Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Hardcore Motorsport Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardcore Motorsport Tuning?

Anyone had any work done there before, specifically tuning? I've had some bad experiences with Speed recently and now I'm not sure if I want to get retuned there. I'm also moving to Ann Arbor on the 20th so at that point any of the shops around there would be a lot closer.
But if I get tuned by someone around Ann Arbor it means driving my car untuned for a week after a cam install, which I'm not sure if it's a good idea?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't know any place in A2 at all, I have lived there. Most of the places are in Detroit area or Flint area, like Hardcore. My neighbor knows Ronny Duke so I am hoping I can get a tour of their facilities soon... but I have no experience with their work, sorry.

Brian
Old 08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Default Tune Time

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Anyone had any work done there before, specifically tuning? I've had some bad experiences with Speed recently and now I'm not sure if I want to get retuned there. I'm also moving to Ann Arbor on the 20th so at that point any of the shops around there would be a lot closer.
But if I get tuned by someone around Ann Arbor it means driving my car untuned for a week after a cam install, which I'm not sure if it's a good idea?
If you decide to have someone in this area tune the car you will be without it for at least a week. Just my .02 but the best tune I have ever had was on my 98 WS6. Head and Cam Car ran 12.0 and had a perfect idle. It beat a lot of cars with tunes doen on the dyno.

Do it up right and send it to Ed Wright for tuning. This guy is dead on everytime. I can guarntee you won't be unhappy. I know guys that have had their cars dyno tuned then ended up sending their computers to Ed and gaining another 10-20Hp.

Just my .02.

What cam are you installing?

Good Luck
Old 08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Do it up right and send it to Ed Wright for tuning. This guy is dead on everytime. I can guarntee you won't be unhappy. I know guys that have had their cars dyno tuned then ended up sending their computers to Ed and gaining another 10-20Hp.
I'm installing an F13 on a 112. Sent you a pm.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to come to Kokomo, I can do a good base idle and part drive tune for you if you like. Wideband and all.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

EW is a hit/miss, kinda thing. Just do a search on him for info...Hardcore does have one of the fastest LS1's, so they must know a little something about that "department." I also think Rapid Motorsports is in MI..Id check them out also
Old 08-08-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

go see kurt in mccomb county he is one of the best with very good references.STAY AWAY FROM HARDCORE!!!!! i can have other people pm you this same message who have had to take theyre car to kurt.if you want his number pm me he only takes about an hour to an hour in a half to do the tune he charges 450 and its well worth it.
and again if you want to hear some horror stories about hardcores tuning, i can have them sent to you!!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Rapid is in Pennsylvania, 8 hours away.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

my recomendation would be livernois or possibly wheel2wheel although i dont even know if they offer dyno tunes im sure someone in the area could chime in on this one.

im from flint and frequent the area alot and dont go to hardcore if that means anything, i honestly havent heard that many good things with em.

Later,
Greg

Quick Reply: Hardcore Motorsport Tuning?