Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need Insurance help BAD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

If your car is financed, they will occasionally ask for proof of insurance and if you cannot furnish one they will start a policy for you and charge you.

Any way, you want insurance, that is the whole point of this thread. Get crackin' on those calls!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
This situation is what many of us like to call, "just desserts." For many years, you chose to drive uninsured, and had you hit one of us, our insurance would have had to cover us. Honest folks like myself have to pay a higher amount for "uninsured motorist" premiums because of selfish people like you. For nine years you drive uninsured to save money while putting law-abiding folks at risk, then you drop nearly $30,000 in mods and think you'll get a free ride through this thread?

So while you had a "free lunch," on us for the past 9 years, you won't mind if we watch you get your just desserts.

Ahh, thank you very much. So maybe i should just forget getting insurance at all right? because doing the "right thing" late is not enough for people like you or the insurance companies...

If I were to tell you to kiss my A** would you cry?

what am i writing about? i'm looking for insurance not a ******* lecture so stop looking to build your post numbers up on my time!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ILuvMyTransam
Ahh, thank you very much. So maybe i should just forget getting insurance at all right? because doing the "right thing" late is not enough for people like you or the insurance companies...

If I were to tell you to kiss my A** would you cry?

what am i writing about? i'm looking for insurance not a ******* lecture so stop looking to build your post numbers up on my time!
look, i wasnt going to say anything because im not all into big flame wars, but you have no right to get pissed off when you come out and say something like, that you better expect some people to retaliate because he is right, i got hit by unisured moterist a couple years back, it was a junker that got hit but thats not the point, the point is insurance isnt there to save your ***, its to cover whoever you hits *** otherwise your ******* them over, as for your "doing the right thing" thats bs too, you said yourself, your not doing it because its the right thing, your doign it to cover your ***, i hope you get the premiums you deserve, and if you decide to remain uninsured? i hope somone lifts your car you *****.

anyway this will be the only post i make on the subject. as i said, i dont like flame wars, i will not continue to be part of one, some things just need to be said.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ILuvMyTransam
Gee, let me weigh this for a second...hmmm....$200-$500 fine once a year or 1.4K a year in liability insurance a year. i've thought about this before when i was driving my beaters around and i came to the conclusion based on how many times i've been pulled over in the past 9 years that it is MUCH cheaper just to chance it.

I've been broke most of my life and learned to get by bending some of the less important rules. Otherwise it would have been impossible.
You can self insure yourself if you have $1,000,000 I the bank, so I belive. Just thowing that out there

But driving with no insurance, you risk a few hundred dollar fine but what happens if you get in an accident? my brother was knocked off his bike by an un insured driver, dunno who to feel more sorry for.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Banned

Not gonna cast any stones! You might want to get a Lojack, or some kinda GPS locater system. I had a fuel pump shut off switch installed on a Mustang GT. It made me feel a little better. You can't stop them just slow them down!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

At least get the car insured for the basic. It might not cover everything, but if you are hit by someone without insurance or hit and run at least you won't be completely out. Then too if you are found at fault in an accident they will pay the other guy. If you carry insurance for a while with no incident then perhaps later it will be easier to get the coverage you want.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cephiros
look, i wasnt going to say anything because im not all into big flame wars, but you have no right to get pissed off when you come out and say something like, that you better expect some people to retaliate because he is right, i got hit by unisured moterist a couple years back, it was a junker that got hit but thats not the point, the point is insurance isnt there to save your ***, its to cover whoever you hits *** otherwise your ******* them over, as for your "doing the right thing" thats bs too, you said yourself, your not doing it because its the right thing, your doign it to cover your ***, i hope you get the premiums you deserve, and if you decide to remain uninsured? i hope somone lifts your car you *****.

anyway this will be the only post i make on the subject. as i said, i dont like flame wars, i will not continue to be part of one, some things just need to be said.

I couldn't agree more.

What a dumb ***, you have not had insurance because you could get off cheaper with a fine, if caught. Wow really, so what happens when you run into someone and cause 100,000 dollars worth of damage. You sir have been lucky so far, up till now. I hope that you have to pay high premiums and they don't cover all of your vehicle, it is just deserved for having such a **** poor attitude and trying to get one over on the system. Well you obviously are not the brightest cookie, cause you have put 28K in a car, that you have no garage for, and didn't check the insurance rates. I guess you got the 28k by not haveing insurance over the years, well now you get to pay thru the nose for it. YOU ARE A DUMB ***
Old 07-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Oh man, please stay on the north side, cause if you ever hit me the last thing you would be worrying about is saving a couple bux on insurance. You really sound like a total deadbeat who milks the system for all it's worth.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CRZY747
I couldn't agree more.

What a dumb ***, you have not had insurance because you could get off cheaper with a fine, if caught. Wow really, so what happens when you run into someone and cause 100,000 dollars worth of damage. You sir have been lucky so far, up till now. I hope that you have to pay high premiums and they don't cover all of your vehicle, it is just deserved for having such a **** poor attitude and trying to get one over on the system. Well you obviously are not the brightest cookie, cause you have put 28K in a car, that you have no garage for, and didn't check the insurance rates. I guess you got the 28k by not haveing insurance over the years, well now you get to pay thru the nose for it. YOU ARE A DUMB ***

I realize you don't want to have your *** chewed when you came here looking for help, however, what you have been doing is WRONG. You are supposed to have insurance in order to cover other people and perhaps yourself. Don't forget to think about others and the future. I dislike insurance companies just as much as the rest of us but you must get insurance. Be a big boy and get it for the right reasons.

I am glad that you have some money now but spend it wisely.

B
Old 07-26-2005, 06:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I spent 4 weeks in a hospital, one year off of work, and 175,000 in medical bills after getting hit by someone with no insurance.

Buy it and consider yourself lucky you have not needed it to date.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what if one day your driving your POS beater and blow out a tire and get into an accident? Then what, you have no $1000 beater anymore plus you will be paying a fine..that makes sense. You could also be sued if you crash into someone else and seriously hurt them. But I'm sure your a "perfect" driver and that will never happen to you.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
I spent 4 weeks in a hospital, one year off of work, and 175,000 in medical bills after getting hit by someone with no insurance.

Buy it and consider yourself lucky you have not needed it to date.
crap dude that sucks o.o no permanant injuries i hope?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Here ya go.

http://www.theeagleman.com/images/me...le_comm_bb.wmv