john deere rd.
http://webmail.mydirecway.com/
type in "kev2kta" for the login and "ls1tech" for the password if ya want to view them, use mediaplayer 9 or newer to adjust the brightness since it was at night. who has the black ta that revved at me the other night and looked over at me?? i waited at kmart for 20 min but never saw you again.

kev
Old 04-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Staging Lane

I've got a black T/A, and work out at JD Corporate so I'm on JD Road quite a bit. Pretty sure I didn't rev at anybody, but the car is damn loud now, so it may have been mistaken as a rev...

Anybody know anywhere that sells exhaust band clamps? I have a slight leak where my ORY connects to my mangaflow I-pipe...

J
Old 04-20-2005, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

I've got a black T/A, and work out at JD Corporate so I'm on JD Road quite a bit. Pretty sure I didn't rev at anybody, but the car is damn loud now, so it may have been mistaken as a rev...

Anybody know anywhere that sells exhaust band clamps? I have a slight leak where my ORY connects to my mangaflow I-pipe...

J
probably wasnt you then. it was a clear rev to almost redline and when i looked the guy was lookin right at me. was up on 23rd ave right by the old taco bell. might try the car shop in moline or winners circle in east moline for the clamps.

kev
Old 04-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kev93z
probably wasnt you then. it was a clear rev to almost redline and when i looked the guy was lookin right at me. was up on 23rd ave right by the old taco bell. might try the car shop in moline or winners circle in east moline for the clamps.

kev
Yeah that was Ben. He was concerned with your aloofness and wanted to definitly get your attention. He was the guy riding with me.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

J
Glass Palace huh?

Did you try Autozone/Advanced/O'Rielly's?
Old 04-20-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Race Ben next time you run into him: he's stock.

Quick Reply: Quad Cities Area members thread