Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Quad Cities Area members thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kev93z
lol that was me. i looked over a couple times, i listened mostly ill have the 12 bolt transfered over next couple days so ill be more likely to play next weekend. i was going 30mph due to the ***** that patrol up there. last year i was popped for sqealing the tires when i chirped the tires going into 2nd. definitly dont want to run into him again , he came unglued and took it personaly cost me 350 to my lawyer to get out of it.
the spot right there between moline and east moline is getting ruined with a new intersection too. best place seems to be down on john deere rd between best buy and rock island, 3 lanes each way. ive got a few vids from last year racing a 03 cobra/viper on the ave and a older one in my heads/cam 93z vs a buick t-type on john deere rd.
http://webmail.mydirecway.com/
type in "kev2kta" for the login and "ls1tech" for the password if ya want to view them, use mediaplayer 9 or newer to adjust the brightness since it was at night. who has the black ta that revved at me the other night and looked over at me?? i waited at kmart for 20 min but never saw you again.

kev
The site told me I had a false login?

We ended up chasing down some dork in a 5.0L with the NAWSSS. He thought he was bad driving all the way from Muscatine for a piece. Too bad he got drug and had to drive home all upset.

After that some dude in a 2nd Gen 300 ZX decided he'd follow me down to JD and act tough.

So as you can see we got kind of busy. But if you us see throw a wave or rev or whatever, we are always looking for new faces.

Truthfully we usually go out to Iowa for the racing action. JD road yielded up plenty of drag-racing tickets for our group last year, so we usually try and stay away from it.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

what nights do ya usually hang out there at the kmart?
is that the one on the ave or on jd rd....might swing in some time..to see whats up....
just to let you guys know..i have hp tuners for 98's and 2001's right now and will have the other years soon
so if ya need some logs or codes deleted i'll be glad to help out...

later...........

Mark

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 04-20-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

im around on weekends mostly. ok im an idiot what is in my "aloofness" that site works for me everytime , maybe try again or someone else try it and let me know. i always had good luck on JD rd , maybe if we had a guy at each end with a phone? in iowa going 100 mph is attempted manslaughter.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

hey bam bam what do you drive ? ill keep an eye out for you. id love to get rid of my SES since i removed my A.I.R. inj system the other night. doesnt bother me too bad though and will get removed with next wave of mods in june, when i take the car to FLP. im gonna be parting out my wrecked black 2k ws6 soon if you guys need any parts let me know. i have a yank ss3600 stall
comin out of it real soon, and a slightly damaged magnaflow catback. last 2 inches of tip was ripped up.

kev
Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

BAM BAM, I am swapping out my A4 for a M6 in the next few weeks. Think you can help a brother out with a reflash?
Old 04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BAM-BAM
what nights do ya usually hang out there at the kmart?
is that the one on the ave or on jd rd....might swing in some time..to see whats up....
just to let you guys know..i have hp tuners for 98's and 2001's right now and will have the other years soon
so if ya need some logs or codes deleted i'll be glad to help out...

later...........

Mark
Usually every night on the weekends we can be seen in the Ave one, or just cruising around on the Ave. I would bet that my buddy would be interested in the HP tuner for his 98.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

im around on weekends mostly. ok im an idiot what is in my "aloofness" that site works for me everytime , maybe try again or someone else try it and let me know. i always had good luck on JD rd , maybe if we had a guy at each end with a phone? in iowa going 100 mph is attempted manslaughter.
Oh well you just didnt seem too interested in talking, so we figured we just needed to get your attention.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

hey bam bam what do you drive ? ill keep an eye out for you. id love to get rid of my SES since i removed my A.I.R. inj system the other night. doesnt bother me too bad though and will get removed with next wave of mods in june, when i take the car to FLP. im gonna be parting out my wrecked black 2k ws6 soon if you guys need any parts let me know. i have a yank ss3600 stall
comin out of it real soon, and a slightly damaged magnaflow catback. last 2 inches of tip was ripped up.

kev
Do you still have the 4L60E or did you already get rid of that?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

you know colin? older guy with a pewter SS. i think he mentioned a guy with white blown mustang on the ave.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Do you still have the 4L60E or did you already get rid of that?

i still have . its a FLP lvl 4. not sure if im puttin it my tahoe or selling it yet. think i paid 2k for it and it has about 15-20k miles on it. has the TCI deep pan and 28k gvw tranny cooler. kev
Old 04-20-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Ever wonder who did those donuts in front of the Menlo building down at the Airport?

At one time when I was still working for Menlo there was the Pewter 01 Z28 that works at Danzas then my Pewter 02 Z28 and then yours showed up at the next building over. I was starting to think it was an LS1 convention at the Air Frieght terminal.
I saw those marks. Figured it was someone who didnt work there. I never saw your car but I see the one at Danzas.

I'll look for you when I'm up on the ave.

Bam Bam, if you get the tuner for 02's I'll need my fans set so I can install my 160*. I was going to ask Glenn where he had that vinci tune done at so I could have them set my fans, I dont know what they'd charge though.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:08 AM
11 Second Club

i drive a black 98ss. its easy to tell by the true duals dumped at the axle...
sandmann....i'll be glad to help ya out just let me know...
kev93z....i can fix that for ya ..take all of about a minute..to shut that off

ordered my mt/drag radials i hope to have them friday and if i do ill be at the track on saturday...

any body know anywhere here in town where i can get a good helmet fairly reasonable...they gave me some crap at the track about my snell rating being to old and that i need to get a new one...

thanks..

i have a pair of bfg drags for sale now....275/40/17..they have some life left in them....$150 and come getem out of my garage...
they have about 50% life left in em..
Old 04-21-2005, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

you know colin? older guy with a pewter SS. i think he mentioned a guy with white blown mustang on the ave.
Yes, hes been around for a long while now. I dont think Ive talked to him since I got the Mustang out, he must have heard me sometime.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSWannabe
I saw those marks. Figured it was someone who didnt work there. I never saw your car but I see the one at Danzas.

Yeah I did that when I quit the place. We will keep an eye out.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAM-BAM
any body know anywhere here in town where i can get a good helmet fairly reasonable...they gave me some crap at the track about my snell rating being to old and that i need to get a new one...
They gave me the same ****, except mine's not snell-rated at all. It's a brand-new crotch rocket helmet... so wouldn't you think if it's safe enough for riding on an open vehicle like a motorcycle, that it'd certainly be safe enough for a ******' enclosed vehicle like a car? I was and still am pretty pissed about it.

I think I'm gonna take the snell sticker off my motocross helmet and put it on my racing helmet. Hell, I've used it all last year and they never said anything up until this past weekend.

I think, and hope, they were just **** about everything because it was opening weekend, and that they'll ease up the rest of the year. Oh, I've also gotta get a "better fitting battery or modify the holder to fit" cuz mine wiggles.

I'm just more pissed about the helmet issue. It's ridiculous IMO.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

ya they gave me **** about the battery also....
said i need a tie down..but that's a cheap fix....
Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...86#post2160186

Theres another QC thread on another site if anybody is interested.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWannabe

Bam Bam, if you get the tuner for 02's I'll need my fans set so I can install my 160*. I was going to ask Glenn where he had that vinci tune done at so I could have them set my fans, I dont know what they'd charge though.

The vinci tuner is actually a programmer marketed by crane,same thing different sticker.It is 1 car at a time use and its well worth the money once you go cam and bolt-ons.Not to knock down your thermo choice but I think a 180* is better for these motors,they make the best power around 190-200.I have a 178* that keeps the car around 185-190 depending on the weather.That 04 Z06 ran the 11.9 stock after a hot lap.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

We had 0 Camaros at today's autocross. Only 3 firebirds, 2 4th gen. There were as many Hyundai Tiburons as there were f-bodies.

Our cars do turn, you all know!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
We had 0 Camaros at today's autocross. Only 3 firebirds, 2 4th gen. There were as many Hyundai Tiburons as there were f-bodies.

Our cars do turn, you all know!
Trust me, if I were able to go I would have, but I had to work and my car needs alignment (it pulls to the left, and while I'm sure it wouldn't have made a HUGE difference in handling, I wouldn't wanna lap the car unless the alignment was perfect).

And yes, I definitely know our cars can handle. There are also plenty of articles to prove it. Hell, if Steve Millen can compliment a 2001 SS as well as to say it handles great, feels very planted, and can lap in it all day long... than that should be good enough right there lol.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=1&preview=

^ VERY EXCELLENT article for any doubters. (take a look at what the SS outlapped)

... and our cars are just straight line racers.

Quick Reply: Quad Cities Area members thread