Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Quad Cities Area members thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw Kev on the ave tonight. Jamie did you get your camaro out?

Only reason I was up there was I had to go to 23rd walgreens pharmacy. I was with my son and his mom. He had another high *** temperature again today so when you saw me I had just left the hospital. I assume you saw me anyway, I threw a little rev on the way home after picking up the prescription.

Anyone get some good times today???
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

i thought i saw you once. there were a couple som camaros up there last night. i think jamie said he ran a 12.5 with the spray, forget the mph 114 maybe? hope your son is feeling better, i always get freaked out when my daughter has a high fever. kev
Old 05-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Teching In

If no one from Iowa City is going I'd be glad to go. I'm not to fast, lid and exhaust is all, for now. May is out though because I'll be in Colorado.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kev93z
there were a couple som camaros up there last night.

Hopefully the "couple" was mine and that SS we saw before. We dont want everyone running around in sunset orange. (Sorry about the delayed reply, haven't logged on for about 2 days.) So that was Jamie's camaro at McDonalds then?

BTW, my son is fine.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWannabe

Hopefully the "couple" was mine and that SS we saw before. We dont want everyone running around in sunset orange. (Sorry about the delayed reply, haven't logged on for about 2 days.) So that was Jamie's camaro at McDonalds then?

BTW, my son is fine.
I see more sunset orange then any other color except blue/black.When you going to race that car?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that was me. I actually had it out. The Track was little rough that day. Very high humidity and temperature. The best I ran on motor was a 13.30@107 about 3-4 tenths and 2-3 mph less than usual for the Z/28. Nitrous made it up though, I managed a 12.50@114 with a wonderful 2.2' with the 75 shot.

Did you end up hearing about the race between the Mystic and Ben's car? If not, Ben beat him. He said he had to let up in 4th due to some detonation but the Cobra wasnt coming back. I didnt think that was to bad against a pullied and juiced 04 Cobra.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Yeah, Ben got me by about a car or so (at his bumper) up to about 120. Very good race and was a very fast car. Still gotta have a rematch after a tune. Have you guys decided whether or not your going to the track tomorrow? I think Gould is taking his car out if it doesn't rain tomorrow night..

Last edited by MystiChrome04; 05-12-2005 at 11:00 PM. Reason: a
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jashearer
Does anyone here drive the hugger SS that has heads cam.

Messed around with me on Thursday night in my 02 t/a black?

<----------------------------I am guilty of that.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennster
When you going to race that car?
At the absolute latest it will be at midnight mayhem on Friday the 27th. I work 'til about 9:00 on Fridays. Saturdays dont work for me because I have my son all day. BTW, have you got your 11's yet? I know you said you thought the clutch and MT DR's would be the key. Just wondering if you got out and gave it a run yet. I need to pick up that synchromesh and come by the shop so we can do that drill mod/fluid change. I asked at Eriksen's in milan, the price is 10 bucks a quart. I need to get 4 quarts correct?

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
I didnt think that was too bad against a pullied and juiced '04 cobra.
Not bad at all. Did you have good bottle pressure at the track?

I posted a call out on SVT for that guy with the teal sn95 GT we saw drive through whiteys Friday. I dont know if anyone on that site knows him but I gave it a shot. When I was at taco bell tonight I pulled around from the drive through and saw him outside by his car. He heard me turned around and gave me the I dont recall him giving the thumbs down when he drove by us Friday though. Oh well, we'll see what comes of it. He has the dash tach so I assume that would coincide with some level of engine modification. If his car is tough and I get shut down then I'll give his car (not him) proper respect. If we even race that is.

I'll be on the ave after work tomorrow. (weather permitting) If it's decent out, maybe we'll see some new faces (and LS1's).

Last edited by LSWannabe; 05-13-2005 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MystiChrome04
Yeah, Ben got me by about a car or so (at his bumper) up to about 120. Very good race and was a very fast car. Still gotta have a rematch after a tune. Have you guys decided whether or not your going to the track tomorrow? I think Gould is taking his car out if it doesn't rain tomorrow night..
I dunno, its difficult getting these F-Body guys to the track. Weather permitting and install nightmare permitting Ill try and be there.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

At the absolute latest it will be at midnight mayhem on Friday the 27th. I work 'til about 9:00 on Fridays. Saturdays dont work for me because I have my son all day. BTW, have you got your 11's yet? I know you said you thought the clutch and MT DR's would be the key. Just wondering if you got out and gave it a run yet. I need to pick up that synchromesh and come by the shop so we can do that drill mod/fluid change. I asked at Eriksen's in milan, the price is 10 bucks a quart. I need to get 4 quarts correct?

Not bad at all. Did you have good bottle pressure at the track?

I posted a call out on SVT for that guy with the teal sn95 GT we saw drive through whiteys Friday. I dont know if anyone on that site knows him but I gave it a shot. When I was at taco bell tonight I pulled around from the drive through and saw him outside by his car. He heard me turned around and gave me the I dont recall him giving the thumbs down when he drove by us Friday though. Oh well, we'll see what comes of it. He has the dash tach so I assume that would coincide with some level of engine modification. If his car is tough and I get shut down then I'll give his car (not him) proper respect. If we even race that is.

I'll be on the ave after work tomorrow. (weather permitting) If it's decent out, maybe we'll see some new faces (and LS1's).
That Elbox Bitch gave you the thumbs down???

Ryan knows the guy, he just helped him with something on his car. Ill have to ask him about it.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elec87
<----------------------------I am guilty of that.
What going on man?

Btw did you want your torque wrench back?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Launching!

That would awesome! Give me a call this weekend sometime so I can pick it up.
I forgot bens number I am bad with things like that. Got any good 4l60e's?(:
Old 05-13-2005, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Elec87
That would awesome! Give me a call this weekend sometime so I can pick it up.
I forgot bens number I am bad with things like that. Got any good 4l60e's?(:

i have a flp lvl4 4l60e with tci deep pan, yank ss3600, 28gvw cooler for sale.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

After a weekend of wheelhopping 12.teens@115 I installed an edelbrock adj. T/A and on the first run I held the tach at 5500 and dumped the clutch.the car never moved and scattered the rear u-joint/custom driveshaft and pretzeled the brand new T/A.I don't know which broke first but from the twisted heim it looks like the T/A.I bought a spohn D/S,re-installed the stock T/A and gingerly got a 12.12/12.05@117.2 with a low RPM dump and bog,I was expecting a big boom so was gunshy.Tomorrow is go time if the weathers good.

I'm kind of a dexron 3 guy but if you want syncromesh,yes 4 qts. should be enough.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, we really need to work on getting all of us together at the track on the same night.

Can everyone make it to Midnight Mayhem on the 27th? Unless people are working super early that following Saturday, I think that'd be the best way to work the track into all of our work schedules so we can all be there at the same time. Plus, we've gotta represent American muscle seeing as how the Midnight Mayhem's are leaning more and more towards the sport compacts each time.

There was one time last year, I was waiting in tech, and some douchebag comes up, looks at my engine (the hood was up for tech), looks back at this guy's modified Talon (with an Eclipse rear end) and then goes to me, "I bet that car (Talon) will smoke you", and I just gave him a stupid look and said "Uhhh alright?", thinking OK so maybe it will, maybe it won't, but who the **** is this idiot?

So I line up against the Talon thinking I'm about to get whooped, and low and behold, not only do I surprisingly outlaunch him (yeah, I get 2.1 60's for my best lol), but I pulled on his *** the whole way down the 1/4. The dumbass who called me out, never came around after that lol. And that was only when I was running 13.3's and 13.4's. Now I'm down to consistent 13.1's and .2's.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kev93z
i have a flp lvl4 4l60e with tci deep pan, yank ss3600, 28gvw cooler for sale.

Email sent
Old 05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
That Elbox Bitch gave you the thumbs down???

Ryan knows the guy, he just helped him with something on his car. Ill have to ask him about it.
Yeah L Box (Lunchbox) he's friends with Danny and those guys. I have talked to him a few times and was over at his house eariler this week figuring out his clutch problem. I pulled up to him at a light in the Mystic and he told me that he'd "give me a couple car lengths head start" I laughed. That's pretty rude to give someone the thumbs down just because they don't drive a Mustang. His car is basically stock, just 3.55's and exhaust,CAI and maybe a upgraded MAF meter. Nothing drastic, A stock LS1 would walk on him hard!!

Jamie, got the car back from Ford today, of course they decided it looked much better with scrathes on the wheels and THE PAINT Then they had the nerve to tell me that their tech's are "very good at owning up when the've done something" (yeah he's right i know if i scratched a $600 a pint paint and dented and scrathed wheels that are over $550 a piece i'd sure own right up)
Old 05-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Oh yeah and by the way I ******* HATE RAIN!!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Jesus what stealership did you go to?!? Youve got to start taking before and after pictures with a paint-job like that.

Yeah I know what you mean about the rain I finally swapped the head-units for the S-Trim and this is what I get. Ben wanted my 30# injectors since apparantly thats his problem on the top-end so I had to install my 42#s, so I figured while I was at it Id swap the head-units as well.

Man talk about a difference, that S is so much more efficient even in low rpm than the A was. I cant believe with just a blower swap how much different my car feels. Im seeing 9#s at 3k rpm on up to 15# at 5500. Im thinking I better pulley down however. The dude I bought the pullies off of swore up and down they were the stock ones from Vortech and would only see 8-10 on a stock motor. Im thinking he had bigger plans for me.

Quick Reply: Quad Cities Area members thread