Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc..Mar 12

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there from 10-12. It was a great time. Lots of bad @$$ cars and a ton of cool people.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Launching!

I just got back. A lot of great people & great cars. Speaking as a Schaumburg resident, I think that cop should of said what he wanted to say & moved on. No need to sit there & ruin the fun. Theres a lot of people doing a lot worse things than our little get-together. I really enjoyed the people who went by him reving their engines. If I could afford the ticket, I would of made the sacrifice & smoked 'em right in front of him. Yea I know talk is cheap. So am I.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Albion Dragway looked very nice after a few burnouts. I would have brought my car but my POS Hurt shifter broke as I was pulling out of the driveway. Thanks to Jon at Speed Inc. he saved the day by giving me a great deal on a new Pro 5.0 The turn out was great! I think Speed Inc should plan on having there Open Houses later in the season when the weather is nice. I think the cops may have came by because Speed Inc tried to get the road closed off and after a few words got out around the village the cops knew what was going on. Lets persuae Speed Inc for another open house during mid summer. Thanks to everyone at Speed Inc. I had a blast! If anyone has any pictures or videos please post.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

I thought about bribing the cop with some donuts to get him out of the area but I didn't have the guts.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I bet the insane cloud of smoke comming from the street would be a dead giveaway to something going on.. lol. There were some serious burnouts when I was there! Sucks that the cop showed up. I wish I could have stayed longer but I only had time to check it out quick and leave.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I drove by at one point wen the cops were there and the damn cop opened his door right as i was driving past him! I was so tempted to take the damn thing right off! But instead swerved to avoid it.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

I missed it...I am sick as a dog. Feel like I am going to hack up a lung
Old 03-12-2005, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

You missed out. Great show! That race car at the end was awsome. He must of hit 150! To bad he could not keep it straight long enough to do a good smokey. Thanks Speed for a great time! Just a suggestions to go along with many others, please make it later in the spring like late April or May. At least it will be warmer and I can actually bring my car.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Banned

Thanks guys for helping make Albion Dragway the way it should (jk)....we do not condone that kinda thing

Glad everyone had a great time. We do it in March to get everyone back in the swing of things for our spring shop schedule.... last year it was 50* and the roads where clear. We were unfortunate with the weather this year but it was crazy! Editor of GMHTP as well as a writer came out, the guys from scandelous (I DO like pink!), the very famous PSJ, as well as people from WI, MI, IN, OH, and Kansas came!

As far as the cops they were VERY nice this year to us. It could have always been worse and you guys got away with ALOT!

Thanks again!!!!

BTW guys im still at the shop! (7pm) .... later! I'll put pictures up on our site
Old 03-12-2005, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

definitly had a good time but need another open house in the summer!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Anne and I got there around 1pm. Had a great time. Tangled with a crawlin Benz and wacked him with Wrencher as my witness.

Huge turnout!

You guys did a great job, and it was even more impressive than last year. I suggest pushing it out a little ibit more like Apri 1st. I was the guy in the LS1TECH baseball cap.

I was bangin' gears in the Acura TL.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Anne and I got there around 1pm. Had a great time. Tangled with a crawlin Benz and wacked him with Wrencher as my witness.
Ya I was on EOE & almost ran into ya there ooops!
You wacked that benz bad though!
It was a good time as always Thanks Speed Inc.
I think we need 2 of these open house's a year?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

the show was awesome, i have some video from it but i do not know how to upload it onto the computer. I would have to say the best was when the yellow mustang, then the black and silver SS's, and silver cobra all came at the same time and did burnout's, that was sick. But definitely had a good, time tons of sweet cars, and alot of cool people.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JacobK
the show was awesome, i have some video from it but i do not know how to upload it onto the computer. I would have to say the best was when the yellow mustang, then the black and silver SS's, and silver cobra all came at the same time and did burnout's, that was sick. But definitely had a good, time tons of sweet cars, and alot of cool people.
Hey JacobK,

That was are crew, 02 Yellow GT is a friend, the 99 black SS is my cousins, the 99 silver SS with chrome 18" zo6 rims was mine, and the 04 silver cobra is another friend. We have like 3 more cars that didn't make it down or we would have had the whole street lit up. Oh well, It was a blast, I definately enjoyed everything. Trying to figure out who was the guy with the greenish color lt1 T/A or firebird and the pewter LS1 T/A that chased us down after we left. They were on a mission. That was fun too, the freeway back home, we made good time

Kyle
Old 03-13-2005, 08:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

how about some photos? Anyone own a camera up there?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Speed Inc. needs to promote line locks and cut outs. I was a little disappointed with some cars burnouts.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Kyle, what all do you have done to your car? it sounded insane, and thats what i want mine to sound like? i raced a silver SS with Z06's on the way home, i dont think it was you though.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JacobK
Hey Kyle, what all do you have done to your car? it sounded insane, and thats what i want mine to sound like? i raced a silver SS with Z06's on the way home, i dont think it was you though.
Well, I have headers, off road y pipe (no cats) and QTEC. And some motor work done. I take it you have an SS too?? If so, it wasn't me that you raced. I ended up racing a older lt1 greenish color T/A and a newer ls1 pewter T/A no ram air. As soon as we left there, they all ran to their cars to chase us down, lol. It was a blast.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc..Mar 12