TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparnos
case closed
There was never any doubt here!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Speed Ink. is the best speed shop out there, my car has been there about 4 times now, every thing went smooth.
I havent spent millions of $ there and they still treat me like i do.

THANKS LARRY FOR ALL UR HELP AND EVERY THING

Scott Pelleter
Old 05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

I have had my car there several times and they always worked around my schedule since I live a couple of hours away...Its hard to drop off and pick up your car when you work and have to have a friend give you a ride at that...Had a problem with my clutch and they got it fix no problem...Great prices and service..I have always talked to Tom and Larry great guys to deal with...

Brandon..
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Isn't it Speed INC? Not INK
Old 05-09-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha. I went through the whole "waiting" process last year. I know how it gets. All the good days up around these parts barely last, so we try to get the most out of it. Finally get car and it's wonderful. Come back for the tune since I was putting an LSX intake on. Granted it wasn't he next week, but with my schedule, I couldn't have gotten any break in miles with the motor between that time anyways. Get it dynoed and on my way home, getting on it a bit right by 53, and it tosses the belt and i lost it. so i'm from milwaukee, sitting on the side of the freeway, and call up Jon. Jon asks me to hold on and he'd call me right back. about 15 minutes later i got a guy pulling up behind me on the freeway with a belt and the ratchet to put the belt on the tensioner. Gotta thank jay for that one!! All the milwaukee crew hits up speed inc for parts/service, and i'm not even close to being the biggest "pimp" of their shop.

Chris

PS - same day since i was rushing the install of the LSX the night before, i crunched up an o-ring on an injector and it was spitting fuel out. busy as hell, with like 50 cars back there, with OWNER OPERATOR ERROR, simple o-ring swap was done by larry. two things done by me(since i hadn't bought the katech tensioner the belt toss was my fault) were fixed no questions asked
Old 05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS62000
Isn't it Speed INC? Not INK
It is Speed Inc., but when they were in GM hightech or some other magazine forgot what one but it was Speed Ink. So i kinda adapted it.

BTW my car is there today getting some more work on it!

Scott
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
I am sorry you feel that way. We have dedicated more time then you could imagine to customers that spend $20,000 and some buy nothing. We really don't care. We want everyone to feel appreciated as we would want to feel ourselves buying or inquiring about something.
I'll vouch for this. I have only spent about $1000 at Speed Inc total, yet I have been very happy with every dealing I have had with them.

I have, and will continue to, recommend them to everyone I get a chance to.

I'm sure everyone makes mistakes and they're not perfect... but as far as speed shops go, they are the best of the best. keep up the great work Larry, Tom, and Crew.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the tune, fellas!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

baddogz28 you got a pm
Old 05-10-2005, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

you do too....
Old 05-10-2005, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Figure I'll add in....

I was at Speed on Sat, they were suppose to close at 12:00. I got there at about 12:05, and could you believe, the door was still open! Waited around like 15 mins for LArry to finish up with another customer and he took care of the parts I needed. I left there around 12:30 and the DORR WAS STILL OPEN!!!

I'm sure if it was a matter of them having no plans and sticking around, they would have(as they have for me before). But it's a Friday, who doesn't have plans on a friday night? I'm sure everyone wanted to get out of there.

I've also ordered parts and had to wait on their supplier. It's not their fault. I'm sure if they had it in stock, they would of taken care of it....

A HAPPY SPEED INC NUT SWINGER!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I live in Texas and have ordered a couple things from SpeedInc. never had any probs. Great guys to deal with IMO.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

I installed a charger on my car, and set up a date to have it tuned there. The morning of I had a problem with the tow truck guys and my dad bailing on me to get the car up there. Called larry up and he said just get it here when you can. He squeezed me in even though i missed my appointment and got the car back the next day. He didnt have to do that, he could have told me to set up another appointment and to try again next time. Speed Inc. is the only place ill bring my car to for tuning or installations now bc of Larry. Hes a great guy and knows his stuff with cars. Thanks again Larry, and all the guys at the shop.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Launching!

well, i personally havent had any work done at speed inc, but ive ordered parts, they all have come fast for me. And Larry has been a huge help while im awaiting my new rear end from strange. Id get a reply via email no more than a day later. Hes helped me out alot with this and i must say thanks to him. I said my .02 so ill leave it at that.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

thanks again guys for the support...

We are always glad to go out of our way to help every time we can. There are just sometimes we just run out of time or have plans.

Sat....we left after 1 p.m and was late to take my wife and mother out for dinner. oh well thats biz.

STKoRn97... Sean? incase you have not been notified by Ron ...your Strange 12 bolt is here finally

Larry
Old 05-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Yeah, Ron called me and left me a message. Thanks again for your help. Cant wait to get it in the car finally. Its been a long time coming. haha
Old 05-13-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Wow

it never ceases to amaze me when people bitch about parts not being on time when its a SUPPLIER running behind, not the shop you ordered it from...to anyone in this thread crying about that, shut up already, you look stupid. no, seriously. you do. that's like pulling into a gas station that is out of gas cuz its supply truck is late and screaming at the dude behind the counter, fuckign retarded behavior at best.

Silverghost I am not trying to start anything here but I do not see your point. Yes, it is the customers right to bitch. This is called inventory management. It is part of business. If you go to a bank to withdraw money are you going to accept a cashier telling you "I am sorry sir you cant have your withdraw because we are out of money"?

If you pull into a gas station that is out of gas you have the right to complain because they are the ones that didn't have it. Who is the dumb *** that didn't order enough (management responsibility). Why didn't they place the order earlier before they ran out of gas (sales forecasting)? Who has the right to go somewhere else (customers freedom of choice)?

Bottom line comes down to this,
Who advertises the supplier's parts. The retailer
Who has the relationship with the supplier. The retailer
Who is responsible for placing the order with the supplier. The retailer
Who is responsible for making sure the supplier is on time. The retailer
Who is held responsible for obligations not being met by the supplier. The retailer

In this case, it is the retailer (Speed Inc) being held accountable by the customer for the actions of Speed Inc's supplier. I cant see this as "******* retarted behavior".

PS. I am not bashing Speed Inc in any way. I am sure that they made things right with the customer. I have always known them to go out of thier way for the customer...
Old 05-13-2005, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taphee6
it never ceases to amaze me when people bitch about parts not being on time when its a SUPPLIER running behind, not the shop you ordered it from...to anyone in this thread crying about that, shut up already, you look stupid. no, seriously. you do. that's like pulling into a gas station that is out of gas cuz its supply truck is late and screaming at the dude behind the counter, fuckign retarded behavior at best.

Silverghost I am not trying to start anything here but I do not see your point. Yes, it is the customers right to bitch. This is called inventory management. It is part of business. If you go to a bank to withdraw money are you going to accept a cashier telling you "I am sorry sir you cant have your withdraw because we are out of money"?

If you pull into a gas station that is out of gas you have the right to complain because they are the ones that didn't have it. Who is the dumb *** that didn't order enough (management responsibility). Why didn't they place the order earlier before they ran out of gas (sales forecasting)? Who has the right to go somewhere else (customers freedom of choice)?

Bottom line comes down to this,
Who advertises the supplier's parts. The retailer
Who has the relationship with the supplier. The retailer
Who is responsible for placing the order with the supplier. The retailer
Who is responsible for making sure the supplier is on time. The retailer
Who is held responsible for obligations not being met by the supplier. The retailer

In this case, it is the retailer (Speed Inc) being held accountable by the customer for the actions of Speed Inc's supplier. I cant see this as "******* retarted behavior".

PS. I am not bashing Speed Inc in any way. I am sure that they made things right with the customer. I have always known them to go out of thier way for the customer...
Yeah, because speed inc can make sure that the supplier is on time, that is SO totally under their control 100% of the time.

Quick Reply: A Friendly word on LS1Speed Ink.